Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I just can't get enough of...

Wikiposts

I just can't get enough of...

Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:20 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default I just can't get enough of...

avocados!!!!

dunno what's up with me...but before you say it ....NO I AM NOT UP THE DUFF!!

I used to hate them...thought they tasted soapy but now...YUUUUUM!!!!!!!!

am I going mad?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I just can't get enough of...

No. I used to hate them. Now I eat them with everything... chicken, avacado, sun dried tomato and asparagus sandwich... oh yes!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:31 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
No. I used to hate them. Now I eat them with everything... chicken, avacado, sun dried tomato and asparagus sandwich... oh yes!
Sheesh...glad I'm not alone!!!!! I put them in salad...with pasta...on crackers..on their own...I can't get enough!! OH moans they're too expensive though...since when have I listened to him though
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:52 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
Sheesh...glad I'm not alone!!!!! I put them in salad...with pasta...on crackers..on their own...I can't get enough!! OH moans they're too expensive though...since when have I listened to him though
Do they taste better cos they are grown in season and not "forced" like you get in uk?

I didn't like the one I had, but I dont hold grudges and would be willing to give it another go if that could be the case

Shirley
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I have to join the club - I absolutely hated avo's in the UK and now have them with everything:

Roast chicken, avo and mayo sandwich on crusty bread-Mmmmmmmmm!
Prawns and avo's
Cous Cous with avo slices
Cold pasta with avo's, asparagus, spring onions, olive oil and salt and pepper
And a taco isn't a taco without Guacamole - Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

They're incredibly good for you. Essential health food imo.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:02 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Okay now you've put me off
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:03 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Do they taste better cos they are grown in season and not "forced" like you get in uk?

I didn't like the one I had, but I dont hold grudges and would be willing to give it another go if that could be the case

Shirley
Oh yea....def give 'em another go here...they're scrummy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Okay now you've put me off
All the more for me then.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:04 pm
....is FAB

that gives me licence to stuff my face now...
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:06 pm
Where I want to be

Oh yea....def give 'em another go here...they're scrummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I will, good job I'm in Perth otherwise ipom would have cleared the shelves
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:11 pm
....is FAB

Maybe I will, good job I'm in Perth otherwise ipom would have cleared the shelves
She'd have cleared the whole of NSW & me QLD... so yea...good job you're in Perth!!!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:13 pm
Where I want to be

She'd have cleared the whole of NSW & me QLD... so yea...good job you're in Perth!!!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I've started eating more avos and more kiwis since I got here. Used to hate kiwis in the UK - love them here, both green and gold (that sounds familiar).

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I've started eating more avos and more kiwis since I got here. Used to hate kiwis in the UK - love them here, both green and gold (that sounds familiar).

I new Aussies & New Zealanders didn't necessarily get on but eating
Kiwis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.