Wikiposts

How's it going?

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

MartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to all
Default How's it going?

We're off in 26 days, boxes gone for shipping and we've found that things did get forgotten in the rush, but not the end of the world and we can do without them. Since then we seem to be in limbo, just dithering around attempting to tie up loose ends. Sold most of our furniture to family & friends which means we can keep it til last weekend, but just wait this will be complete panic combined with sorting out stuff we're bound to have forgotten til the last minute.

How's it going for you guys?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:00 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How's it going?

Originally Posted by MartUK
We're off in 26 days, boxes gone for shipping and we've found that things did get forgotten in the rush, but not the end of the world and we can do without them. Since then we seem to be in limbo, just dithering around attempting to tie up loose ends. Sold most of our furniture to family & friends which means we can keep it til last weekend, but just wait this will be complete panic combined with sorting out stuff we're bound to have forgotten til the last minute.

How's it going for you guys?
Hi we are still trying to sell the house, sounds like you've been very busy good luck with the move. Where are you off to?

ah scrap that end bit I can see your off to Brisbane
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi we are still trying to sell the house, sounds like you've been very busy good luck with the move. Where are you off to?

ah scrap that end bit I can see your off to Brisbane
Where are you off to possoms?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
Where are you off to possoms?
The estate agents
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
The estate agents
lol u never miss a chance do you?!
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

lol u never miss a chance do you?!
I do my best
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
I do my best
lol well do you no were possoms is moving to? and i dont want a smart-arsed answer!
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

lol well do you no were possoms is moving to? and i dont want a smart-arsed answer!
Tasmania
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by WendyC
Tasmania
Smart-arse

Yep, she is destined for Tassie.

Bloody marvelous, they won't let guinea pigs in
Old May 4th 2006, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Smart-arse

Yep, she is destined for Tassie.

Bloody marvelous, they won't let guinea pigs in
Aye Irish Teen off to Tas

Bix what do you mean they wont let guinea pigs in?? are they banned I love guinea pigs
Old May 4th 2006, 12:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Actually, I got that wrong. ABCD has GPs so they must be okay.
It must be 'amsters I was thing about.

Found the thread..........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=guinea+pigs
Old May 4th 2006, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Actually, I got that wrong. ABCD has GPs so they must be okay.
It must be 'amsters I was thing about.

Found the thread..........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=guinea+pigs
mmm seems your right, I have just been reading the hamster liberation front and found a reply from Dr Hamster as to why:

http://www.hamsterliberationfront.com/doctor.htm

Hello, my name is Arthur.

I have never seen a hamster in Australia. By any chance at all would anyone know why that is or if there is a way of importing one???

Yours sincerely,

Arthur Wasiak

Dear Arthur:

Once upon a time, many years ago, great hamster herds roamed the wilds of Australia and they lived in peace and harmony with the environment. There are even legends of the Great White Rodent that lived for centuries; the aboriginal peoples tell of the mystical good luck that it granted upon those who encountered it in the outback. Alas, those great herds were hunted out by the "settlers," particularly those who arrived in the mid-1840's, and only but a few hundred remain--those who come from stock that was clever and resourceful enough to hunt singly at night and stay well away from human habitations.

The reason why you do not see them for sale in Australia is because of that infamous secret document, the Sidney Treaty of 1982. In an attempt to corner the market on iconism in your fair country, the Kangaroo and Crocodile Coalition instigated the above-mentioned treaty to specifically exclude our rodential friends from importation. Even if you found some hamsters who were willing to make the long trek across the ocean, it is unlikely they would also be willing to face the bounty that the treaty puts on their skins.

Nevertheless, we are working on the situation. Even now, several Hamster Liberation Front strike teams are scouring the outback, searching for the lost tribes. We'll keep the world updated on their progress through our site.

Thank you for your interest. May Che Hamstera always find you a willing ally in the ongoing battle to free all of our oppressed rodential friends.

Sincerely,

Dr. Hamster

Last edited by possoms; May 4th 2006 at 1:08 am.