Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:05 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

Hi all,

I'm already fed up with Channel 10's crap Commonwealth Games coverage, as I actually want to see some action, rather than the inside of a tv studio with Mel and Thorpey, or Aussies cycling and swimming.

Can anyone recommend a good streaming site? I can't get BBC iplayer as it won't allow me to view, what with me being based in Australia and all that (for some annoying reason).

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the hockey, badminton, squash, weightlifting etc

Cheers
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
Hi all,

I'm already fed up with Channel 10's crap Commonwealth Games coverage, as I actually want to see some action, rather than the inside of a tv studio with Mel and Thorpey, or Aussies cycling and swimming.

Can anyone recommend a good streaming site? I can't get BBC iplayer as it won't allow me to view, what with me being based in Australia and all that (for some annoying reason).

Cheers
There's a firefox add-on called Media Hint - been mentioned on here before, it allows you to view iplayer over here, that might help.
I know what you mean abiut the Aussie coverage, we have it on the screen at work and the amount of actual sport is woeful! Had to turn the commentary off last night too, it was shocking, full of comments like "And now to a medal ceremony, where we will see people getting medals" and "if this was a different day with different people, it would be a different race...."

Finally started your book by the way - looks like being an entertaining read!

https://mediahint.com/
Old Jul 25th 2014, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You actually want to watch the Commonwealth games? Why?
Old Jul 25th 2014, 1:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You actually want to watch the Commonwealth games? Why?
Love of sport?

Stuck on a 12 hour night shift??
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
Hi all,

Cheers
BBC iPlayer is so easy to get in Australia

Plenty of info on here and other websites
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There's a firefox add-on called Media Hint - been mentioned on here before, it allows you to view iplayer over here, that might help.
I know what you mean abiut the Aussie coverage, we have it on the screen at work and the amount of actual sport is woeful! Had to turn the commentary off last night too, it was shocking, full of comments like "And now to a medal ceremony, where we will see people getting medals" and "if this was a different day with different people, it would be a different race...."

Finally started your book by the way - looks like being an entertaining read!

https://mediahint.com/
It's not much better on the BBC

Boring as
Old Jul 26th 2014, 12:05 am

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

Ok will have a look at those suggestions later, thanks.

Yes, I like the Commonwealth Games - still lots of good sport to watch. It's not the football World Cup or The Olympics, but then it doesn't pretend to be.

I like to watch a few of the smaller sports as well.

Glad you like the look ofmy book Pollyanna - thanks for buying it!
Old Jul 26th 2014, 3:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

watching on one here but just want to say who designed the aussie cyclists kit - looks like a dress making pattern with an embarrassing moist patch - WTF?
Attached Thumbnails Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?-aussie-cyclists.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2014, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
watching on one here but just want to say who designed the aussie cyclists kit - looks like a dress making pattern with an embarrassing moist patch - WTF?
You cant help but look.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The English cyclists aren't seeing the offending patches from behind though.

Main BBC coverage is .... English cyclists and swimmers .... lets have an interview with the English bronze medallist, lets see so and so get the silver in the ceremony.

Anchorman for the main evening sessions Gary Lineker, here's some opinion on that:

Scotland is the host nation for the Commonwealth games this year. But you wouldnt know on the BBC. Union Flags, Gary Lineker -bizarre

Gary Lineker is presenting the Commonwealth Games. He's no Scottish. I am outraged and furious at BBC bias. This was Westminster. Vote Yes.

Get that prick Lineker off my Country's Commonwealth Games. Are there no Scottish presenters ?

Why is Gary Lineker even going this programme??

Surely one of the only sounds more annoying than bagpipes is Ken Bruce, or Gary Lineker's agent saying "he'll do it

Gary Lineker again? Does the #BBC have no other sport presenters? No women? I'm World Cupped out with Gary.

I assume Gary Bloody Lineker has mislaid his research notes, apart from one page headed The Commonwealth Games: The Friendly Games - or not?

Wish Gary Lineker took more holidays, bored us silly in the World Cup now little over a week later he pops up for the Commonwealth Games

Did Gary Lineker just say "Guernsey and Jeurnsey

Gary Lineker unveils new Commonwealth island of 'Jernsey'
Old Aug 1st 2014, 5:01 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Not many aussies watching the CGs now team England have it in the bag!!

Shame because the aussies wanted it sooooo bad

cue whinging about population size.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA

I only saw it on TV last night for the first time. I haven't seen it on before. I switched over and saw some wheelchair stuff. No disrespect to them, but I didn't last long. Back on to the DVD box set of Breaking Bad.

Now for the real sport. Waratahs on tomorrow night.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:26 am

Spot on TGA! That's exactly what they're going on about at work! Ha ha ha
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA

Not medals per head, how about pointing out the £8.77 bn investment for 2012 and the billions invested in 2014 along with the Lottery funding for athletes. It was bound to pay some dividends surely? Sir Chris Hoy pointed out how many cycling medals are purely down to the legacy of the Manchester velodrome for example.

Seriously, well done Home Nations. Scotland has actually punched above it's weight more than any other nation.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA

England are doing good! Makes a change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.