Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

how useful do you find the expats site?

how useful do you find the expats site?

Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:37 am
young but determined

gertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nice
Default how useful do you find the expats site?

i have only been on the site a while myself so havent really got used to it.

i was wondering how useful people find it to keeping in touch with friends, finding out about the move and just general chat.

thanks gert x
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how useful do you find the expats site?

this site is a bible

there will always be someone who can answer any q's you might have about emigrating

shell
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:42 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gert,

Only been a member for a coulple of weeks, but no matter what I throw at these peeps, they always come back with an answer.....even if some of them are pants (rubbish)....but mostly its excellent. A real encylopedia of knowlege...and all for free!!!! waht more could anyone want. Except maybe a Visa....oooh and a night out with Brad Pitt

Nic
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:43 am
young but determined

gertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nicegertrudeyo is just really nice

well thats good to know

i am not moving to oz myself. i have joined because a friend of mine is moving and i am eager to know as much about oz as i can before they go.

i had to put that smiley. looks cool :P.

what ways have people found of dealing with the long flights? it'll be even more difficult now due to the new luggage restrictions which i have heard have been made perminent.

gert x
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gertrudeyo

i was wondering how useful people find it to keeping in touch with friends, finding out about the move and just general chat.

thanks gert x
If you don't have the correct answer you know you'll be thrown to the dogs here. Its a dog eat dog world in here
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:26 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
If you don't have the correct answer you know you'll be thrown to the dogs here. Its a dog eat dog world in here

Aye and only the good looking survive

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

thanks gert x
Nothing is better than this site.. You get better info than you do off your agent cause even though they have taken your hard earned they dont want to hear your concerns or worries. I had a blip on my police checks, who helped me out? members of this site thats who. We have our banter and its tongue in cheek at times but who cares. When you are down with the waiting nobody wants to hear at your work or friends they just wish you would stop talking about the move, but in here thats what we all talk about. Sad or what. When you move, new country like us we dont know anybody down there, but through this site we will have contact with others just like us. We moved to this area from Scotland 14 years ago and still dont talk much to anyone outside the house, this is a weird area, and I find more company on this site than anywhere else. LONG LIVE THE B.E.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:20 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I've learnt nowt
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I've learnt nowt
That could be because you are so clever nobody can teach you owt. some of us are not so lucky.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:09 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
That could be because you are so clever nobody can teach you owt. some of us are not so lucky.
ah doubt that mate, I just cant retain the info
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing is better than this site.. You get better info than you do off your agent cause even though they have taken your hard earned they dont want to hear your concerns or worries. I had a blip on my police checks, who helped me out? members of this site thats who. We have our banter and its tongue in cheek at times but who cares. When you are down with the waiting nobody wants to hear at your work or friends they just wish you would stop talking about the move, but in here thats what we all talk about. Sad or what. When you move, new country like us we dont know anybody down there, but through this site we will have contact with others just like us. We moved to this area from Scotland 14 years ago and still dont talk much to anyone outside the house, this is a weird area, and I find more company on this site than anywhere else. LONG LIVE THE B.E.
You do live in Peterborough though!! I lived about 10 mile south of Posh before I moved to Perth.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 3:13 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Pffffffffttt

Yeah that'd be right

Oh yes anyway, this site is fab - it saved me a fortune on agency fees
Old Nov 17th 2006, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what I'd do at night without it (or in the day as a matter of fact )

Seriously it's brilliant
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:32 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

well ive been loitering on here for over 3 years now, and its helped me enormously ... not just in visa planning, but in the friends ive made
Old Nov 17th 2006, 5:35 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

thanks gert x
id be bleedin lost without it,its been fantastic for me..
theres nothing you cannot find out on here,home or away...

happy posting..

aston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.