Hubbies away

Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hubbies away

Oh my god, until they are away you don't realise how much you miss them. Men that is,

Hubby is away until next Tuesday and I want him home NOW !!!!!

Sunshine23
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hubbies away

You'll get used to it. I used to miss mine when he was away too, but now I'm always asking when he's going again. Love having the bed all to myself and being able to feed the kids "breakfast for dinner".
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:37 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You'll get used to it. I used to miss mine when he was away too, but now I'm always asking when he's going again. Love having the bed all to myself and being able to feed the kids "breakfast for dinner".
lol, I remember when I used to sit and pine for my hubby! Now I panic when he's coming home cos he drives me nuts!!!! I do miss him though, until he comes and turns out 'routine' on its head!

Nic
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:11 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Oh my god, until they are away you don't realise how much you miss them. Men that is,

Sunshine23
Hi G,
God, i wish mine was away!! lol
I love being in on my own with the girls and having a bed all to myself
J x
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:58 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

My husband doesn't get the whole breakfast for dinner thing either.

I'd love to have pancakes for dinner sometimes but he looks at me like I've got two heads!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:00 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

When my husbands away I finally get to make some of the things that I like to eat and he doesn't. Like spaghetti, pizza, stir fry, or basically anything interesting other than meat and potatoes.

So yah, I do enjoy a little bit of me time!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:56 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
My husband doesn't get the whole breakfast for dinner thing either.

I'd love to have pancakes for dinner sometimes but he looks at me like I've got two heads!
Do you remember the egg campaign a few years ago where they where the egg board was advertising "breakfast for dinner"? Ron couldn't understand why anyone would want bacon & eggs or pancakes for dinner, but I love it. Do you also remember the really wrinkly guy who used to do the ads for eggs?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:23 am
Canuck/Aussie

Do you remember the egg campaign a few years ago where they where the egg board was advertising "breakfast for dinner"? Ron couldn't understand why anyone would want bacon & eggs or pancakes for dinner, but I love it. Do you also remember the really wrinkly guy who used to do the ads for eggs?
Yep, I do. I remember saying to my husband "see other people have eggs for dinner!" He didn't believe me, he thought the advertising people were just trying to start something. I could eat pretty much any breakfast item for dinner. But I don't think I could eat dinner stuff at breafast! I think I vaguely remember the wrinkly guy.

This reminds me I have this ongoing debate with my inlaws (they're farmers). They insist on calling lunch "dinner" and they call dinner "super". I've never heard of anyone calling lunch "dinner", it's very confusing when we're at they're place!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Hubbies away

hi
originally from scotland and we always called lunch -dinner also dinner was called tea,actually i still call it that and so do my grown up daughters.they still serve high tea which is served before 5pm and of course afternoon tea .
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

this is a yorkshire thing too ... lunch is dinner ..... and so were school dinners.

Main meal of the day was around 5pm and called tea ....... a late meal was supper.

My kids get confused sometimes when I take them back and my mum asks them what they want for tea.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:29 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

back to original topic - I too have an OH who travels a lot. I used to be upset when he left and preferred it when he left in the middle of the night or early morning when I was still sleeping and didn't see him leave.

Now it doesn't matter what time he leaves as it doesn't bother me anymore. I like a week to myself and do loads of stuff whilst he is gone and the kids are in bed ........... though I admit this often happens to be sitting on the phone to someone in the UK with a bottle of wine by my side - lol !

If he's gone longer than a week then it gets a bit boring - especially the weekends.

The only times it really bothers me is if I am feeling poorly or ill ........ then it's a pain as you know that you can't send the kids to Daddy but have to get up and do everything by yourself - no matter how under the weather you are feeling !
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:35 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine23

Sunshine23
Mine worked away on and off for about 10 years... We;ve been travelling together for 9 months and I hope his work doesnt take him away again.. I much prefer having him around even if he drives me up the wall!

Em x
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:42 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
hi
originally from scotland and we always called lunch -dinner also dinner was called tea,actually i still call it that and so do my grown up daughters.they still serve high tea which is served before 5pm and of course afternoon tea .
Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
this is a yorkshire thing too ... lunch is dinner ..... and so were school dinners.
Thanks for that! Maybe the mother in law isn't crazy after all . Just kidding, she's a great lady I just never understood the whole calling lunch dinner thing!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:32 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by emelems
Mine worked away on and off for about 10 years... We;ve been travelling together for 9 months and I hope his work doesnt take him away again.. I much prefer having him around even if he drives me up the wall!

Em x
Ah, that's nice, Em. If I'm completely honest I like having mine around too.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

My oh has just returned to working off shore after a break of 5 years and god am I finding it hard going at times. I could and do cope with him being away but right now I am just finding it hard going being on my own with the kids in a new Country.

The kids have had there moments and I have to just grin and bear it, I have lost count of the times that I have threatened to tell their dad how naughty or cheeky they have been but I guess we all do this when the oh is not around.

Mind you after he has been back a few weeks, I look forward to him going away, having the bed to myself and not having to listen to his snoring......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.