Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I know another sat nav question...

Wikiposts

I know another sat nav question...

Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:12 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default I know another sat nav question...

I know theres been alot said on this subject , but i'm finally thinking of putting my hand in my pocket and buying one of these gadgets.....

just want some up to date info on whats the best out there at the moment....!

The ones i've been recommended so far are the nav man....and the tom tom....

Any ideas will be appreciated.....all the best plumb.....
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:14 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know another sat nav question...

Originally Posted by the plumber
I know theres been alot said on this subject , but i'm finally thinking of putting my hand in my pocket and buying one of these gadgets.....

mate ive got a tom tom,cot me 450...

gets me everywhere i need to go..

good luck

m
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:17 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Alan has a Tom Tom too

He won't go anywhere without it
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:17 pm

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

i've heard the tom toms very good .......what model iis it you've got....?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:24 pm

the reason i'm asking ...is they're doing a good deal on nav man at the moment...has anyone got one....
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:26 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

the reason i'm asking ...is they're doing a good idel on nav man at the moment...as anyone got one....
mate i dont know what model mine is,,,,ive borrowed it someone..

cant you go for the cheaper one,if its no good take it back and change it for a dearer one...
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:34 pm

yes could do.......but any info would be gratefully received.....
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a tomtom 710 (I think) and it's fab but it was damn expensive but as it was a pressie from my lovely hubby I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth I know nothing about nav man but I'd happily get another tomtom when this one dies.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I've got a tomtom 710 (I think) and it's fab but it was damn expensive but as it was a pressie from my lovely hubby I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth I know nothing about nav man but I'd happily get another tomtom when this one dies.
I would recommend it 2, But our's died after 5 weeks of buying it, & kind person on BE told us what to do wit it, & I'm glad to say its working again.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:39 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Jees Chris you've been here over three years mate, surely you know your way to the pub & back by now
The Garmin Nuvi's are good there's a bluetooth option so you can use your mobile in the Ute or the Car
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I would recommend it 2, But our's died after 5 weeks of buying it, & kind person on BE told us what to do wit it, & I'm glad to say its working again.
hi i'm glad you got it sorted what was the problem?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aston man
mate ive got a tom tom,cot me 450...

gets me everywhere i need to go..

good luck

m
Can u get oz software for the TOM TOM seies as they are much cheaper in the UK, seen the 720 on shopbot with free software upgrade but its about $200 cheaper in UK
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Got Tom Tom 820 i think, cost about 700-800 ish.

for extra $10 you can download characters off tom tom site to direct you, such as John Cleese !

Brilliant NAV, suffers from Glare, albeit we have a cap thing. Also suffers from brewers droop, as its front heavy. Sometimes have to do a factory reset, as it doesnt boot lol

But wouldnt be without it

Friend has the MIO , 299, and another just bought one from ALDI, for about 200 bucks !!!!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
Can u get oz software for the TOM TOM seies as they are much cheaper in the UK, seen the 720 on shopbot with free software upgrade but its about $200 cheaper in UK
yes you can put aussie maps on any uk tomtom

Last edited by dave.and.lisa; Dec 18th 2007 at 9:53 am.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
hi i'm glad you got it sorted what was the problem?
I dont know, I think we needed to register it with them, I think, as soon as we went to the site & did download it just worked.
Thank you again for your suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.