British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Hubby's boss is a w***** (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/hubbys-boss-w%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-535153/)

badassbrickie May 8th 2008 11:49 am

Hubby's boss is a w*****

We had booked and paid for camping this weekend (seeing as we finally have a bit of sun!). Had to bend over backwards to get kids dads to let us take them, and kids are really excited.:thumbup:

THEN....

Hubby rings to say his boss is panicking because the store he is building is behind 6 weeks, and he will have to work until 6 weekdays and then work saturdays as well. has offered him no incentive, and he will be working on price. :thumbdown:

when he told his boss he was going on holiday he pulled his face and said he'd dropped him in it..he' only going to be off for 4 days, and it's not like he gets any holiday pay:curse:

bearing in mind that this is same boss who insists on closing the site down at 12.30pm every friday!

Hubby feels like he has to do it to be put onto a £2.5m job which will give him work for at least 11 months, after this current one is completed.

Hubbys gang work their arses off often laying well over 1400 bricks a day between them while the companies 'day work' gang lay a measly 300 bricks a day between them. they should concentrate on getting them to pull their socks up instead.

so now kids are disapointed and wont see hubby hardly now :curse:

but with current building situation, not much he can do about it.

Nu-Shooz May 8th 2008 11:52 am

Re: Hubby's boss is a w*****

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 6322960)
We had booked and paid for camping this weekend (seeing as we finally have a bit of sun!). Had to bend over backwards to get kids dads to let us take them, and kids are really excited.:thumbup:

THEN....

Hubby rings to say his boss is panicking because the store he is building is behind 6 weeks, and he will have to work until 6 weekdays and then work saturdays as well. has offered him no incentive, and he will be working on price. :thumbdown:

when he told his boss he was going on holiday he pulled his face and said he'd dropped him in it..he' only going to be off for 4 days, and it's not like he gets any holiday pay:curse:

bearing in mind that this is same boss who insists on closing the site down at 12.30pm every friday!

Hubby feels like he has to do it to be put onto a £2.5m job which will give him work for at least 11 months, after this current one is completed.

Hubbys gang work their arses off often laying well over 1400 bricks a day between them while the companies 'day work' gang lay a measly 300 bricks a day between them. they should concentrate on getting them to pull their socks up instead.

Why don't you take them?

badassbrickie May 8th 2008 11:54 am

we only have one car. and it's two hours drive each way, and £40 in fuel, camping was supposed to be a cheap do, as we have main holiday in a few weeks.

Nu-Shooz May 8th 2008 11:57 am

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 6322984)
we only have one car. and it's two hours drive each way, and £40 in fuel, camping was supposed to be a cheap do, as we have main holiday in a few weeks.

I hate camping. More hassle than what it's worth, book me into a hotel anyday:)

So where you going on your main holiday then?

badassbrickie May 8th 2008 12:11 pm

Florida, kid love it there. It may be our last time there for a while if visas come through.

MartinH May 8th 2008 12:13 pm

why is it six weeks behind in the first place?

badassbrickie May 8th 2008 12:16 pm

his boss thinks you can build a superstore with about 7 brickies, and cuts job off at 3.30pm mon-thu and 12.30 fri.

panicking now tho because they will be getting fined if it goes over.

eddie007 May 9th 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 6323051)
Florida, kid love it there. It may be our last time there for a while if visas come through.

focus on florida

it'll probably rain anyway

asher May 9th 2008 10:48 am

so sorry you will miss your camping, your husband's boss sounds a real idiot. Have a great time with the kids, I too hate camping after many camping holidays with my children most of which were disastrous!!:lol:

thewoodz May 9th 2008 10:51 am

ooooooooo i lurve camping - just had a long weekend at tamborine mountain, qld - absolutely brill! if u like camping in Uk you'll love it over here
and yes your hubby's boss is a .................

aston man May 9th 2008 1:23 pm

trouble is when your the jaffa you rely on people,

i had to ask a bloke not come to work pissed in the morning,i felt horrible but lifes one big goddamn bitch...:(:(:(

suart May 9th 2008 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 6322960)

THEN....

So sorry to hear thats the kids will be missing out, why do you put the tent in the garden let them sleep out side if they are old enough, they will have loads of fun. get the barbie out and make it a little special for them at home instead, just a thought anyway.:D

nickyjohnt May 9th 2008 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 6328668)
trouble is when your the jaffa you rely on people,

i had to ask a bloke not come to work pissed in the morning,i felt horrible but lifes one big goddamn bitch...:(:(:(

I know how you feel 2 of our young lads came to work totally out of it (pilled up) sent them home yesterday I bet they come in tomorrow and get double time and think they have done nothing wrong. They really take the piss:curse:

badassbrickie May 12th 2008 7:44 am

well hubby told his boss where to go (as did everyone else!). and camping was a brill, car thermo said it was 30 degrees! and we didnt get eaten alive either!

know what you mean about nogies on site, the stories my hubby comes home with are priceless:thumbsup:

Babycatcher May 12th 2008 8:25 am

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 6338627)
well hubby told his boss where to go (as did everyone else!). and camping was a brill, car thermo said it was 30 degrees! and we didnt get eaten alive either!

know what you mean about nogies on site, the stories my hubby comes home with are priceless:thumbsup:

GOOD for you!!! We dont get many lovely sunny days so I am glad that you made the most of it :) p.s. this is probably the summer guys QUICK get out the shorts!