Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How much money can you spend in a week?

Wikiposts

How much money can you spend in a week?

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:26 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much money can you spend in a week?

Originally Posted by thebears
What Type of car?

My bills this week:
Container/Shipment £3750
Flights/Accomodation Gatwick to Melbourne via Singapore & Malaysia £2306
Geneva Car Hire £500
Geneva Flights £350
Italy Trip £2500
Additional Furniture for daughters room £3200
Car hire Oz £500
Short Term Apartments £3000
Hotels UK £620
Hotels Oz £350
Nursery UK £1100
Nursery Oz £600
I'm getting depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have my deepest sympathies Geez, If those were my expenses I'd be laughing I suspect you'r not gonna get much symathy here.

All the same, enjoy your trips. BTW, can you adopt me plz, I need new bedroom furniture too?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorrry What on earth; that's additional for a bedroom; would cost over 3 grand :scared: I think we should be told
Come and join us on the Poor People Thread

I didn't spend that much on ALL 3 bedrooms in my house (including beds and wardrobes)
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:31 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorrry What on earth; that's additional for a bedroom; would cost over 3 grand :scared: I think we should be told
Bed (superking) 900
Mattress 620
Side Tables 180
Chest of Drawers 700
Stand Alone Closet 800

(English Oak)

Built to last - so she can take it with her.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:33 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

What Type of car?

My bills this week:
Container/Shipment £3750
Geneva Car Hire £500
Geneva Flights £350
Italy Trip £2500
Car hire Oz £500
Hotels UK £620
Hotels Oz £350
Nursery UK £1100
Nursery Oz £600

Bloody Hell!!! thought our week was bad!!!

Obviously you HAVE to be loaded!! I know we couldnt afford the gold plated furniture you bought for your daughter, £3200!!!! Blimey!!:scared:

Please can I join the poor peoples section to!!! We have had to cancel our summer holiday to Butlins this year!! What a hard life!!

Hopefully the four week rekkie trip to Australia will make up for it!!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Bed (superking) 900
Mattress 620
Side Tables 180
Chest of Drawers 700
Stand Alone Closet 800

(English Oak)

Built to last - so she can take it with her.
Bed Kingsize - £399 (with matress)
Wardrobes - £249 (2 double plus over bed unit)
Chest of drawers - £49

Kids rooms
Beds x 3 £199 each (again with matress)
Wardrobes (boys room) £149
Wardrobe (girls room) £149
Drawers x 2 £49 each

These would have had to last 10 plus years if we hadn't been moving. As it is they will all be sold either with the house or seperate.

We are not really that poor, but material stuff mean bugger all to us. You can't put a price on being happy.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:57 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

What Type of car?

My bills this week:
Container/Shipment £3750
Geneva Car Hire £500
Geneva Flights £350
Italy Trip £2500
Car hire Oz £500
Hotels UK £620
Hotels Oz £350
Nursery UK £1100
Nursery Oz £600
All that and you're flying economy.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:16 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossifumi

God its a shame isn't it, hopefully they'll get their flights upgraded
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:39 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
God its a shame isn't it, hopefully they'll get their flights upgraded
Oh people like that ALWAYS bloody do!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Think you'll find they usually fly business class - only their child (plus nanny, of course) flies down the back! But it's OK because they visit her occasionally....

We flew business class while our daughter and nanny flew economy. On the occasional visit back to see how she was the lights were dimmed and apart from her watching Nemo about 7 times she slept quite well.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...04#post3278404

Last edited by NickyC; Mar 3rd 2006 at 5:50 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by nickyc
Think you'll find they usually fly business class - only their child (plus nanny, of course) flies down the back! But it's OK because they visit her occasionally....

Oh mate that reminds me of my sister-in-law and her hubby. They are absolutely loaded and they bought Lynn's parents flight tickets to Hong Kong.

They were all on the same flight as they had returned home for some business and thought they would treat the parents and take them back to Hong Kong with them for a stay.

When they all boarded the plane, the parents were seated in economy with SIL looking after them, hubby was up front in a minimum of Business Class, not sure which class but it was definately up front as he is one of the top dogs at a very famous cosmetics company, so they will have paid.

Thing is, they have treated them before with flights to New York to stay in their Manhattan apartment, ok ya, ya ok, same scenario, home for a visit then take the parents back with them. Only this time they all flew in Business Class, obviously on the Hong Kong flight he thought **** that for a Pimms, I'm up front.
"Darling, be a good girl and look after your parents", what, what, what, what, top hole.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

:scared: :scared: For once, I'm utterly speechless!!!
TJ
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:08 pm

NickyC, I have just read that link, he's having a laugh surely.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

NickyC, I have just read that link, he's having a laugh surely.

One Word:

ACCOUNTANT
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
One Word:

ACCOUNTANT
Bean counter.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
ffs, how much money have you got
Obviously not too much anymore