I hate.............

Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

emu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I hate.............

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You really haven't got a clue have you. You see, they KNOW Australia, you only think you know it. You were born here so you only see what you have been taught to see. You need an educated British mind to see the truth.
But Aussies don't need an education. Why waste time on that when there is sport to be played!!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Ahhhhhh....thats what it is??? Hmmm....well, you know, I am pretty happy that I have this site to set me straight!!
Well that's one Australian put straight. How many more are there to convert?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emu72
Not a way of life???

Maybe you should tell Steve Bracks so that he can stop wasting money on all the TV adverts telling people that they need to plan for fires.

Next you'll be telling us that there isn't a drought!
Sorry, only just seen this. Surely though, if it is a way of life, adverts would not be required telling people they need to plan for fires. It's because it has been a very dry few years, and the bushland has not been managed as well as it should that more fires have broken out in the last year or so? Therefore people have not had bushfires at the top of their agenda until now. Ergo, it's not a way of life for a lot of people.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:58 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Its wet where i live

and a bit cold
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:58 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, only just seen this. Surely though, if it is a way of life, adverts would not be required telling people they need to plan for fires. It's because it has been a very dry few years, and the bushland has not been managed as well as it should that more fires have broken out in the last year or so? Therefore people have not had bushfires at the top of their agenda until now. Ergo, it's not a way of life for a lot of people.
If you get any karma for that well thought out, perfectly logical point, you better share it!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:59 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Its wet where i live

and a bit cold
And that really IS a way of life....
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

It's also not a way of life for most people, because most people don't live anywhere near any bushland and therefore are not the slightest bit threatened when one starts up!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:01 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
And that really IS a way of life....
yeah it sure is cos it makes you stay indoors for 6 months of the year.

To my mind that makes for an unhealthy lifestyle,you only need to see my fat belly to realise that
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

emu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of light

It doesn't matter if it has historically been a 'way of life'. If people are having to change the way they live to deal with the daily threat of bushfire then it is definitely a way of life now.

And on the subject of adverts, are the evils of smoking or drink driving something new? If not, your argument would mean that the adverts aren't needed.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:04 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

There are ads about speeding and drink driving they aren't new agendas either?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by emu72
It doesn't matter if it has historically been a 'way of life'. If people are having to change the way they live to deal with the daily threat of bushfire then it is definitely a way of life now.
What, for a couple of months a year?? Rubbish...and it may not be like that next year, in fact, probably wont. Or the year after...

and, as the point has been made, its a minority of the population who are effected. This is the major point which a few have been trying to make.

I am just finding this whole thing hilarious....

Last edited by Hels Bells; Jan 21st 2007 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:07 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

And as for that cillit bang advert ,god ... that man has changed my domestic house cleaning lifestyle totally.

Thank the lord for the advertising industry
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by cresta57
Granted. Just to be argumentative though, they run all year. Bush fire ads don't. Not even aware of having seen many of these ads anyway and like I said, bush fires (where I am) are not a part of my life. I need to go to bed. Will dream of locusts, pestilence, tsunamis, fires etc and hope to god I wake up in the morning.

Originally Posted by cresta57
But the drink driving and speeding campaigns arent new and have been going as long as I can remember. Perhaps just new ads, but the same message for years...so yes, that is a way of life...unfortunately
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NickyC
It's also not a way of life for most people, because most people don't live anywhere near any bushland and therefore are not the slightest bit threatened when one starts up!
I'm sure that is a great relief to all the people who do live in those areas and whose homes are at risk. And the thousands of firefighters risking their lives must be glad that they are wasting their time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.