I am Amazed

Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am Amazed

I used to live in one of the beautiful parts of the UK, adored it, absolutely adored it (heart of the Cotswolds, travel to work was 3 miles, traffic jam was coming across a tractor).

It wasn't practical to remain living there without marrying a banker and now I can't wait to get the hell out. There are beautiful parts of the Uk, no argument whatsover, but it the beauty doesn't unfortunately affect the politics, economics and general attitude that you have to live with in the UK.

I want out asap - I know that Aus isn't perfect, but I'll live with less perfect happily when its better than here!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Its not the england that i grow up in thats for sure ,people do not give a s_it
about it anymore. drop it on the floor and leave it someone eal else will pick it up.
Dont take it to the dump ,take it down a lane and dump it.

It is a shit hole and i can not wait to get out .

All the best timber and have a good trip home.

kev
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Hey Ste, nice to hear something from you.

Have to say that my trips back to the UK have always cured me of any homesickness, although I generally love the place when I get there, it soon wears off lol. Last trip back was for same reason as you and that was horrible.

Hope it goes as well as can be expected.

Gill
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillysm
Hey Ste, nice to hear something from you.

Have to say that my trips back to the UK have always cured me of any homesickness, although I generally love the place when I get there, it soon wears off lol. Last trip back was for same reason as you and that was horrible.

Hope it goes as well as can be expected.

Gill
Cheers Gill.

Yesterday was a lovely day, as we are catholic, well my side of my family anyway. My dad was received into the church , last night formally. And it was so comforting to hear the priest, talk about my dad in the way he did, not in the third person-winging it kind of way.

Funeral is today.. and Im sure it will bring closure to this, so your words and others who have sent me messages and responded in threads, i know come from the heart, with no moral gain.. but as equals, saying supporting and doing the right thing.

Thank you
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:31 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Sounds like me last year - only difference was the city of Sheffield
Having spent lots of time in Sheffield, it is now on my list of worst places to be, my knowledge only extends to the city centre though and areas surrounding the Ponds Forge centre.

Northumberland has some fantastic places and real breath taking scenery while being an area largely ignored by people in Britain.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:28 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Go on say what you really think

Just go for a good curry

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Gday Fellas.

Just a quickie, as its 4:30'ish here am !!

Why oh why do ppl miss the UK ? Why on earth would they get homesick from this craphole ?

Im in Uk at mo, In Coventry.. and I can tell you its bloody disgraceful !

My first and last visit back to this country, ever FACT... and in the 4 years I had been away, I had totally forgotten.. some of the reasons we moved in the first place...

That diluted memory is now a fully revitalised, 100 proof reality !!!

The place is a DUMP. From Heathrow, airport.. all the way upto and including Coventry.

I have never in my life seen anything like it.

Example.
Cov City Centre is like a scene from Romancing the Stone 2 meets Beirut ! I seriously have difficulties, finding any english speaking voices in the crowds of bloody foreigners.. its mental .

HSBC bank on Corporation street, is like a Morrocan Bazarr , with staff wandering around with notepads, and cheesy grins in amongst the dentention centre like crowds, hustling and bustling for attention, and not one speaking fluent or indeed pidgeon english.

This isnt a racist rant, whatsoever, but OMG whats happened to the UK ?

Really.. its pathetic, and any of you fellow poms in Oz, I cant wait to get back and see you guys, and those I havent met who post on here about missing the uk.. well lol.. your welcome to it... its officially a DUMP.

Those embarking on ther journey to the Antipodes, and having reservations etc.. just BLOODY DO IT. If your too tight to spend the money for a flight back to this dump ( UK ) - should you ever get homesick - then dont even consider Oz. Leave migration to ppl, who are at least over 50% sure of their move.

If however, you want a wonderful, vibrant, lifestlye.. then move to Australia !

I cannot comprehend how bad this place has gotten. I also think its just discgraceful, the litter rubbish.. dirtyness of it all. the lack of maintenance of ppls homes and gardens, the FRENETIC speeds ppl drive at , I have found disturbing... and the poor very poor service you get at shops, etc... The potholes everywhere in the roads, apparent taxes coming in on per/mile driving.. the congestion, the dreary im stuck in a BLACK AND WHITE movie feel of it all.. as everyone wears grey black or grey and black clothing.. the filthyness of everything, including the dirty air..

Its official, UK is a DUMP.

Signed:

Timber Floor Au ( add your name to the petition ) lol
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:30 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painter man
Gotta agree with ya timber Cov's getting sadder by the week,crappsville uk
hey mark don't bloody encourage him
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:43 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Sorry lee but having a bad day in crapsville
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

Cheers Gill.

Yesterday was a lovely day, as we are catholic, well my side of my family anyway. My dad was received into the church , last night formally. And it was so comforting to hear the priest, talk about my dad in the way he did, not in the third person-winging it kind of way.

Funeral is today.. and Im sure it will bring closure to this, so your words and others who have sent me messages and responded in threads, i know come from the heart, with no moral gain.. but as equals, saying supporting and doing the right thing.

Thank you
would like to say tim, have been to many requieum masses, close family
be strong and take the best from it
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:53 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry youn are hating Cov Timber but perhaps the reason you are there doesn't help your frame of mind any!

take care mate hope the funeral went off ok
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:57 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Timber I hope all went well today, and Dad is now finally at rest.

Love n hugs H xx
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
It wasn't practical to remain living there without marrying a banker and now I can't wait to get the hell out. There are beautiful parts of the Uk, no argument whatsover, but it the beauty doesn't unfortunately affect the politics, economics and general attitude that you have to live with in the UK.
Exactly. You can't eat views and they certainly don't pay the coucil tax.

And Timber, thoughts are with you and your family.

Last edited by spartacus; Mar 6th 2008 at 9:43 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers GUYS !

Appreciate all your comments and support, we have all been there or will at some time possibly be in a similar position, its not the nicest of times.

But we do have to soldier on. So just think on, if your old man or old dear are in Blighty, and you havent spoken to them for a while..

Give em a call, email, jot them a note or send them a txt mssg !

Its never too late , ...... until its too late !!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:58 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers GUYS !

Appreciate all your comments and support, we have all been there or will at some time possibly be in a similar position, its not the nicest of times.

But we do have to soldier on. So just think on, if your old man or old dear are in Blighty, and you havent spoken to them for a while..

Give em a call, email, jot them a note or send them a txt mssg !

Its never too late , ...... until its too late !!!!!

Lovely advice. Hope you are okay.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

As the saying goes "you'll be sent to Coventry" meaning if your bad, thats where you'll end up
So after reading this, it must be true.

But, I love UK, i like OZ, diff between love and like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.