Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How snobbish are you?

How snobbish are you?

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How snobbish are you?

Daunted, have only read a few posts of yours but you sound rich to me. 3 great kids, a roof over your head, no big debts. Money just complicates things. It's the world's biggest deceiver!!

I would take issue with one point you made though
"Our weekly treat was a bag of crisps and a bottle of coke on a saturday night from the off licence".
BLOODY LUXURY, we would get a bag of fag doubts & a kick in the bollocks if we were lucky, including my sister. Did we complain? Did we hell as like!!
Happy days
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Lesser person? You are one of the most well balanced people I have ever conversed with. You come across as grounded, hard working and realistic.

Mr PP and I have only just got a car - yes it is a commodore, no we are not bogans or hoons. You wouldnt believe the comments we have had such as 'Oh you dont have a car? that must be awful' Now we have a car, its comments like 'a commordore, didnt you want a 4WD'

Comments not from friends but from people we know.

When we bought our duplex, it was 'I wouldnt live SOR if it were me, how many bedrooms, whats the pool like?' No pool, no spa, garden is in need of a makeover and the duplex is small.

Comments from Australians? Im afraid not, apart from the utter disbelief that we have managed a year without a car, the other comments have come from English people.

Dont feel a lesser person because of what you earn Mandy. You go to work, you pay the bills and you have a home. I say home because not everyone is lucky enough to have their house feel like a home.

Wrong type of bike? Hmmm, as you say he can change his mates - wrong type of mates more like it.

Dont change Mandy, dont change one single aspect of your life to fit in with others that dont matter and for anyone to judge you in this way, they certainly do not matter.
Thanks Sam - just rattled my cage today! I actually consider myself very lucky to be living the way we are and find it hard to understand others mentallity sometimes. My roster should be up when i get back to work on Thurs so will give you a call and arrange our get together where i can snub you cos of your car and youcan snub me cos i aint got a pool
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Daunted, have only read a few posts of yours but you sound rich to me. 3 great kids, a roof over your head, no big debts. Money just complicates things. It's the world's biggest deceiver!!

I would take issue with one point you made though
"Our weekly treat was a bag of crisps and a bottle of coke on a saturday night from the off licence".
BLOODY LUXURY, we would get a bag of fag doubts & a kick in the bollocks if we were lucky, including my sister. Did we complain? Did we hell as like!!
Happy days
Thanks Nebhoy
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:37 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Thanks Sam - just rattled my cage today! I actually consider myself very lucky to be living the way we are and find it hard to understand others mentallity sometimes. My roster should be up when i get back to work on Thurs so will give you a call and arrange our get together where i can snub you cos of your car and youcan snub me cos i aint got a pool
I havent got a pool unless you count Rockys clam paddling pool which we fill with water in the summer for him and he chews it.

There is a thread on Commordore's now asking what the deal is with them. Interesting to see the replies.

Gets us from A to B anyway.

With regards to coming over, Ive got my mates cat living with me until 17th July, so will have to make it after that as she is being kept in my spare bedroom due to a minor disagreement with Gordon yesterday. Rocky keeps herding her up and that isnt going down to well.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Lesser person? You are one of the most well balanced people I have ever conversed with. You come across as grounded, hard working and realistic.

Mr PP and I have only just got a car - yes it is a commodore, no we are not bogans or hoons. You wouldnt believe the comments we have had such as 'Oh you dont have a car? that must be awful' Now we have a car, its comments like 'a commordore, didnt you want a 4WD'

Comments not from friends but from people we know.

When we bought our duplex, it was 'I wouldnt live SOR if it were me, how many bedrooms, whats the pool like?' No pool, no spa, garden is in need of a makeover and the duplex is small.

Comments from Australians? Im afraid not, apart from the utter disbelief that we have managed a year without a car, the other comments have come from English people.

Dont feel a lesser person because of what you earn Mandy. You go to work, you pay the bills and you have a home. I say home because not everyone is lucky enough to have their house feel like a home.

Wrong type of bike? Hmmm, as you say he can change his mates - wrong type of mates more like it.

Dont change Mandy, dont change one single aspect of your life to fit in with others that dont matter and for anyone to judge you in this way, they certainly do not matter.
I don't mean to play the devils advocate here but oh well in for a penny as they say - PP whilst your blogs are funny aren't you one of the worst culprits on here for commenting on others? The woman who smells, the fat one, the one who coughs alot etc etc - as you say not everyone is the same!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
I don't mean to play the devils advocate here but oh well in for a penny as they say - PP whilst your blogs are funny aren't you one of the worst culprits on here for commenting on others? The woman who smells, the fat one, the one who coughs alot etc etc - as you say not everyone is the same!
Yes you are right about that.

But I am talking about something entirely different here, in my blog I talk about irritating habits/bad hygiene.

Not about types of property/car etc.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:23 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah! Peasant!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right about that.

But I am talking about something entirely different here, in my blog I talk about irritating habits/bad hygiene.

Not about types of property/car etc.
You have also talked about the size of people and the clothes they wear and other personal comments. Why is that any different to someone looking down their nose at others who live in, what they consider to be, an inferior area etc?

Last edited by Hebe; Jun 24th 2009 at 2:39 am.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:41 am

You have also talked about the size of people and the clothes they wear and other personal comments. Why is that any different to someone looking down their nose at others who live in, what they consider to be, an inferior area etc?
I talk about the size of myself and what I wear as well - if you care to go back in my blog, so what?

Half of my mates wear the stuff I talk about.

But that doesnt make them bogans because of it.

Just read the posts 'utes/commordes are for bogans etc'

Disliking something because its not to your taste is one thing and yes, that can go for properties/cars etc.

Looking down your nose at someone for having those things, wearing those things or driving those things is another. Thinking you're above anyone for that reason.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:44 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking you're above anyone for that reason.
I often think about being above you PP
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you judge people by the area that they live in? I have read on here a few times 'Oh I wouldnt live NOR/SOR' kind of thing almost as though it is a crime to live in a certain area.

Or 'I hate Ute/Commordore drivers' etc.

Personally, IMO it doesnt matter where you live, what you drive its the person that counts and not everyone can afford the big car/big house in the 'perfect area'.

So come on, who has judged someone because of where they live or what they drive, does it really matter?

I live SOR and have had the odd comments 'Oh the bogans live there and Secret Harbour is much better'.

Does it matter?

no one knows where yangebup is - all the comments i get is where the bloody hell is that ?????
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
bad bad boy!!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:57 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:57 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can tell, pp is anything but snobbish.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:05 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
From what I can tell, pp is anything but snobbish.
What's wrong with being snobbish? I mean, I hang around with you peasants because there's no one of my own station to talk to. I can't talk to myself all the time, can I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.