Wikiposts

I always

Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:04 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I always

.... dismissed people on who who complained about their relatives when they came to visit about not helping out etc but now .................

I have my sister and BIL over - they are only here for 2 weeks and so I thought it could cope (which I can) but my god they are sailing close to the wind!

In the UK I NEVER go and visit her because her house is dirty and untidy and I would probably end up upsetting her which would not be nice. But my god their place must be a s**t hole.

They have been here 10 days and neither of them have lifted a finger - given me plenty of washing but not once have they offered to take it in and fold it - today I asked the BIL to get some towels out of the t.drier and he did but just left them on the couch in the family room all screwed up - lazy b, he could have at least folded them up.

When they finish eating they just put their plates on the side - not once have they put anything in the dishwasher or emptied it.

I have just sent them up into town so that I can do some cleaning and their toilet is disgusting

I know that I am a clean freak so do make some compensations for this but I can honestly say that I have never come across anyone quite so lazy.

There now that feels better!

Oh and one more thing - if I have to tell them once more so push their chairs in when they get down from the table, I am going to scream! (I know, I know - that is being too anal but hey that's me)

Last edited by Vanessa; Oct 27th 2007 at 1:07 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:10 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I always

Originally Posted by Vanessa
.... dismissed people on who who complained about their relatives when they came to visit about not helping out etc but now .................

I have my sister and BIL over - they are only here for 2 weeks and so I thought it could cope (which I can) but my god they are sailing close to the wind!

In the UK I NEVER go and visit her because her house is dirty and untidy and I would probably end up upsetting her which would not be nice. But my god their place must be a s**t hole.

They have been here 10 days and neither of them have lifted a finger - given me plenty of washing but not once have they offered to take it in and fold it - today I asked the BIL to get some towels out of the t.drier and he did but just left them on the couch in the family room all screwed up - lazy b, he could have at least folded them up.

When they finish eating they just put their plates on the side - not once have they put anything in the dishwasher or emptied it.

I have just sent them up into town so that I can do some cleaning and their toilet is disgusting

I know that I am a clean freak so do make some compensations for this but I can honestly say that I have never come across anyone quite so lazy.

Oh and one more thing - if I have to tell them once more so push their chairs in when they get down from the table, I am going to scream! (I know, I know - that is being too anal but hey that's me)
Do what I did and put them on a plane to Rockhampton. Worked for me. They come back on Monday and then they're off the NZ for two whole weeks.

I think you need to have a little word in their shell likes. Something along the lines of 'This is not a hotel so I've created this little rota for you both to do some jobs. It's here on the fridge and if you can look at it each morning whilst you're messing up the kitchen...'

Smile sweetly and then go get something nice done for yourself, like have a massage.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:20 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Do what I did and put them on a plane to Rockhampton. Worked for me. They come back on Monday and then they're off the NZ for two whole weeks.

I think you need to have a little word in their shell likes. Something along the lines of 'This is not a hotel so I've created this little rota for you both to do some jobs. It's here on the fridge and if you can look at it each morning whilst you're messing up the kitchen...'

Smile sweetly and then go get something nice done for yourself, like have a massage.
If only I could - I was thinking about sending them to Sydney for a few days but they go on Thursday and they have very little money.

Rota would be a good idea if they actually knew how to clean but I think that I would probably just have to go over it again.

Love her to bits and I always knew she was messy so I think I will just have to vent on here - if that's ok with you lot?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:51 pm

If only I could - I was thinking about sending them to Sydney for a few days but they go on Thursday and they have very little money.

Rota would be a good idea if they actually knew how to clean but I think that I would probably just have to go over it again.

Love her to bits and I always knew she was messy so I think I will just have to vent on here - if that's ok with you lot?
Not a problem.

Common courtesy seems to be lacking in a lot of house guests. My worst experience has been when my parents have 'cooked a meal'... which to them is a full on day of cooking, which is fine, but then the kitchen seems to take two days to clean up.

It is hard dealing with other pepople's standards, or lack thereof.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a beer or twenty and wait til they've gone home - then fumigate your house.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
Have a beer or twenty and wait til they've gone home - then fumigate your house.
My alcohol consumption definitely went up a notch when they were here...
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Be glad you have people who will/are able to visit you. My father is dying of cancer and my mother won't leave him alone. Nor will she travel 30+ hours by herself after he's gone. My siblings also will never visit as my sister who's lived in Qld for 23 years can verify.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Be glad you have people who will/are able to visit you. My father is dying of cancer and my mother won't leave him alone. Nor will she travel 30+ hours by herself after he's gone. My siblings also will never visit as my sister who's lived in Qld for 23 years can verify.
My dad would never have visited, and he's passed away now so i can't even visit him, and I don't think my mum will ever come. Sister and family were here for three weeks this year, and I was so glad to see them that I kept offering to do stuff for them - felt reallt guilty for stuff like them getting their kids to do the washing up.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

The shoe was on the other foot for me, i actually dumped myself and my kids on my parents doorstep (and my sisters) back in the UK.
They put us up, but it was a tight squeeze. I forgot how small houses are in UK

But to be honest it was the contrary for me, i was always cleaning their houses as i felt useless not doing anything. I cooked meals, washed up, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed. It was my way of saying thankyou.
I even went to the launderette instead of using their washing machine as there are 5 of us and couldn't be bothered with waiting for their stuff to wash.
It makes the stay a whole lot easier if everyone mucks in. I do feel so sorry for people when i see them doing everything when they have the rellies over.
It just makes the whole experience abit depressing.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

maybe they just think...'we're on holiday'
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:17 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We have the opposite pronblem with my parents. I wake up in the morning and find dad outside cleaning the windows or washing the car. Mum wants to take over the kitchen. It may sound nice but believe me it is not.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:04 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time I actually feel pleased that I am an only child.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

I can sympathise with you, my brother in law is like that, he is a lazy s**t, when we were in Oz in May, brother in law and his family were on holiday at the same time, we made sure we didnt really match up with them because we knew it would be a nightmare, but we had 4 days with them in Sydney, they stayed with his aunt and we stayed with a cousin. His brother was in Oz for 6 weeks and spent practically 5 on them lying around his aunts house in the sofa eating ice cream and McDonalds What a waste
I have hubby well warned when they come to visit us if he trys to do that in my house I am kicking him out.
I could tell you more stories but I would be here all night

Gill
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:51 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killamarsh
For the first time I actually feel pleased that I am an only child.
I suddenly had a impulse to clean the house

but after i finish my big mac