Wikiposts

How sad am I???

Old Jun 11th 2011, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (HTC Desire: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Just got back to Sydney last night. The weather is appalling, I would not want to be camping in it, you are truly barking Alfresco.
Indeed I am!

Last edited by Alfresco; Jun 11th 2011 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How sad am I???

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Wirelessly posted (HTC Desire: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Indeed I am!
Hyperdome was ghastly if it's any consolation.

There is a severe weather warning out for tomorrow, a lot of rain and high winds ... seriously, think about packing it in

(edit) Can't find it on the BOM site, just says drizzle for tomorrow ... panic over, enjoy the drizzle!

Last edited by DeadVim; Jun 11th 2011 at 5:10 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed I am!
Not knowing exactly where you are.......
Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Rain areas in the northeast, with moderate to heavy falls and possible thunderstorms near the coast. Partly cloudy in the southern and central inland. Isolated showers elsewhere tending scattered on the central coast and falling as snow above 1600 metres on the Alps. South to southeast winds, fresh about the coast and central and northern ranges.
Monday 13 June

Partly cloudy in the southwest. Rain over the northeast possible heavy at times near the coast. Isolated showers elsewhere tending scattered near the coast. Isolated snow showers on the Alps above 1400 metres. South to southeast winds, fresh near the coast and ranges.

Plus severe weather warnings for Hunter, Northern Tabelands, North Coast,

Heavy rain is expected to develop Monday morning which may lead to flash flooding in Northern Rivers and Mid North Coast forecast districts and in eastern parts of Northern Tablelands.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.

For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.

====================================

Good luck and if you can keep the weather that side of the border I'll have a quiet night
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:40 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not knowing exactly where you are.......
Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Rain areas in the northeast, with moderate to heavy falls and possible thunderstorms near the coast. Partly cloudy in the southern and central inland. Isolated showers elsewhere tending scattered on the central coast and falling as snow above 1600 metres on the Alps. South to southeast winds, fresh about the coast and central and northern ranges.
Monday 13 June

Partly cloudy in the southwest. Rain over the northeast possible heavy at times near the coast. Isolated showers elsewhere tending scattered near the coast. Isolated snow showers on the Alps above 1400 metres. South to southeast winds, fresh near the coast and ranges.

Plus severe weather warnings for Hunter, Northern Tabelands, North Coast,

Heavy rain is expected to develop Monday morning which may lead to flash flooding in Northern Rivers and Mid North Coast forecast districts and in eastern parts of Northern Tablelands.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.

For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.

====================================

Good luck and if you can keep the weather that side of the border I'll have a quiet night
This sounds more dire:

-----------------------------

Heavy rain and dangerous winds are forecast for the south-east Queensland coast late tomorrow as an east coast low tracks southwards.

East coast lows are low pressure systems that form dangerously close to Australia's eastern seaboard, Alex Krisman, a meteorologist at weatherzone.com.au said.

These systems are notorious for producing severe weather such as flooding rain, dangerous seas and damaging wind gusts below Between tomorrow and Wednesday the low will move from south-east Queensland down to the NSW coast.

Heavy rain and strong winds will assail a broad region from Wide Bay down to the Hunter, with moderate rainfall totals extending further south, including Sydney and possibly the Illawara.

By late Wednesday and Thursday the focus will shift, with regions south from the NSW mid north coast receiving the heaviest rain and strongest winds.

Three-day rainfall totals of 100mm or more are likely for parts of eastern NSW and south-eastern Queensland.
----------------------
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
EVERYONE will be there. Guerrila Raid ... in and out ...
I wasn't so you're wrong. However, Alf is most definitely barking.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:48 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I wasn't so you're wrong. However, Alf is most definitely barking.
It's a mecca for soccer-shirt-clad expats swearing at each other <shudder>.

Let's put a collection around for Alf so he can replace his camping gear and get the interior of the transport professionally cleaned.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim;9426944[B
]It's a mecca for soccer-shirt-clad expats swearing at each other[/B] <shudder>.

Let's put a collection around for Alf so he can replace his camping gear and get the interior of the transport professionally cleaned.
How bizarre. I didn't know such people existed. Well, they don't in my world of course.

As long as no one ever expects me to go camping, they can bugger up their own lives as much as they like.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

You're on my ignore list now Deadvim!
Anyone who likes camping, especially in this weather, is probably mad. I'm at the age where a nice comfortable bed and all the amenities is much more tempting.

Do I get put on the ignore list now???
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:41 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pollyana;9426925] Isolated showers elsewhere tending scattered on the central coast [QUOTE]

I was on the Central Coast for the last two days and I can assure you those showers were definitely not scattered. Unless of course scattered means torrential horizontal monsoon that continues for 24 hours???

Last edited by ponyrama; Jun 12th 2011 at 12:43 pm. Reason: My quotey things wouldnt work??????
Old Jun 12th 2011, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well the nightmare is over.

As soon as we hit the Pacific motorway the sun came out.

At least we could dry everything out when we got home.

Old Jun 12th 2011, 6:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama

I was on the Central Coast for the last two days and I can assure you those showers were definitely not scattered. Unless of course scattered means torrential horizontal monsoon that continues for 24 hours???
I only distribute the forecasts and warnings, I don't write them

Well the nightmare is over.

As soon as we hit the Pacific motorway the sun came out.

At least we could dry everything out when we got home.

Could you warn us next time your family want to go camping, then we'll know bad weather is expected
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I only distribute the forecasts and warnings, I don't write them

Could you warn us next time your family want to go camping, then we'll know bad weather is expected
I'll try. This one was planned months ago and booked.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
But yeah, he *thinks* he looks super important, grimacing at his screen and rubbing his chin. IT'S A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION MATE, NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!

JTL
Maybe he was working out how to get a nice flying animation..woosh.....
He he...maybe for him, it IS rocketscience, and the stress is self-induced...
been awhile since I did Powerpoint.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Anyone who likes camping, especially in this weather, is probably mad. I'm at the age where a nice comfortable bed and all the amenities is much more tempting.

Do I get put on the ignore list now???
No, not at all.

I seem to have picked up flu now as well.