I hate.............

Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I hate.............

This is our third summer and every summer so far bushfires have been a major problem in some areas. Not where we are, but certainly some areas within Aus.

The reason there are adverts is because in some areas where bushfires are not normally prevalent, they warn against throwing lighted cig ends out of car windows or making sure BBQ's are put out to stop accidental fires.

That's a way of life
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:16 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
What, for a couple of months a year?? Rubbish...and it may not be like that next year, in fact, probably wont. Or the year after...

I am just finding this whole thing hilarious....
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we Australians call this time of the year BUSHFIRE SEASON? with fires raging in the majority of states it's quite obvious that they are an annual occurence hence the seasonal name. Granted the last few years have been a lot drier but there have been seasonal fires since long before 1770.
Some of the Flora and fauna here cannot reproduce without the effects of seasonal bushfires so I guess that must make it a big way of life for them.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

emu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of light

What, for a couple of months a year?? Rubbish...and it may not be like that next year, in fact, probably wont. Or the year after...
I'm sure the weather bureau will be glad to have you on board to forecast future climate change.

I am just finding this whole thing hilarious
Yes, losing your home is humourous isn't it.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emu72
I'm sure that is a great relief to all the people who do live in those areas and whose homes are at risk. And the thousands of firefighters risking their lives must be glad that they are wasting their time...
Huh? Who said anything about firefighters wasting their time?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:24 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we Australians call this time of the year BUSHFIRE SEASON? with fires raging in the majority of states it's quite obvious that they are an annual occurence hence the seasonal name. Granted the last few years have been a lot drier but there have been seasonal fires since long before 1770.
Some of the Flora and fauna here cannot reproduce without the effects of seasonal bushfires so I guess that must make it a big way of life for them.
Bushfires do happen most years, I have not disputed that, the severity varies from year to year.

As you say, yes, seasonal....most years, generally they happen January/February...the hottest months of the year. There are 10 other months they are not an issue, nor a way of life.

But my whole point of my posts is that for the majority of people who live here, and the majority who move over here, it isnt/wont be a way of life for them.

It will be something they read about, or see the news reports on the TV.They will look at the poor people who are fighting to save the few homes that do get burnt down and think "Thank god that wasnt me"...then they will move on, change the channel and settle back to watch an episode of Neighbours.

That is a way of life...
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Those of us not in bushfire country can just go ahead lighting fires wherever we want then.

As for cig ends, keep lobbing them out of the car windows guys.

Doesn't matter cos it's not a way of life to be fire / safety consious

Bored <yawn>
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:33 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Those of us not in bushfire country can just go ahead lighting fires wherever we want then.

As for cig ends, keep lobbing them out of the car windows guys.

Doesn't matter cos it's not a way of life to be fire / safety consious

Bored <yawn>
Oh FFS...
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:35 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Floods are a way of life in the Uk because of the amount of rain we have.

I dont live near a river so its not a way of life for me but i still live in the same country as other people who have to content with them every year.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Floods are a way of life in the Uk because of the amount of rain we have.

I dont live near a river so its not a way of life for me but i still live in the same country as other people who have to content with them every year.
And you look at the stories on the TV, shake your head sorrowfully, thanking god it wasnt you, then move on to watch Corrie, right??
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Oh FFS...
Yes..sums you up nicely..

What's wrong with the childish ignore button you use when you and your mates can't get your way? Please put me back on ignore. I'd rather have decent discussion with grown ups.

Grow up stupid.

Oh forgot. You did

Toodlepip. Hope you find a job in kindergarden.

Same level of intelligence
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Yes..sums you up nicely..

What's wrong with the childish ignore button you use when you and your mates can't get your way? Please put me back on ignore. I'd rather have decent discussion with grown ups.

Grow up stupid.

Oh forgot. You did

Toodlepip. Hope you find a job in kindergarden.

Same level of intelligence

Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:45 pm

Shame when a thread with some pretty good points and arguments disintegrates down to childish name calling....tsk tsk....
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:51 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

And you look at the stories on the TV, shake your head sorrowfully, thanking god it wasnt you, then move on to watch Corrie, right??
not corrie,more like logging onto BE and start talking to weirdo's like you
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:52 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Shame when a thread with some pretty good points and arguments disintegrates down to childish name calling....tsk tsk....
you smell of doggy poo
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
not corrie,more like logging onto BE and start talking to weirdo's like you
takes one to know one

Notice how childish that was???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.