Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

Old Aug 3rd 2014, 7:25 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howdo I watch the Commonwealth Games online?

You'll be OK in 4 years as they are 'down under', Gold Coast to be precise, so no problmes there see them, or at a decent time. for you.
Still England are uncatchable at the top of the medal table of golds won.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
It's just easier to call him a cretin then.

It's funny how most Aussies I know have stopped watching the games ever since we overtook them in the medal table! Hee hee
Your right mate that's a more appropriate name for him
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
It's just easier to call him a cretin then.

It's fusee enny how most Aussies I know have stopped watching the games ever since we overtook them in the medal table! Hee hee
I think most aussies stopped watching the games before it began. It was barely on TV.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 2:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I think most aussies stopped watching the games before it began. It was barely on TV.
You haven't made a post on here for a few hours telling us how Australians aren't really interested.

Perhaps people will start to think that they really do care
Old Aug 4th 2014, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You haven't made a post on here for a few hours telling us how Australians aren't really interested.

Perhaps people will start to think that they really do care
Isn't that what I just said ...... Did an Aussie destroy you in the past? ..... You've got lots of issues around it.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 3:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that what I just said ...... Did an Aussie destroy you in the past? ..... You've got lots of issues around it.
You really are rattled aren't you?

It is just sport.....get over it.....the Australian government can simply increase the usual subsidies to sport and thing might get better in time
Old Aug 4th 2014, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You really are rattled aren't you?

It is just sport.....get over it.....the Australian government can simply increase the usual subsidies to sport and thing might get better in time
Hey we agree on that. Wouldn't waste my time on the Comm games though.

So who did that job on you?
Old Aug 4th 2014, 3:27 am
Bitter and twisted

So who did that job on you?
That is a bit of a desperate ploy isn't it

You are not very good at this are you
Old Aug 4th 2014, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is a bit of a desperate ploy isn't it

You are not very good at this are you
Deflection ...... you laid all your bitterness out then closed up shop ..... Come on let it pour out.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Deflection ...... you laid all your bitterness out then closed up shop ..... Come on let it pour out.
Seems like you are the one who needs catharsis

What did the Brits do to you?....or is it simply Aussie touchiness?
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Do you reckon England will do it next time around as well, or is this one of those one in 30 year phenomenon.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Do you reckon England will do it next time around as well, or is this one of those one in 30 year phenomenon.
Not once in 30 years.....look at the last Olympic results

If the Scottish medals had been added to the English in these games then the differences would have been even greater.......a pointer to the next Olympics
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Seems like you are the one who needs catharsis

What did the Brits do to you?....or is it simply Aussie touchiness?
I am British. I just don't support them when it comes to sport. I guess it started with football supporters, that unsavory, shallow bunch. I just couldn't understand the aggressive, nastiness of it all and the bandwagon approach to winning and losing - you know how it works, you were there and very quiet during the Ashes, then proceed to jump up and down over the Comm games. Fair play - if the Comm Games mean a lot to you then your call. Now that I've been honest as to why I support Australia, do the decent thing and tell us why Australia dented you so badly?
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:45 am
Bitter and twisted

I am British. I just don't support them when it comes to sport. I guess it started with football supporters, that unsavory, shallow bunch. I just couldn't understand the aggressive, nastiness of it all and the bandwagon approach to winning and losing - you know how it works, you were there and very quiet during the Ashes, then proceed to jump up and down over the Comm games. Fair play - if the Comm Games mean a lot to you then your call. Now that I've been honest as to why I support Australia, do the decent thing and tell us why Australia dented you so badly?
Sport does not mean much to me at all....never really has since I left England ( apart from my enthusiasm for horse racing)?...I like to wind Aussies up over it though

Australia has not dented me but I dislike the myopia and the childishness over things such as sport.

The toys seem to come out of the pram as soon as any criticism is made or perceived

There was a discussion on the radio this morning about the first world war....one of the participants ( an Australian writer and hstorian and ex military) made the suggestion that the Australian contribution to WW1 was not as great as made out.....the presenter and other 'experts' were gobsmacked that someone could have that point of view.

I find the attitude of 'Uncle Poms' even worse.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Sport does not mean much to me at all....never really has since I left England ( apart from my enthusiasm for horse racing)?...I like to wind Aussies up over it though

Australia has not dented me but I dislike the myopia and the childishness over things such as sport.

The toys seem to come out of the pram as soon as any criticism is made or perceived

There was a discussion on the radio this morning about the first world war....one of the participants ( an Australian writer and hstorian and ex military) made the suggestion that the Australian contribution to WW1 was not as great as made out.....the presenter and other 'experts' were gobsmacked that someone could have that point of view.
This revisionism of WW1 is all over the place. In fact revisionism has been a hot topic for years. There have been great articles about it in the broadsheet Australian press. I don't seem to see these articles referenced on BE - in general the broadsheet press is ignored on this forum - I have never worked out why. In time, people realise there is another point of view over established history. There was a lot of revisionism in the 60s for example. We don't need to be childish about it. Plenty of Brits like to throw the first insults and fall back on cliches. I'm more over that than the tabloid media.

The gobsmacked is just a mainstream view. Brits also forget that the Western front in WW2 was nothing compared to the E front...we can all pick our history and take usual themes from them. Arguably, the Brits were not as important as the Yanks in both WWs. I think Australians will get this history - they can still elect to attach importance to it. There is a difference between importance/contribution and what it meant to the average person at the time.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Aug 4th 2014 at 5:22 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.