Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I know it's been done before.....

I know it's been done before.....

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:55 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default I know it's been done before.....

.... and I'm not usually a sycophant, but who would you really like to meet from BE?

For me it's Vim and I'd like to share a beer with Hutch. Vim is just on my wavelength SOH-wise and Hutch speaks a lot of sense (usually!).

I've met up with a few ex-pats, some successfully / some not, and I'm sure I would have struck up a closer friendship with some, should we have lived closer...... (you know who you are ).

But who would be your BE 'dream team'. I would obvioulsy add Wendy for her knowledge and down-right lovelyness to everyone. Daunted for her guts and determination and my bestie Lacey 21 for being ' not full of sh*t and having a heart of gold' and being one of the only POMS I've met that's not full of her own self-importance!

What about you guys?

Jules x
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:00 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know it's been done before.....

Originally Posted by julesandco
.... and I'm not usually a sycophant, but who would you really like to meet from BE?

For me it's Vim and I'd like to share a beer with Hutch. Vim is just on my wavelength SOH-wise and Hutch speaks a lot of sense (usually!).

I've met up with a few ex-pats, some successfully / some not, and I'm sure I would have struck up a closer friendship with some, should we have lived closer...... (you know who you are ).

But who would be your BE 'dream team'. I would obvioulsy add Wendy for her knowledge and down-right lovelyness to everyone. Daunted for her guts and determination and my bestie Lacey 21 for being ' not full of sh*t and having a heart of gold' and being one of the only POMS I've met that's not full of her own self-importance!

What about you guys?

Jules x
P.S Herrchook, I always read your blog and love it.

i/Tiddlypom, you are far too intelligent a woman for me to ever imagine I'd be in your league in terms of friendship, but I sincerely admire your 'balls' and truly wish you all the luck in the world. I really hope your photography takes off splendidly!

Worzel - your blog is great a very blokey. Only hope one day we'll have as many mates and be as settled as you are.

Aston...... you are lovely - with or without 'man flu!'

and finally, PP, you have worked the hardest and waited the longest to get here. I truly hope it brings you all your hearts desire (Gobbyjock.... tell your dog to stop licking off her sun cream... she'll look like a lobster by the end of March!).
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:45 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have met quite a few of the Perth legends like PP, Ast, Redlion, Renth, Sam, Dorothy, Northernbird and Nightnurse. Probably just Amazulu for the full set of the top table. So it would have to be some of those over east. Hutch, Bix, Badge, Matt seem to be on the same wavelength so should be good company. Tiddlypom to see if she is really a looker or just uses her photographic skills to good effect

I always wished I could have met Jill (from the Banana Diaries for those of you with a long memory - she inspired me to write my blog) and some of those other Perth guys from that era that I read before we came out. Scossie, Siren & Brian etc.

I would like to meet Nu Shooz (in the park after dark with the Bacardi Breezers ) and Tracey W to compare their dislike for Perth with my love of it. That probably suggest we would be chalk and cheese but I can't help being curious.

Is there anyone I didn't mention (PS If there is - sorry, it wasn't deliberate)
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I think MartinLuther and Renth are interesting characters. Love to meet them and definitely Hutch, too. Agree with you about Vim - he breaks me up and is by far the funniest person on here.

Tiddly, Esperanza and Comet555 are three smart cookies who I think would be good company.

But I'd really like to meet Dorothy. She always says what I'm thinking.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

I'd love to meet Wendy - we always get scarily high scores on facebook likeness matches and I like her book page too. I haven't actually mailed much with her directly, but judging from her posts on her she sounds lovely.
I like Daunted's blog and from the few mail/BE post exchanges we had she sounds like we'd be on a wavelength too and I am very impressed by how she's managing all she's doing.
Timberfloor sounds interesting, I always like the posts in which he refers to his kids. Reminds me of my OH who also adores his children. And he's funny. And helpful.

Well this post sounds like a bit of a suck up now, doesn't it? Oh at least I get round to saying "thank you" to those three this way for the advice they had offered me so far. Cheers guys!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:14 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Id like to Meet a few off here, but alas they are lazy bludgers who dont do meets or live in perth with ARSES for avatars !!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Fiona67 is on a distinguished road

Vim and timber floor au, would be my choice, great SOH's
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona67
timber is mental, makes me laugh a lot, very nice chap too

would love to meet Ast, gedge, hutch, fiona and malc, framac, biggy, auch theres too many to list.
anyone who makes me laugh and theres a few on here
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:14 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell are you lot all doing up???

And Ste - I owe you a latte, so I guess I'm just going to have to grit my teeth & say I want to meet you - unless Starbuck's delivers?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:58 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I know it's been done before.....

In no particular order...

Hutch, Vim, Renth, TiddlyPom, busterboy (whom I've actually met), Aston (whom I've also met), ozziedoc, Oztennis, Wendy, Margaret3, mr mover, Badge, worzel, soapy, MartinLuther and gedge.

Hope I haven't left anyone out; apologies if I have.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 13th 2008 at 6:01 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:16 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona67
Aww thanks

Originally Posted by soapy
timber is mental, makes me laugh a lot, very nice chap too

would love to meet Ast, gedge, hutch, fiona and malc, framac, biggy, auch theres too many to list.
anyone who makes me laugh and theres a few on here
Thats another 20 bucks i oweya !!!!

Originally Posted by JenniGee
What the hell are you lot all doing up???

And Ste - I owe you a latte, so I guess I'm just going to have to grit my teeth & say I want to meet you - unless Starbuck's delivers?

LOL get your arses over here, and join us all at a meet
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:50 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:18 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco

What about you guys?

Jules x
Oi! What do you mean 'usually'! I am always the voice of reason on these forums ....

(oi .... stop chucking that mouldy veg at me)

Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:24 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel

I would like to meet Nu Shooz (in the park after dark with the Bacardi Breezers ) and Tracey W to compare their dislike for Perth with my love of it. That probably suggest we would be chalk and cheese but I can't help being curious.
It can be arranged, no probs...you like chalk, we like cheese
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Oi! What do you mean 'usually'! I am always the voice of reason on these forums ....

(oi .... stop chucking that mouldy veg at me)

It's not mouldy! Do you know how much I paid for that lettuce!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.