Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I hate Coronation Drive in Brisbane - Rant!

I hate Coronation Drive in Brisbane - Rant!

Old May 19th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light
Default I hate Coronation Drive in Brisbane - Rant!

One and a half hours in crawling traffic from Toowong to Mount Gravatt East last night! A little bit of rain and the loony driving comes out.......why can't people leave gaps between cars and keep junctions free? And come to think of it - a red light usually means stop, even if the traffic is slow and you're getting a bit frustrated with waiting.....

If you're thinking about moving to Brisbane - try to avoid being put in the position to use this road on a daily basis. It stinks!!!!
Old May 19th 2011, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate Coronation Drive in Brisbane - Rant!

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
One and a half hours in crawling traffic from Toowong to Mount Gravatt East last night! A little bit of rain and the loony driving comes out.......why can't people leave gaps between cars and keep junctions free? And come to think of it - a red light usually means stop, even if the traffic is slow and you're getting a bit frustrated with waiting.....

If you're thinking about moving to Brisbane - try to avoid being put in the position to use this road on a daily basis. It stinks!!!!
I was on the city to north side and despite no major incidents it still wasn't pretty.

We sat it out at chermside, till the rush was past. then having left it till post 6pm drove into night roadworks. Nice with a bit of foggy rain and people who cant merge in turn
Old May 19th 2011, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I was going the opposite direction and it was carnage . . . four car nose to tail blocking two fo the three lanes happened just in front of me. If it's dark and wet you're better off stopping at home.
Old May 20th 2011, 12:04 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I went the back roads (Milton Rd) and still took me 1h40m to get home. It took me 55 mins to get from Toowong to the Inner City Bypass
Old May 20th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Can I jump in on your thread and moan about Nudgee north bound on the gateway?

That bit of road is the absolute bane of my commute. 25 minutes to travel a couple of k's. I never get roadroage but the Nudgee section is enough to make me go on a complete rampage...

*and breath*
Old May 20th 2011, 12:43 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR

That bit of road is the absolute bane of my commute. 25 minutes to travel a couple of k's. I never get roadroage but the Nudgee section is enough to make me go on a complete rampage...

*and breath*
Yeah but that stretch of road is nothing out of the norm. It is like that every arvo from 3-7pm without fail. That it just because of a awfully planned intersection. Last night was down to QLD drivers being incompetent and covering intersections, running red lights and not giving way. I never go Gateway home anymore simply because it adds another 15 mins minimum to my journey than if I go Sandgate Rd or Gympie Rd
Old May 20th 2011, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Glad I come in by train!
Old May 20th 2011, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR

*and breath*
Twas me yesterday . . .

Old May 20th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yeah but that stretch of road is nothing out of the norm. It is like that every arvo from 3-7pm without fail. That it just because of a awfully planned intersection. Last night was down to QLD drivers being incompetent and covering intersections, running red lights and not giving way. I never go Gateway home anymore simply because it adds another 15 mins minimum to my journey than if I go Sandgate Rd or Gympie Rd
I know it's like that every day, I have to use it 3 times a week

Where would I go to get on Sandgate Road? I come from Cannon Hill and get off at the Murrumba Downs junction.

Originally Posted by spartacus
Ah but his rampage was over Macca's. Much more important than road rage
Old May 20th 2011, 2:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, Australia's (self proclaimed) most livable city!
Old May 20th 2011, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

I turned down a great job offer just because it would mean I would have to use coro drive, it's just an awful road that doesn't seem to get any better.
Old May 20th 2011, 2:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
I turned down a great job offer just because it would mean I would have to use coro drive, it's just an awful road that doesn't seem to get any better.
But it has nice twinkly lights in it!
Old May 20th 2011, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Sydney was worse!
Old May 20th 2011, 4:46 am
Just Joined

ryan88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent 90 mins back home. 40 mins on Coronation Drive. horrible traffic.
Old May 20th 2011, 5:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Ah yes, Australia's (self proclaimed) most livable city!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.