Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I can't believe it !

Wikiposts

I can't believe it !

Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:12 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can't believe it !

I am having the most amazing time in Melbourne at the moment, and I just need to let off steam here.

I have been here since Wednesday, and since being here I have seen a business that I would posibly like to buy, the same afternoon I get told that with my qualifications, it might be worth coming back on Monday to chat with the boss, because we might have an opening for you !

I went today back to the company today and talked for over 2 hours, and at the end of the conversation they said get your migration agent to contact me about sponsoring and I think we can do something. When can you start !!!! :scared:

I can't believe it.

The area where it is based is in Monbulk, which is absolutely glorious, it's about 45 minutes from Melbourne.

I phoned the wife to tell her, but it wqas 07.30am so I got a fairly damp reaction. I don't care, i'm now just finishing my 6 pack to celebrate and I just need to share it with somebody else.

thanks for listening.
Attached Thumbnails I can't believe it !-img_0403.jpg   I can't believe it !-img_0404.jpg   I can't believe it !-img_0409.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't believe it !

Originally Posted by furkew
I am having the most amazing time in Melbourne at the moment, and I just need to let off steam here.

I have been here since Wednesday, and since being here I have seen a business that I would posibly like to buy, the same afternoon I get told that with my qualifications, it might be worth coming back on Monday to chat with the boss, because we might have an opening for you !

I went today back to the company today and talked for over 2 hours, and at the end of the conversation they said get your migration agent to contact me about sponsoring and I think we can do something. When can you start !!!! :scared:

I can't believe it.

The area where it is based is in Monbulk, which is absolutely glorious, it's about 45 minutes from Melbourne.

I phoned the wife to tell her, but it wqas 07.30am so I got a fairly damp reaction. I don't care, i'm now just finishing my 6 pack to celebrate and I just need to share it with somebody else.

thanks for listening.
Congratulations! Sounds like you're all set then...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:18 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
Congratulations! Sounds like you're all set then...
thanxs

I wish it was that simple, but at least it means that I can get a foothold before I decide to start my own business or not.

It does give me a great feeling thats for sure.

where in Melbourne are you ?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

You're on a roll mate
Thats great, enjoy yer 6 pack

Whats next in your plan of attack?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

thanxs

I wish it was that simple, but at least it means that I can get a foothold before I decide to start my own business or not.

It does give me a great feeling thats for sure.

where in Melbourne are you ?
We're in Ivanhoe at the moment which is about 10k north east of the cbd. Been here a year now and we love it! When do you hope to make the big move?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:23 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by hilary6
You're on a roll mate
Thats great, enjoy yer 6 pack

Whats next in your plan of attack?
first of all my plan of attack is open the gin, because the 6 pack is empty

secondly send an email to the director of the company the guidelines for an ENV.

thirdly finish the gin, because when I get back to Holland, the shits gonna hit the fan with my boss
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:26 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe it.

thanks for listening.

Good stuff.............. buy a slab
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:26 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

if you are sponsored will you have to reapply for a different visa if you chose to open your business?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:31 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Pootle
We're in Ivanhoe at the moment which is about 10k north east of the cbd. Been here a year now and we love it! When do you hope to make the big move?
I am in Richmond (city centre) at the moment, and I really HATE it. It's a big city, traffic, hustle & bustle, noise. I've lived in Chelsea ,and also just off Harley street in London and loved, but i'm older and wiser now

It is possible that I could be here in August. My summer holidays are already booked and I am going away with my sister in law, good friends and possibly my parents as well, so that has priority. My wife would like to have one last xmas in Holland as well, but I would really like to be here tomorrow. It's a real dilemma.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Good Stuff
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:36 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by WendyC

Good Stuff
thanx honey.

I always thought you was more a night creature.

how tricks ?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanx honey.

I always thought you was more a night creature.

how tricks ?

I have no job now, so can spend all day here

Need to find a another buyer for the house The visa's burning a hole in my passport.

Hopefully won't take too long. The estate agents are putting our house in the paper again this week, they have splashed out on a double page full colour spread.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:40 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by seang
if you are sponsored will you have to reapply for a different visa if you chose to open your business?
not quite sure.

The thing that makes me prefer to go through this route, I can establish myself with a home, car etc etc etc, and then look at other avenues if I feel they can benefit me.

The only thing that does put me off my own business, is that the business I was intending to buy is open 7 days a week. That is not what I call an improvement in lifestyle. I now work 60/70 hours a week, so no probs, but I do that in 5 day.

At least I see the family.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:42 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by WendyC
they have splashed out on a double page full colour spread.
of you or the house
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

of you or the house

Hehe

Well if it'd help sell the house...............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.