Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How are you finding the UK housing market at the moment.

How are you finding the UK housing market at the moment.

Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How are you finding the UK housing market at the moment.

Originally Posted by Up To Late
The local BBC news reported 2 days ago that house prices have dropped for the last 3 consecutive months in our area.

Guess they have risen as an average across the country.

To be honest, the more upbeat stories in the press the better, the media are responsible for exasperating all the housing crashes of the past. I wish they'd just not speculate so much. It panics people and then the market suffers.

I tell everyone that the market is improving in the hope the word spreads.

Bloomin spell check, just noticed it changed exascerbating into exasperating!!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:54 pm
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough

Come on guys and girls get real, its only a bloody house.

I wish i could afford one.

If you were trying to sell your legs or kidneys i would feel sorrow for you, but for f@ck sake, a house, with a value set by who, oh yes those people who studied for three years, gained a degree in complete greed and bullsh!t?

Estate Agents = Bsc(Hon's) in Greed and Bullsh!t
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

johnwilkinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems really slow in London. All areas except chelsea down a few percentage points from last month apparantly.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

martin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nice

Read an article today in the Sport that there is going to be a massive recession with house prices dropping 50% around the U.K and 85% in London and the South East especially around the Gatwick area where I live.
On top of that the exchange rate is going tits up and we are all going to Oz with f--k all. I'm taking all the money from my house sale and buying Northern Rock shares as that is the only safe bet at the moment. I recommend renting your house out to your local council as they have loads of waiting tenants coming over from Iraq and Somalia and the social pays their rent so the payments are as safe as houses!
Good luck everyone cos we are going to f--king need it. can the last one leaving Britain turn the lights out because we need to preserve the ozone layer, save the planet and all be vegetarians eating berries and nuts and looking really ill.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:31 am
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by martin36-1
Read an article today in the Sport that there is going to be a massive recession with house prices dropping 50% around the U.K and 85% in London and the South East especially around the Gatwick area where I live.
On top of that the exchange rate is going tits up and we are all going to Oz with f--k all. I'm taking all the money from my house sale and buying Northern Rock shares as that is the only safe bet at the moment. I recommend renting your house out to your local council as they have loads of waiting tenants coming over from Iraq and Somalia and the social pays their rent so the payments are as safe as houses!
Good luck everyone cos we are going to f--king need it. can the last one leaving Britain turn the lights out because we need to preserve the ozone layer, save the planet and all be vegetarians eating berries and nuts and looking really ill.

Read a similar article in the Beano or was it Birds on Bikes, you have been very stupid, you do realise; you could find yourself in trouble. As I am guessing only, but the majority of information outlined in your post above, has been taken, I would say stolen, from this very article in the Beano. You do realise you should quote the paper and the author, otherwise you could be taken to court for plagiarism?

Nearly wet myself this morning when i read it???

Last edited by Nursebank; Sep 28th 2007 at 6:36 am.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:36 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Why is it slow??? obviously everything is so over-priced. No-one can afford to buy, it's as simple as that. Drop the prices and things should move. Not sure if it's greed or something else
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Why is it slow??? obviously everything is so over-priced. No-one can afford to buy, it's as simple as that. Drop the prices and things should move. Not sure if it's greed or something else

Something else?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:11 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by martin36-1

Spot on Don't worry about the do gooders on here, they don't normally live in an area above a population of about 10

Ok, try to look at this another way, destiny has it's life plan. I'll give yoU our example;
We left UK nearly two years ago, when the house contract was meant to go through, my old man went into hospital. The day he died, we should have been in the US on our way to Aus. When we did finally get here, we were going to rent, but a conversation with an expat in fiji (on the way over)opened our eyes to a good morgage available in Aus, which meant we could get a small amount based on our cash from the house sell in UK (low Doc loan). Anyway, instead of renting, I will cut right to the chase, we managed to buy the house of our dreams. So what I'm trying to say is, it was all meant to be.

Just try to trust that this is fate....

I'm no hippy, far from it. just a working class lad from Shepherds Bush, but this was our experience. Just that life is a pain in the arse sometimes, and we can't see why, just keep pushing peeps......Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:19 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Spot on Don't worry about the do gooders on here, they don't normally live in an area above a population of about 10

Ok, try to look at this another way, destiny has it's life plan. I'll give yoU our example;
We left UK nearly two years ago, when the house contract was meant to go through, my old man went into hospital. The day he died, we should have been in the US on our way to Aus. When we did finally get here, we were going to rent, but a conversation with an expat in fiji (on the way over)opened our eyes to a good morgage available in Aus, which meant we could get a small amount based on our cash from the house sell in UK (low Doc loan). Anyway, instead of renting, I will cut right to the chase, we managed to buy the house of our dreams. So what I'm trying to say is, it was all meant to be.

Just try to trust that this is fate....

I'm no hippy, far from it. just a working class lad from Shepherds Bush, but this was our experience. Just that life is a pain in the arse sometimes, and we can't see why, just keep pushing peeps......Good luck.
I forgot to say, our house was going through, but then the buyer pulled out because of issues with there flat. If this had not happened, we would have been in USA on our way to Aus when my old man died. Because of the first buyer pulling out, the new buyer meant the house sale would take a few more months longer, hence we were in the UK.

So, try to see a bigger plan, not easy I know.......but it helps to keep the mind focused on the goal - AUS.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
I forgot to say, our house was going through, but then the buyer pulled out because of issues with there flat. If this had not happened, we would have been in USA on our way to Aus when my old man died. Because of the first buyer pulling out, the new buyer meant the house sale would take a few more months longer, hence we were in the UK.

So, try to see a bigger plan, not easy I know.......but it helps to keep the mind focused on the goal - AUS.
Well said, there is so many threads on this, time to either lower price or sit tight.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
Our buyers, buyer has dropped out and broken the chain...

We had flights booked for the 5th of November as well. They where just so cheap... Not to OZ but to Ireland to visit parents before we leave on the big one...phew'

I have told our buyer not to worry and I'll hold on to the house for him for another month. Did I do the right thing?

So I was just wondering how are you finding selling your houses, has it gone slow out there?

We where so near as well...
Just totally CRAP!!!! Needing a radical overhaul ( the British system )

Lots of Luck to you