Wikiposts

How very sad...

Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:13 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default How very sad...

The loss of a child must be the hardest pain to bear and all I can really say is my deepest sympathies to you and your family David...

Stories like this bring a lump to my throat. I'm a father and the fear of losing my little boy is exponentially scarier than anything else in my life that provokes fear in me..

It's such a terrible shame that a politician had to experience a situation such as this before they started to realise how under funded and maintained the NHS actually is?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7909562.stm
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How very sad...

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
The loss of a child must be the hardest pain to bear and all I can really say is my deepest sympathies to you and your family David...

Stories like this bring a lump to my throat. I'm a father and the fear of losing my little boy is exponentially scarier than anything else in my life that provokes fear in me..

It's such a terrible shame that a politician had to experience a situation such as this before they started to realise how under funded and maintained the NHS actually is?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7909562.stm
I agree with you that it is very sad to lose a child in this way and as someone who has experienced loss my sympathies are with The Cameron Family.

I'm not sure why you needed to have a dig at the NHS in your post though, I doubt very much that the Camerons had anything but the best of care for thier son.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:33 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
I agree with you that it is very sad to lose a child in this way and as someone who has experienced loss my sympathies are with The Cameron Family.

I'm not sure why you needed to have a dig at the NHS in your post though, I doubt very much that the Camerons had anything but the best of care for thier son.
I wasn't having a dig at Cameron but rather politicians that came before him as he seems to be doing a splendid job with regards to the NHS and what his aspirations might be?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I wasn't having a dig at Cameron but rather politicians that came before him as he seems to be doing a splendid job with regards to the NHS and what his aspirations might be?
I didn't say you were having a dig at David Cameron, I said you were having a dig at the NHS. If you meant the politicians that came before him, then fair enough, it wasn't that clear in your post.

I agree that the NHS is very underfunded and oversubscribed, but I do think that the government are trying thier best with the resources they have. You have to remember that it is free for anyone whether you pay taxes or not. Unlike other places I could mention.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:34 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't say you were having a dig at David Cameron, I said you were having a dig at the NHS. If you meant the politicians that came before him, then fair enough, it wasn't that clear in your post.

I agree that the NHS is very underfunded and oversubscribed, but I do think that the government are trying thier best with the resources they have. You have to remember that it is free for anyone whether you pay taxes or not. Unlike other places I could mention.
I think you'll find it's not free, you pay rather a large sum out of your pay every week/month.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:41 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=kporte;7322964]I think you'll find it's not free, you pay rather a large sum out of your pay every week/month.

It is the best in the world though and should be cherished
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

deblaw will become famous soon enough

Having worked in the NHS for the past 15 years I would have to agree that it is a blessing that we have this service in the UK but I do have to raise a question as to whether it is underfunded or not.

The amount of people in 'middle management' far outweigh those on the shop floor, and get paid more to sit in an office telling those on the front line how to meet targets, when they themselves often have no experience of working as a nurse/doctor/radiographer etc.

I also question some of the procedures and medications that are available on the NHS. A person does not have a right to certain treatments or medications just because they exist, some things should be paid for regardless of the existence of the NHS. The NHS was invented to overcome the health problems and early mortality of those below the poverty line, not to give everyone liposuction and IVF (she says as someone who may have to rely on IVF in the near future but doesn't think a person has a right to have a baby!)

I would have to go with the inappropriately funded rather than the underfunded argument myself.

I was very sad to hear about David Cameron's son though and I know the nurses on the wards where he was cared for will be have had a hard day today.

Rant over
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

How very sad for the family,losing a child is an awful experience.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kporte
I think you'll find it's not free, you pay rather a large sum out of your pay every week/month.
Yes, I know. I meant that you don't have to pay again like you do in Australia. Will try to be a bit more precise next time.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

How incredibly sad How do you explain to the younger siblings why it happened. Just doesn't bear thinking about.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Condolences to the Cameron family.I`m sure we`ll all hug our children a little extra today.

I`m now living in a second country without NHS and I certainly appreciate and miss it.I never had a complaint about the care my family receieved and could never understand the whinges about it. What a fab service.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

This is very sad...........................but who is David Cameron?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
This is very sad...........................but who is David Cameron?
Are you serious??

You obviously don't read any UK news.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

He's the leader of the Conservatives.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Are you serious??

You obviously don't read any UK news.
Nope................just read The West Australian!!

I have never heard of him!! Seriously!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.