Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I know it's not the first BE wedding, but....

I know it's not the first BE wedding, but....

Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I know it's not the first BE wedding, but....

Here's me and the hubby - yes, it's Loose, for those that remember (he used to knock about on the Oz forum and was a protegee of the Bix-Grayling school of waffle and smut)

And yes, Loose and I first *met* here on the forum, back in the heady days of 2004. We got married in Jersey on 30 September.

These are rubbish photos though - promise to post some decent ones later.
Attached Thumbnails I know it's not the first BE wedding, but....-wedding-3.jpg   I know it's not the first BE wedding, but....-wedding-4.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:39 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know it's not the first BE wedding, but....

Congratulations to you both.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Here's me and the hubby - yes, it's Loose, for those that remember (he used to knock about on the Oz forum and was a protegee of the Bix-Grayling school of waffle and smut)

And yes, Loose and I first *met* here on the forum, back in the heady days of 2004. We got married in Jersey on 30 September.

Many many congratulations. Hope you had a really happy day and the whole family didn't have too many sad moments.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both. You look absolutely stunning Bundy. Best of luck to you for your future together
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Many many congratulations. Hope you had a really happy day and the whole family didn't have too many sad moments.

Actually, we had a very happy day and although it was hard without mum, she was still very much a presence - I had a photo of her on a sidetable so I saw it as I walked up the aisle, there was plenty of mention of her during the service and in the speeches and I put in a memorial for her in the order of service.

We buried her ashes the day before the wedding which was hard, but also sort of fitting.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:49 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yayyy!!!! Congratulations! You look beautiful!! (I was going to say you both look beautiful, but that sounds funny!)

Don't know what else to say (I always say that, but then come up with something anyway), so many, many happy years together!! I think you should do a tour of Australia.. have you been on honeymoon, or not really having one?

xx

Simone
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:52 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Yayyy!!!! Congratulations! You look beautiful!! (I was going to say you both look beautiful, but that sounds funny!)

Don't know what else to say (I always say that, but then come up with something anyway), so many, many happy years together!! I think you should do a tour of Australia.. have you been on honeymoon, or not really having one?

xx

Simone
Tour of Oz....sounds good.

We went to Thailand for our honeymoon and it was amazing - total five star luxury at a spa resort in Phuket. White sand beach, turquoise sea, cocktails on sun loungers and the nicest people you could hope to meet. Then two scary days in Bangkok on the way back. It was all fantastic!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:53 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

What a beautiful wedding party. You look like you're having a whale of a time. Congratulations and I wish you a long and happy marriage.

Gill
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:54 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Tour of Oz....sounds good.

We went to Thailand for our honeymoon and it was amazing - total five star luxury at a spa resort in Phuket. White sand beach, turquoise sea, cocktails on sun loungers and the nicest people you could hope to meet. Then two scary days in Bangkok on the way back. It was all fantastic!
Ohhh, nice! Never been there, must go sometime, especially being relatively close!

We're actually going back to the Netherlands in August next year for about 3 weeks, Pascal's brother is getting married!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by herrchook
What a beautiful wedding party. You look like you're having a whale of a time. Congratulations and I wish you a long and happy marriage.

Gill
BTW, the junior bridesmaid on the far right is my step-daughter now!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

No, but it's only the second, how wonderful. Do we have a better success rate than blind date?

Congratulations on your marriage thats brilliant news.

Sue
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Sue
No, but it's only the second, how wonderful. Do we have a better success rate than blind date?

Congratulations on your marriage thats brilliant news.

Sue

....and the first on the Oz forum, isn't it?

Yep, buy yourself a hat Sue!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

....and the first on the Oz forum, isn't it?

Yep, buy yourself a hat Sue!
Yep it's an Australian Forum first. Actually your the first British couple to get married who've met on the site. The other wedding was Snowbunny and Toontje who are American and Dutch.

I'm truly happy for you especially as the last few years have been particularly tough for you. I hope you will be as happy as Paul and I who celebrate our 20th anniversary next month.

Sue
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:19 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations to you both.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Sue
I'm truly happy for you especially as the last few years have been particularly tough for you. I hope you will be as happy as Paul and I who celebrate our 20th anniversary next month.

Sue
Well many congrats on your anniversary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.