Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How will you be spending Australia Day?

How will you be spending Australia Day?

Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:51 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How will you be spending Australia Day?

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well I'll be at the Shellharbour Citizenship ceremony.... do you think I should get one of those t-shirts as well?
Don't forget the car sticker to match!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:04 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Don't forget the car sticker to match!
I was think more of the "f*** off, we're full" for the car sticker, and as my car is Royal blue perhaps getting some stars and a Union flag for the bonnet.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:16 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be getting my brain removed at the ceremony in Mareeba.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:20 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Couldnt your four year old do without a glass of blue nun just for one day.
You obviously have a well developed talent for missing the point.

I don't care whether I have a drink or not. It's the lack of vision by the State Government that I'm complaining about. They are slowly killing what used to be a great event for the sake of political correctness.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:23 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie

I don't care whether I have a drink or not. It's the lack of vision by the State Government that I'm complaining about. They are slowly killing what used to be a great event for the sake of political correctness.
Australia used to be a prison. I think they've never quite got out of the mentality of that.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:13 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
I'll be getting my brain removed at the ceremony in Mareeba.
Jeez.. Mareeba, are you on VSO?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:14 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I was think more of the "f*** off, we're full" for the car sticker, and as my car is Royal blue perhaps getting some stars and a Union flag for the bonnet.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I was joking.I really didnt think that you allowed your 4 year old to drink alcohol.Chill sweetcheeks.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

My 4 year old wee girl Christina loves fireworks, & she's been talking about Australia Day for weeks because she remembers the Perth fireworks last year. We love the firework as well, but we also remember last year, when what used to be a great day out on the South Perth foreshore became pretty much a non event. We couldn't believe how quiet it was when in previous years is was always a great day out. The place would be packed, and we would make loads of 'one day' friends through playing games, having a laugh, and generally just celebrating Australia Day.

Last year the South Perth foreshore was dead. There was no atmosphere whatsoever leading up to the fireworks. Why? Because WA is a nanny state which imposed a blanket alcohol ban on the whole event. Why again? Because the year before, 200 people out of around a quarter of a million were arrested for drunken behaviour....

The phrase un-Australian is used a lot in Australia. What could be more un-Australian than being banned by law from having a few beers in the park with your mates / family on the country's national day?

99.5% of WA people do the right thing on Australia Day and just enjoy the day without causing any trouble, but the other 0.05% don't, so the state government ruin the day for the vast majority by being politically correct. The numbers were vastly down last year, but watch this year... Most of the people (like us) who went last year expecting the usual good atmosphere won't go this year because the atmosphere last year was non-existent. Are the powers that be so hard of thinking that they don't realise this?
It's not only Perth.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Picnic at Government House.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Went for a quick beer last night & overheard a couple of Ocker's laughing about how cool it is to hoist the Aussie flag & piss of the "Mussies" As I was leaving there was a row going on about how they could be sure to piss them off. This morning I drove past one of their shacks to the servo & there for all to see was the Aussie flag with "Alla is a ******" written in bold letters for all to see.

Well Happy Ocker day folks, I'm away to a lamb fest on the BBQ
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:52 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Went for a quick beer last night & overheard a couple of Ocker's laughing about how cool it is to hoist the Aussie flag & piss of the "Mussies" As I was leaving there was a row going on about how they could be sure to piss them off. This morning I drove past one of their shacks to the servo & there for all to see was the Aussie flag with "Alla is a ******" written in bold letters for all to see.

Well Happy Ocker day folks, I'm away to a lamb fest on the BBQ
I'm afraid I had a guilty chortle at that one.

I'm not condoning it, just ... and there was the Ruddster calling people from Alabama rednecks a while a go, I note there was a sharp reply about Queenslanders in return.

As said though, the majority are just enjoying the day off.

We aren't leaving the house/pool, it's too dang hot to be waving anything around.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:11 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Going to a mate's for a BBQ , then working from 4pm
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
If Mr GG gets his way, we'll be heading to the coast. First Born and The Gorilla can see a petting zoo, then we'll spend the afternoon watching some cricket.

If I get my way, I'll spend it sleeping and what Mr GG does with the children, I care not. If only ...
I won! And even better - I have two sleeping children, so I'm off to make the most of it with a well-deserved nap.

The Gorilla appears to have night and day mixed up (maybe because it's warm?), so I'm slowly turning into a zombie with a toddler awake all day and a baby awake all night.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:32 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm now an Australian... as a consequnce, I've been down the club, poured a bucket of Carlton down my neck, had a bite from the BBQ and I'm now going for a kip.

Back to the club later for a second session... Bogan, Moi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.