Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"I kissed a girl and I liked it ..."

"I kissed a girl and I liked it ..."

Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: "I kissed a girl and I liked it ..."

Its not right you are 38 what you thinking about man get a grip , but when you are 40 its mighty fine LOL
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I hate that song with an absolute passion. My eldest always seems to find it on the music channels!
See, that's why I get along so well with you. I absolutely hate that song with a passion.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
My daughter thinks I am mad....I was convinced the line was ...'cherry chopstick' I asked if it was the new hip name for a ladies errrmmmmm parts!!!!!!

Jacqui
I was the butt of a fair few jokes at work for asking what the hell a cherry chopstick was! Apparently they don't even have cherry chapsticks in Oz (according to my work mates) must be a USA thing.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I was the butt of a fair few jokes at work for asking what the hell a cherry chopstick was! Apparently they don't even have cherry chapsticks in Oz (according to my work mates) must be a USA thing.
Chap Stick is a waxy clear lipstick type of thing that people in North America use to prevent chapped lips in winter. It comes in all kinds of flavours, cherry being the best seller.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hate the song with a passion:curse:

18 year old son sings "I kissed a girl and i like tit"

Di
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Chap Stick is a waxy clear lipstick type of thing that people in North America use to prevent chapped lips in winter. It comes in all kinds of flavours, cherry being the best seller.

Yep, I know what it is (I have owned a fair few of them, and they do have them here in Oz, just not in cherry flavour), but even now knowing she is singing cherry chapstick, it STILL sounds like cherry chopstick to me.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Is it right for a 38 year old man to be conjuring up images of teen girls whilst listening to this particular release from the Australian hip parade ... ?

YES
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:02 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Everytime I see the title of this thread I sing it the kids go mad lol

I used to hate it when the kids were at primary school and they all used to sing "sex on the beach" at the valentines/christmas disco.....so not a good thing.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:38 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Everytime I see the title of this thread I sing it the kids go mad lol

I used to hate it when the kids were at primary school and they all used to sing "sex on the beach" at the valentines/christmas disco.....so not a good thing.

its kinda on a par with listening to wee girls singing spice girls songs ... a 6 yr old singing ''if you wanna be my lover, ya gotta get with my friends'' ...

my neice is gay ... and sings it to her mum (my sis in law) just to wind her up
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:40 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Is it right for a 38 year old man to be conjuring up images of teen girls whilst listening to this particular release from the Australian hip parade ... ?
I'm a fellow 38 year old male and I'm more worried that you refer to the music charts as the "Hit Parade". Wasn't that the term used by the previous generation

Personally, I quite like this record. It's yet another slap in the face of conformity. Not a particularly good slap, but it highlights how the media seems to be able to control what is "acceptable", what isn't and how little control the mass population has over the decisions made by the media. If the Parents Union where in charge of the music on your radio I seriously doubt this girl or Pink (a truly odd character) would make it onto the Radio, in the same way that Frankie Goes To Hollywood was jumped on in the 80's. I can't remember the last time a song was banned for being immoral, etc. Even the Veronica's have the word "f**k" in the middle of their album.

It certainly appears that, between the lyrics in the songs they listen too and these Japanese shat cartoons with their hyper exaggerated emotions, the media controls your child and you have become merely a poor filter trying to shape the raw output. Some of the questions my sons come home from school with are just mind slapping.

I think that society in general seems to find "girls kissing girls" more acceptable than "boys kissing boys". This may also have an impact on the promotion of the song on the radio.

Al

Last edited by bigAPE; Aug 18th 2008 at 9:51 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
I'm a fellow 38 year old male and I'm more worried that you refer to the music charts as the "Hit Parade". Wasn't that the term used by the previous generation

Personally, I quite like this record. It's yet another slap in the face of conformity. Not a particularly good slap, but it highlights how the media seems to be able to control what is "acceptable", what isn't and how little control the mass population has over the decisions made by the media. If the Parents Union where in charge of the music on your radio I seriously doubt this girl or Pink (a truly odd character) would make it onto the Radio, in the same way that Frankie Goes To Hollywood was jumped on in the 80's. I can't remember the last time a song was banned for being immoral, etc. Even the Veronica's have the word "f**k" in the middle of their album.

It certainly appears that, between the lyrics in the songs they listen too and these Japanese shat cartoons with their hyper exaggerated emotions, the media controls your child and you have become merely a poor filter trying to shape the raw output. Some of the questions my sons come home from school with are just mind slapping.

I think that society in general seems to find "girls kissing girls" more acceptable than "boys kissing boys". This may also have an impact on the promotion of the song on the radio.

Al
I don't hate the song because of any of the kissing connotations it has. I just hate it because it is pure and utter wank!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:24 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't hate the song because of any of the kissing connotations it has. I just hate it because it is pure and utter wank!
Me too. If she wants to kiss girls then I say go for it. It's just that she's a talentless little Disney creation - another Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson type.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:26 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. If she wants to kiss girls then I say go for it. It's just that she's a talentless little Disney creation - another Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson type.
It's actually been criticised for apparently being a song that is homophobic in content, ironically.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

It's called bubble gum pop - specially written and arranged to be popular with all the little girls and make the singer a star, and it worked. My daughter (10) loves it and wrote out all the words, which was when I discovered that it wasn't "cherry chopsticks" too.
I'm a bit worried that she and her friends have decided to perform it in the school talent quest complete with actions
the odd thing is that she doesn't think it has any gay connotations. I mean who'd want to kiss a boy anyway? Duh.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, 'tis marketing genuis I reckon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.