Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I dont want to play this game any more

Wikiposts

I dont want to play this game any more

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont want to play this game any more

Yeah it's hard.....you have my sympathy.
We left 3 moggies behind
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Seems a bit high for pooch - Golden Arrow quoted us £1600 all inclusive for our springer/collie cross. The cat's going to the mother-in-law and Josh had bequeathed his snail collection to Hannah next door.

golden arrow (and others) quoted us £2,500 for a golden retriever plus all the extras which takes it up to at least £3,000 and then a grand for the cat!! i kid yee not.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Feed the rabbit to the cat, the cat to the dog - Hey Presto, only one to re-home or ship

tit
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Yeah it's hard.....you have my sympathy.
We left 3 moggies behind

it is going to be soooo weird without them
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:36 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

7 grand UK for 2 Spinone - they now live another family in Durham
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:36 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
it is going to be soooo weird without them
It is.
Suddenly you don't have to look where you're stepping........but of course you still do.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:39 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently rehoming our dog, cat and rabbit and its horrible. I thought I would enjoy going to live in Australia but these last few days have been horrible .

it sucks BIG

Sorry Rooksie but I was quite pleased when I read your thread. At first look I thought oh no the house sale has fallen through.
I know what you are doing is hard at the moment especially the pet re homing and I think its quite normal to start feeling quite emotional round about now. But it's all worth it.
If I could go back to that last couple of months in England I would do it all so differently. I would have stopped stressing and had the best possible time with all the important people that I have left behind because my stressing got us nowhere and it would have all got done still stress or no stress.
I know, easy for me to say now I am here
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Sorry Rooksie but I was quite pleased when I read your thread. At first look I thought oh no the house sale has fallen through.
I know what you are doing is hard at the moment especially the pet re homing and I think its quite normal to start feeling quite emotional round about now. But it's all worth it.
If I could go back to that last couple of months in England I would do it all so differently. I would have stopped stressing and had the best possible time with all the important people that I have left behind because my stressing got us nowhere and it would have all got done still stress or no stress.
I know, easy for me to say now I am here

Great post mate - thanks

i needed a strategically well aimed kick in a proverbial place - good on ya!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:47 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post mate - thanks

i needed a strategically well aimed kick in a proverbial place - good on ya!!

Thats alot of money to take your animals. Abdels having a baby at the grand quoted for Gordon.

Although if we can take him, we will. He is our only pet.

But its not set in stone. Trouble is, I cant organise anything yet as we dont have a visa and havent a clue how far in advance you have to start sorting it out.

He wont be having the rabies jab, and hes microchipped.

Bloody hard choice for you Rooksie, you have more than enough on your plate at the moment.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Thats alot of money to take your animals. Abdels having a baby at the grand quoted for Gordon.

Although if we can take him, we will. He is our only pet.

But its not set in stone. Trouble is, I cant organise anything yet as we dont have a visa and havent a clue how far in advance you have to start sorting it out.

He wont be having the rabies jab, and hes microchipped.

Bloody hard choice for you Rooksie, you have more than enough on your plate at the moment.

I thought about taking Smudge (cat) but she is an outdoor cat and it wouldnt be fair to start keeping her in now. She is certainly my favourite (God I hope Murphy the dog isnt listening!!) and i will be gutted to see her go..... boohoo
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought about taking Smudge (cat) but she is an outdoor cat and it wouldnt be fair to start keeping her in now. She is certainly my favourite (God I hope Murphy the dog isnt listening!!) and i will be gutted to see her go..... boohoo

Funny, Gordon has just jumped up on my lap, purring heavily and trying to rub his head on my hands as I type.

Hes listening I tell you and has promised to phone your dog to fill him in.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

we left our lovable cocker spaniel behind to but we found her a good home,and now we have a just as lovable maltese,you will get over it mate,when you get here you ll have to much going on to even think about it to much, trust me
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:04 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Rooksie I really feel for you. We've got 2 cats and although my hubby is actually allergic to them, he knows how attached the girls and I are to them is "happy" for them to come with us. I do know that he'd rehome them in a heartbeat though, I break my heart even just thinking of sending them on the journey alone!!

Hopefully this will put a smil on your face.....I dreamt about you, Margaret and Scott Mills from Radio 1 last night Told Margaret earlier - I think she's avoiding me now

Will you be able to keep in touch with your animals once rehomed?

Gill
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:05 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by herrchook
Rooksie I really feel for you. We've got 2 cats and although my hubby is actually allergic to them, he knows how attached the girls and I are to them is "happy" for them to come with us. I do know that he'd rehome them in a heartbeat though, I break my heart even just thinking of sending them on the journey alone!!

Hopefully this will put a smil on your face.....I dreamt about you, Margaret and Scott Mills from Radio 1 last night Told Margaret earlier - I think she's avoiding me now

Gill
She's after us Rooksie, run for your life
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by herrchook

Gill

i will do my level best to keep in touch mate!!!!

what was i doing in your dream ?? tell tell tell!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.