Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How old were you when you left home?

Wikiposts

How old were you when you left home?

Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How old were you when you left home?

I was 25. Hubby was the same, had been together 7 years before we finally decided to stop having fun, drinking, holidays, out all night sort of stuff and get a mortgage. Had no need to leave before, was left to my own devices anyway, did what I wanted and it was very very cheap
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
You didn't did you? Not the gums???
a just hud tae mate, she wont rmbr a thing in the mornin
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I was 25. Hubby was the same, had been together 7 years before we finally decided to stop having fun, drinking, holidays, out all night sort of stuff and get a mortgage. Had no need to leave before, was left to my own devices anyway, did what I wanted and it was very very cheap
Good job they invented TV just a few years later Pen.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:47 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
a just hud tae mate, she wont rmbr a thing in the mornin
I know I know, I remember opening the drawer of the bedside cabinet & closing my Mrs foot in it.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Heya,

On another thread we were chatting about kids etc, and they say these days they stay at home well into their 20s. Got me thinking about just how much things have changed - I left home at 17, same as Bert. We both went off to college/uni and so on... ... how about everyone else?????

S

18 to start nurse training in Hull, got engaged to my now hubby and he was in Germany, he left home at 16 to join the army (still in)
Mandy
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:27 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Evicted at 17... And with hindsight well deserved...

Heya,

On another thread we were chatting about kids etc, and they say these days they stay at home well into their 20s. Got me thinking about just how much things have changed - I left home at 17, same as Bert. We both went off to college/uni and so on... ... how about everyone else?????

S
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Think I have you all beat. Ran away at 15, worked washing dishes at a truck stop and lived in a horrible little roach infested bachelor apartment. At 16 went 1000 miles west to Winnipeg and worked as a chambermaid at a fancy hotel down town. Found prarie winters too cold so moved farther west to Vancouver at 18. Learned how to be a waitress/bartender and made some money in tips. Spent the next 4 years travelling from town to town, job to job enjoying being a single woman on her own with no responsibilities.
Scares the life out of me thinking of my 11 year old leaving home in only 4 years, but then again, she is a very different child than I was.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

19 - to live in the nurses home:scared:
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:42 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sme
19 - to live in the nurses home:scared:
17 to get some rest
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I left home at 15 with a 3 month old baby, to move into my fiance's (Sp?) parents house.

We both left there 6 months later to get our own place, split up 18 months later.

I then met my hubby at 19 and been with him ever since (well apart from the three times I've walked out on him ).

Been married 11 years just gone and am finally settled, just in time to move half way around the world :scared:
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:44 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
17 to get some rest

Did you live in the nurses home too ?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:46 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sme
Did you live in the nurses home too ?
yeah but it took them a long time to find me, it was great fun
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:55 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

8 days before my 18th birthday - to join the army. That was only cos I was too short to be a copper!

Couldn't stand living at home - even though I had a job I still had no door key, had to be in by 9 and in bed by 10. I decided enough was enough, now a visit of a couple of days is enough to remind me that I need to give my kids a bit more freedom and respect than I had.

Funny thing is they did it to both my brothers, one got his girlfriend pregnant (joined the army later on) and the other joined the army as soon as he could too.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:57 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by tucs
yeah but it took them a long time to find me, it was great fun

we aim to please
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:59 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Heya,

S
23 - Went to Uni
26 Returned for 1 year (big debts)
27 Moved to rental with friends
27 Moved back home for 8 months
28 Bought current house

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.