Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How often do you get flu/real flu? Have you ever had it?

Wikiposts

How often do you get flu/real flu? Have you ever had it?

Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How often do you get flu/real flu? Have you ever had it?

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
3 times for me. The last of which was this time last year when I got Swine Flu, which was the worst of the lot. I was completely delirious and hallucinating
No change there then
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:36 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Only men get the flu!

I don't think I have ever had it, just nasty colds.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:39 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
Only men get the flu!

I don't think I have ever had it, just nasty colds.
Sores
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:41 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
That's the beauty of working in a childrens hospital,i have had sickies and diseases they are still trying to find a name for
You sure got that right!

Infleunza is a potential killer. Had it once and was completely out of it for a month. The legs went. But, I have to say, colds these days seems a lot nastier than they used to be. Especially man-colds.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:42 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
None of which were as bad as watching Aussie morning TV.

I quite enjoyed My Kitchen Rules.
Can't stand morning telly, I'd rather stick needles in me eyes. I usually solve that problem by staying in bed for as long as possible
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:43 pm

Sores
Err no!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:44 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by kelli28
Err no!
Wire brush n dettol for you
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:46 pm

Wire brush n dettol for you
Not again!!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:47 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
Second time was in Jan this year I got really bad tonsilitis and it totally floored me so if flu is worse that those two things I'd rather not have it!
Tonsillitis is the pits...I last had that nearly 17 years ago and shall never forget it. I had a throat like I had swallowed a million razor blades & shivers like nothing else I've ever experienced..I remember because my middle one was just a very small baby. I remember literally shivering for almost an hour after getting out of bed to him in the night...trying to get warm again. If I'd had a gun, I'd have shot myself...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:38 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
Tonsillitis is the pits...I last had that nearly 17 years ago and shall never forget it. I had a throat like I had swallowed a million razor blades & shivers like nothing else I've ever experienced..I remember because my middle one was just a very small baby. I remember literally shivering for almost an hour after getting out of bed to him in the night...trying to get warm again. If I'd had a gun, I'd have shot myself...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
I got tonsillitus for the first time ever this year - OMG it was horrendous. The sweats, shivering etc. I went to the docs and he said he had seen loads of people that morning complaining of it, but I was the only one to actually have it And a really bad case of it.

The difference between a cold and flu? Imagine you are lying in bed and can see a £50 note lying in the garden outside. if you have a cold, you will get out of bed and get it. If you have the flu, you'll roll over and ignore it, cos nothing will make you move from that bed. A doc told me that and I have never forgotten it.

A proper dose of flu can take 6 weeks to recover from, and I believe (IIRC) that it is thought that some cases of ME can be traced back to bad doses of flu - but I could be wrong about that.

Have had flu once in my life and gastric flu a couple of times. All when I was a teen.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:23 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by rasen78
I got tonsillitus for the first time ever this year - OMG it was horrendous. The sweats, shivering etc. I went to the docs and he said he had seen loads of people that morning complaining of it, but I was the only one to actually have it And a really bad case of it.

The difference between a cold and flu? Imagine you are lying in bed and can see a £50 note lying in the garden outside. if you have a cold, you will get out of bed and get it. If you have the flu, you'll roll over and ignore it, cos nothing will make you move from that bed. A doc told me that and I have never forgotten it.

A proper dose of flu can take 6 weeks to recover from, and I believe (IIRC) that it is thought that some cases of ME can be traced back to bad doses of flu - but I could be wrong about that.

Have had flu once in my life and gastric flu a couple of times. All when I was a teen.
So yer saying you would roll over for 50 quid
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:36 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

So yer saying you would roll over for 50 quid
Heck, I'd rollover for a tenner

Just don't expect me to roll back
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:37 am
FREE TIBET

Heck, I'd rollover for a tenner

Just don't expect me to roll back
That's ok i'd prob be finished by then
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:39 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

That's ok i'd prob be finished by then
And she's flying from SA for that?!?!

How are you going to entertain for the rest of the time?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:40 am
FREE TIBET

And she's flying from SA for that?!?!

How are you going to entertain for the rest of the time?
Help her with her homework

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.