Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I Don't want to buy your house because....

I Don't want to buy your house because....

Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:13 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Don't want to buy your house because....

Right folks! it is at last today that our house is officially up for sale. I am anticipating that this will be the most stressful, frustrating part of the process so far.

Just to make light of the subject I wondered if anyone would like to share their most ridiculous, stupid, outrageous excuses that people have given you for not wanting to buy your house

My friend from the canada forum (i'm sure she won't mind me sharing this with you) told me that the last people who came to view her house didn't want to buy it because..........

....she was packing boxes to ....er.......move.......to canada!

so come on, lets have a bit of a giggle, tell us some classics and I promise I will share mine too if anyone comes to look at the house in the first place!

Jackie x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Don't want to buy your house because....

The guys who put in the first offer on my last house said 'we've just changed our minds'

That was 2 days after she'd spent 2 hours running around the house telling me she loved it, and then putting in an offer with the estate agent while she was actually sat in my living room using MY phone!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:19 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

One of our viewers with details in hand might I add asked me where the 4th bedroom was. Errm it's a 3 bedroom house - it's on the details I said.

Oh he said "I though the estate agent made a mistake so don't think we'll bother". FFS.

Estate Agent did continue to send people round who wanted 4 bedrooms btw - we sacked the £$%^er.

Another viewer said there were too many houses in my road. There are 12 detached houses and 2 bungalows in my cul-de-sac.

We have actullay sold it now STC but waiting for the surveyors report.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:31 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! they have come to put up the for sale board.

The bloke has just said to me..."Shall I put it there?"

"You best not" i said " thats next doors garden!"

Jackie x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:37 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We had a really nerdy couple come round who said they liked it. Then they came for a second look with a family member who was a tradesman for an expert eye. They then came for a third look with the parents - surely they must be about to buy it? No. When we told them (honestly) we had another offer and would they like to better it they said that we were still only on a short list of 3. FFS! After 3 visits!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck. Hope it sells quickly.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:59 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Right folks! it is at last today that our house is officially up for sale. I am anticipating that this will be the most stressful, frustrating part of the process so far.

Just to make light of the subject I wondered if anyone would like to share their most ridiculous, stupid, outrageous excuses that people have given you for not wanting to buy your house

My friend from the canada forum (i'm sure she won't mind me sharing this with you) told me that the last people who came to view her house didn't want to buy it because..........

....she was packing boxes to ....er.......move.......to canada!

so come on, lets have a bit of a giggle, tell us some classics and I promise I will share mine too if anyone comes to look at the house in the first place!

Jackie x
Jackie, you're where I was about a month ago. Ours went so quickly and I've got everything crossed for you that you're goes quickly too.

Just remembered a couple of gems from selling previous properties. The first house I sold had a viewer who trampled mud over almost EVERY carpet in the house - and didn't even say sorry!!!!!

When we were selling our last house, we had a family around about 3 times and each time, the wife said, "my husband really wants to move but I don't so we won't be!!"
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:06 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the things we had were

I would have liked a separate dining room - it did say kitchen diner on the details

Hasn't it got an en-suite? - Wouldn't it have said on the details?

There isn't room for my Koi ponds - WTF!!!! The garden dimensions are on the piece of paper you have in your hands.

There's nowt so queer as folk eh
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:07 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

one person who was really keen and said she wanted it then went and told EA too many houses in the road had alarms? i would have thought that as long as they didn't go off that would be OK?

some one who had 3 kids in a 2 bed house said it was too small - its got 4 good sized bedrooms?

someone else said the upstairs was fine but it was too small downstairs - as the garage is incopreted in the house - estate agents said it could be converted - they said they wanted that done and a seperate garage - all for the pricely sum of less than 200K

i could go on
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

We showed a couple round the last house we sold and they said they really liked it but they really had their eye on a house that needed renovating and wanted to see what they could do nosy buggers
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:55 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

our last house was offered on on the first day. Newly married couple, 4 months later the day before the signing they pull out ..... apparantly his dad (who came to see the place with them every time they visited) decided it wasnt really for them ???!!!!

was a stroke of luck though - by that point prices were still rising, put it straight back on, got an offer £11k higher through a cash buyer!!!

and the stooooopid couple eventually bought the opposite side of the road 6 months later as couldnt afford our side (we had the south facing gardens, parking etc...) so got north facing garden, no parking (a NIGHTMARE on our small victorian street) so paid more for less and I've heard spend their days looking at our place and telling people how they are regretting listening to his dad hugely ....

idiots!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
our last house was offered on on the first day. Newly married couple, 4 months later the day before the signing they pull out ..... apparantly his dad (who came to see the place with them every time they visited) decided it wasnt really for them ???!!!!

was a stroke of luck though - by that point prices were still rising, put it straight back on, got an offer £11k higher through a cash buyer!!!

and the stooooopid couple eventually bought the opposite side of the road 6 months later as couldnt afford our side (we had the south facing gardens, parking etc...) so got north facing garden, no parking (a NIGHTMARE on our small victorian street) so paid more for less and I've heard spend their days looking at our place and telling people how they are regretting listening to his dad hugely ....

idiots!
Couple came round to view our last house and said that they wouldnt bother as they were looking for something that needed doing up...Duhhhh.... it said on the leaflet that we had done absolutely everything to it, so it was fully modernised and also included photos of every room. They even said that if they found a house , they would try and do it up to the standard and style we had done ours. Couldnt get them out the house quick enough, havent got time for nosey people.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:01 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

the first chap who came round to look at our house came back 3 times then decided that he's not going to buy at moment but going to leave it til may, for petes sake make your mind up

Last edited by want2bthere; Mar 7th 2007 at 1:02 pm. Reason: duh spelling
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

we had a 3 bed semi for sale , a guy came round (45) his mum (70) & wanted it because they needed an extra bathroom ( we had ensuite ) for the 95 yr old grandma ! all 3 was gonna live in it !

they needed a bungalow at least , what time wasters
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
we had a 3 bed semi for sale , a guy came round (45) his mum (70) & wanted it because they needed an extra bathroom ( we had ensuite ) for the 95 yr old grandma ! all 3 was gonna live in it !

they needed a bungalow at least , what time wasters
A couple who came to view our house said he didn't like it because there wasn't enough wildlife in the back garden!!! Another couple said they didn't want it because she would have to reverse out of the drive and she couldn't reverse a car!!! MORONS!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.