Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How Is Your House Sale Going - Part Vii

View Poll Results: How's your house sale going?
No offers yet
31.58%
Rejected an offer (stingy gits!)
3.95%
Accepted an offer (yipee!)
38.16%
Reduced price
5.26%
Sold House and are on our way
18.42%
Not sold, going anyway
0%
Buyer dropped out
2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

How Is Your House Sale Going - Part Vii

Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:09 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Is Your House Sale Going - Part Vii

our house has been up with one agent for about six weeks and we've only had two people round and one of those hadn't sold there house we put it up with a second agent a month ago and they still haven't done the write up on the house,they haven't got a board up and it's not on there website SO HOW THE F*** ARE THEY GOING TO SELL IT. I've been in three time to find out what there playing at,on Thursday i went in and the women thats dealing with it wasn't there and this poor bloke asked if he could help instead i nearly felt sorry for the lying lazy bastard by the time I'd finished with him.i'm off work on Monday and i will be back at 8.30am when they open up
and if you live in the Manchester area don't put your house up with Edward mellor estate agents,this is our fifth house in fifteen years so were no mugs when it comes to buying and selling and i can honestly say that Edward mellors have treated us absolute shagging terrible.they won't know whats frigging hit them on Monday
Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
our house has been up with one agent for about six weeks and we've only had two people round and one of those hadn't sold there house we put it up with a second agent a month ago and they still haven't done the write up on the house,they haven't got a board up and it's not on there website SO HOW THE F*** ARE THEY GOING TO SELL IT. I've been in three time to find out what there playing at,on Thursday i went in and the women thats dealing with it wasn't there and this poor bloke asked if he could help instead i nearly felt sorry for the lying lazy bastard by the time I'd finished with him.i'm off work on Monday and i will be back at 8.30am when they open up
and if you live in the Manchester area don't put your house up with Edward mellor estate agents,this is our fifth house in fifteen years so were no mugs when it comes to buying and selling and i can honestly say that Edward mellors have treated us absolute shagging terrible.they won't know whats frigging hit them on Monday
and if your in Essex, don't use Saxons. We put house on market with them in March - sent round waste of space peeps and then one of their own peeps pretending to be a viewer Took house off market with them in Nov and got Bysh agents in - it was sold within 3 weeks!!!!! Oh and to top it all, Saxons then gave us threatening phonecalls saying that no estate agent sells a property within 3 weeks and it must have been a buyer that they introduced! They wanted a share of the commision or something! Sent hubby round to sort them out - all quiet after that! Oh but they STILL have our house on rightmove! Its been on there over a year.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

whats a viewer.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 weeks and nothing...no viewers, no phone calls..no EA!!!! theyre sacked as from tomorrow...just writing letter now...
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:40 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

How's everyone getting on?

I think we may be close to signing/exchanging contracts (at last) What a carry on the whole thing has been!

Bl**dy solicitors are useless!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:54 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

I think we may be close to signing/exchanging contracts (at last) What a carry on the whole thing has been!

We are still sitting here with our buyer readyto go, 3 weeks ago their buyer pulled out just as we were due to exchange BAST**DS

They put their house back on market and sold within 2 days (woohooo)

Searches and survey been done, new buyers want to push it through by 18th Aug, which is fine with us as we just want to book flights and go on the 30th!!!

Gonna phone solicitor at a more reasonable hour!!!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:07 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

We finally exchanged a few weeks ago, flights are booked for 1st October

This was despite our solicitors being useless so there is hope for you

Good Luck!

Martyn
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We've just accepted an asking price offer on our UK house.

Shame we won't be able to affort a house in Perth but at least we'll get a load of interest on the cash in the bank.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

Exhchanged on 27th, completing on 16th, shippers in on 14/15th and we fly out on 29th yippeeeeee!

House originally went on the market 23rd Feb, but didn't find a buyer until 22nd May.

Sara
Old Aug 4th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Mines just gone back on the market this week. I'm not leaving until next Summer now but I hope to sell and rent somewhere till we're ready to go.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

Oh gosh, put house on sale a week ago and im so nervous its gonna take too long. We are desperate to leave the country. Its just dragging on and on!!!

Has anyone used JUMP estate agents??? are they any good???? Would love to hear from any one who knows
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give me a rough idea how long it all takes from accepting an offer right through until completion. We sold our house 3 weeks ago but still no visa, we have decided to frontload our meds and pc. Meds booked in for this Tuesday. Hoping to get our visa's before completion of the house. So we can go straight away.

Stacey xx
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:58 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Can anyone give me a rough idea how long it all takes from accepting an offer right through until completion. We sold our house 3 weeks ago but still no visa, we have decided to frontload our meds and pc. Meds booked in for this Tuesday. Hoping to get our visa's before completion of the house. So we can go straight away.

Stacey xx
We are hopefully exchanging next week, and it has took about 11 weeks, and she is a first time buyer.

It depends on a lot of things though. if you have a chain of people etc. So really, it's more like 'How long's a peice of string'
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

We are hopefully exchanging next week, and it has took about 11 weeks, and she is a first time buyer.

It depends on a lot of things though. if you have a chain of people etc. So really, it's more like 'How long's a peice of string'
There's 3 of us in the chain, we have had no request yet for a survey on the house. Never thought i 'd say this but i hope it takes it's time, well at least until we get our visa's. Then it can go! go! go!!!!!!!

Stacey xx
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:55 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan

Stacey xx

We sold 16th April, still got our buyers but see prev post for our problem!!

Hopefully by the 20th we'll have completed!!!!! fingers crossed, but as mentioned already, how long is a peice of string!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:19 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Tri-Puss

still nowt happening in our neck of the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.