Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How much do you like your job?

How much do you like your job?

Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much do you like your job?

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Do you want redundo or do you fancy hanging on in at the post Ozzie ?
If I absolutely knew I could have a decent job ahead of me I'd take redundancy in a flash. However at my Age (55) and with a 12 year old son still to put through school, I still need a decent full time job.

In fact I would leave Post without a redundancy package if I knew I could get a full time day job.

Problem for us, would be the worry of the Wife having to work fulltime and me only Parttime, which wouldnt go down well at all

Plus we've got these building plans, for our block here...(Demolish our fully owned but rundown house, then build Two x 3 bedroom, 2 living area 3 bathroom, 25 sq townhouses with roofdecks, sell one and live in the other... or maybe even manage to rent one out, depends on how much we have to borrow to build them both, which would be the full cost of both, circa 700k I think dammit... should be able to sell one for the full building cost of both though). still mucking around with the easement (adverse possession of an old laneway) and solicitors, been over 30 months now. Run down 2 bedroom single fronted place around the corner from us went for 580,000 dollars on Saturday.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 28th 2010 at 7:15 am.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:02 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I love my job (most days). Every day is different, you never know what is going to happen and that definitely appeals to me.

(Occasionally have a shocker of a day but that's okay)

I get to be out and about, not stuck in an office, I meet 'interesting' people, and get to help people. And I work with a mostly great bunch. There's heaps of things I could do and places I could go in my career, and there's plenty of opportunity to go up the ladder.

And I get to do exciting things. And wear shorts

So I'm happy with my job.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:17 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had a job to rate, I'm busy applying for Grad positions starting in Jan, so I'll come back then and let you know how much I love it
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Love it.

Joined the Army at 18 as a soldier and later did officer training. Deployments between Cambodia, Bosnia, and Mozambique (met my beautiful wife in Moz) clearing landmines, then a posting training the nascent army in East Timor (Portuguese Linguist). Left the Army in 2005 and have been managing projects in Afghanistan (3 yrs), Ghana last year, currently running all of the logistics into Mogadishu, Somalia since 1 Oct 09.

It has become more a way of life than work. I have recorded some of it here:http://www.aulro.com/afvb/general-ch...rtunities.html

The prospect of a 9-5 scares the 'bejesus' out of me.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
Love it.

Joined the Army at 18 as a soldier and later did officer training. Deployments between Cambodia, Bosnia, and Mozambique (met my beautiful wife in Moz) clearing landmines, then a posting training the nascent army in East Timor (Portuguese Linguist). Left the Army in 2005 and have been managing projects in Afghanistan (3 yrs), Ghana last year, currently running all of the logistics into Mogadishu, Somalia since 1 Oct 09.

It has become more a way of life than work. I have recorded some of it here:http://www.aulro.com/afvb/general-ch...rtunities.html

The prospect of a 9-5 scares the 'bejesus' out of me.
Just saw the pictures you posted - scary.

The camels were gorgeous
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: How much do you like your job?

Originally Posted by Margaret3
2/10 but on a positve note , this time last year i would'va said 1/10
ROFL !!! Mags !! Good to hear things are going so well for you !!
My job -{minus}99076223895985745235237489 / 10, it's a complete f@ckin S3it hole and would NOT recomend it to anyone, as staff or a patient.

All the best,

Tass.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
ROFL !!! Mags !! Good to hear things are going so well for you !!
My job -{minus}99076223895985745235237489 / 10, it's a complete f@ckin S3it hole and would NOT recomend it to anyone, as staff or a patient.

All the best,

Tass.
-{minus}99076223895985745235237489 / 10

so theres light at the end of the tunnel. a slim chance things might pick up
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: How much do you like your job?

Originally Posted by soapy©
-{minus}99076223895985745235237489 / 10

so theres light at the end of the tunnel. a slim chance things might pick up
Yeah, when I can afford to leave ! LOl!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely adore my job, as you can tell when I start posting about storms and cyclones! No two days are the same,cos the nature of disaster work means you never know whats coming next. Have to be always on our toes, and usually doing 8 things at once with 3 phones and 4 computers screens.
Its not perfect, I don't think any job is, but I would have to think very very hard before leaving Brisbane just because the job is so good
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:30 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Absolutely adore my job, as you can tell when I start posting about storms and cyclones! No two days are the same,cos the nature of disaster work means you never know whats coming next. Have to be always on our toes, and usually doing 8 things at once with 3 phones and 4 computers screens.
Its not perfect, I don't think any job is, but I would have to think very very hard before leaving Brisbane just because the job is so good
you is sober?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
you is sober?
Course I is, its only just past midday, sobered up from last night and haven't got as far as the pub yet cos I'm waiting for someone to finish tarting himself up
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:43 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Course I is, its only just past midday, sobered up from last night and haven't got as far as the pub yet cos I'm waiting for someone to finish tarting himself up
Glad you're enjoying yourselves
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:55 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Glad you're enjoying yourselves
Thanks Its allll good
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Cant you speed things up with a Bewitched Samantha like nose wiggle ?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Previous One - 3/10 (the people were the plus)
This One - 8/10

Or ... 5/10 and looking around if the boss is reading this ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.