Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How would you feel if you got this email 2

How would you feel if you got this email 2

Old Jun 26th 2013, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would you feel if you got this email 2

Have to say, they should have been allowed to march. All the way to the airport.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
Have to say, they should have been allowed to march. All the way to the airport.
Totally agree, if I marched the streets of Sydney spouting that sort of thing, especially in a country that was willing to accept my beliefs, I would be quite rightly told if you don't like it bugger off.

PS I have no real beliefs apart from bacon and beer, oh and being nice to people
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Totally agree, if I marched the streets of Sydney spouting that sort of thing, especially in a country that was willing to accept my beliefs, I would be quite rightly told if you don't like it bugger off.

PS I have no real beliefs apart from bacon and beer, oh and being nice to people
Ahhh ha !-- so you know what they were actually marching about , I completely missed it--pray would you mind enlightening me , I got the bit about the old bill not being their favourite corporate citizens but as to the rest ????????????????

Further things I think should be strongly considered for believing in-- gammon and pea & ham soup and roast pork and ham hocks with sauerkraut and pork pies and sweet and sour pork and Newcastle Brown Ale.

Last edited by BASHO; Jun 26th 2013 at 4:58 am.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I find the woman irritating to be honest. Her voice and manner. Certainly another go at showing Muslims in a bad light. She's seeking to a degree confrontation for the sake of the film.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I find the woman irritating to be honest. Her voice and manner. Certainly another go at showing Muslims in a bad light. She's seeking to a degree confrontation for the sake of the film.
No denying what their message is though in fairness, irritating or not. I personally think the marchers were the confrontational ones and she was reacting. I think if they were shown in a bad light it was their own doing
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BASHO
Ahhh ha !-- so you know what they were actually marching about , I completely missed it--pray would you mind enlightening me , I got the bit about the old bill not being their favourite corporate citizens but as to the rest ????????????????

Further things I think should be strongly considered for believing in-- gammon and pea & ham soup and roast pork and ham hocks with sauerkraut and pork pies and sweet and sour pork and Newcastle Brown Ale.

Uk go to hell, British police go to hell, something about hands off our women, non muslims will go to hell, blah blah yackety schmackety. Basically we're all going to hell, which appears to be somewhere near Luton.

Fetch my shotgun
Old Jun 30th 2013, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Uk go to hell, British police go to hell, something about hands off our women, non muslims will go to hell, blah blah yackety schmackety. Basically we're all going to hell, which appears to be somewhere near Luton.

Fetch my shotgun
I suppose it may be considered a tad confrontational to suggest that if they dislike the UK so much that they FRO back to the shit house holes of what are laughingly called country's that they crawled out of in the first place --oh and this goes for the disaffected 1st 2nd and 3rd generation malcontents as well .

Go back to the lands of your forebears and nut it out there if the UK is so bad.

I know that's exactly what immigrants who aren't satisfied with Australia get told--and do.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

To put the whole thing in perspective, Westerners (many of them Christians) are being far more abusive to Arabs of all types in their home nations, and more violent. Brits, Australians, etc, are absolutely entitled to tell the abusers of Western societies to piss off back to wherever they came from; but to be fair, their brothers and sisters who never left "back home" are equally entitled to tell our bunch to piss off back to wherever they came from.

All those silly men and women in Luton in their weird looking gear - pathetic! BUT not particularly dangerous. "Our bunch", in their countries, also dress weirdly, by local standards. If they - the foreigners in England - are out of line, how much worse are the armed and uniformed foreigners in Iraq, Afghanistan, and (soon) Syria and Iran?

I wrote about this sort of double-standard on my blog way back in December 2010, titled "The Last Crusade". In it, I made (I think) quite a good case against double standards. Also in my blog, for anybody interested, I wrote about my travels (with my girlfriend, backpacking) in the Middle East decades ago before the Western invasions. Moslems, like Christians and Jews, range from wild-eyed bigots to laid-back types with no hostility towards any religion.

Sure, we can get indignant with the idiots in the video, but at least they're not (as our people are in the Middle East) firing off rifles and drones. I would hope that the fair-minded folk of British Expats agree with me that the relevant governments should do a deal. Everybody go back to where they came from. Does that sound fair?
Old Jul 1st 2013, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
To put the whole thing in perspective, Westerners (many of them Christians) are being far more abusive to Arabs of all types in their home nations, and more violent. Brits, Australians, etc, are absolutely entitled to tell the abusers of Western societies to piss off back to wherever they came from; but to be fair, their brothers and sisters who never left "back home" are equally entitled to tell our bunch to piss off back to wherever they came from.

All those silly men and women in Luton in their weird looking gear - pathetic! BUT not particularly dangerous. "Our bunch", in their countries, also dress weirdly, by local standards. If they - the foreigners in England - are out of line, how much worse are the armed and uniformed foreigners in Iraq, Afghanistan, and (soon) Syria and Iran?

I wrote about this sort of double-standard on my blog way back in December 2010, titled "The Last Crusade". In it, I made (I think) quite a good case against double standards. Also in my blog, for anybody interested, I wrote about my travels (with my girlfriend, backpacking) in the Middle East decades ago before the Western invasions. Moslems, like Christians and Jews, range from wild-eyed bigots to laid-back types with no hostility towards any religion.

Sure, we can get indignant with the idiots in the video, but at least they're not (as our people are in the Middle East) firing off rifles and drones. I would hope that the fair-minded folk of British Expats agree with me that the relevant governments should do a deal. Everybody go back to where they came from. Does that sound fair?
It's pretty difficult to counter that view Gordon, a really great summation of the situation.

People seem to lose sight of the historical fact that Britain has always had waves of migrants that change the Landscape. It's one of the UK's greatest strengths being able to grow and develop through these influences. Some of the waves are harder to assimilate than others. In the long run the situation will homogenise like it always has before and the UK will be all the stronger for it.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 12:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Born in Luton & Dunstable Hospital, spent 40+ years a few miles away. In all that time, some areas of Luton have been, as near as damn it, no go areas for White/Christian/Anglo Saxon (whatever label you want to use). Nothing's changed in that time. The UK is a democratic country (group of), they have every right to do what they were doing. Do I agree with what they were apparently shouting about, no I don't but, in my opinion anyway, it's no different from The National Front or Anti Nazi League marches in the 70s. Minute percentage of the population out for a walk to get some publicity. Until 'they' do something illegal then let them get on with it.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:07 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Born in Luton & Dunstable Hospital, spent 40+ years a few miles away. In all that time, some areas of Luton have been, as near as damn it, no go areas for White/Christian/Anglo Saxon (whatever label you want to use). Nothing's changed in that time. The UK is a democratic country (group of), they have every right to do what they were doing. Do I agree with what they were apparently shouting about, no I don't but, in my opinion anyway, it's no different from The National Front or Anti Nazi League marches in the 70s. Minute percentage of the population out for a walk to get some publicity. Until 'they' do something illegal then let them get on with it.
Spot on, the advantage of living in a civilised democratic society is that anyone can within reason protest anything they like. A tiny proportion of a very small minority.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid twats. I'd rather go to the hellfire than have to walk about in a tent all the time and not be able to drink wine

Th
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Spot on, the advantage of living in a civilised democratic society is that anyone can within reason protest anything they like. A tiny proportion of a very small minority.
You couldn't get a bunch of Nazi mates and walk down the street chanting "Kill Jews" could you?

In Scotland you can get arrested for singing sectarian songs about The Pope.

So the right to protest isn't applied equally, pretty sure I'd get arrested for walking about in a white klu klux klan hood.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow

There is however a slight difference, in that those who are protesting in Britain, chose to come and live here- economic migrants- whereas the soldiers were sent to the arabic countries to fight/keep the peace(how ironic), rather than to settle and make a life there, and tend to walk about with guns/tanks etc.

I believe protest should be allowed up to a point, but where it crosses the line into racist hatred, whether it is from extreme right/left or religious views, then it has to be stopped.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me there are always parts of the UK that are not as nice as others - and that people who live there have more to complain about than others - even if it means there is some sort of tension.

I suspect that more than 99.9pc of the population do have something to complain about - even if it is their economic situation...and not religion.

until we put ourselves in the shoes of all parties we can't really know.

I have never lived in a inner city or an area which is considered to have been overtaken - for the worse? - so it's hard to know what it is like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.