Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many times have you been in love?

How many times have you been in love?

Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: How many times have you been in love?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Serious answer:

The first dream you have in which your partner has left you and you feel absolutely desolate and in despair. And then you wake up and realise its not true.

The sense of relief tells you you are in love.

JTL
I had a similar dream. I dreamt my OH was having it away with some slut and i walked in on them. I went nuts...got a knife and hacked off his knob, stuffed it down the sluts throat, chopped them both into pieces and put them in a plastic bag.
Then i woke up...

Does that also mean i am in love?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I had a similar dream. I dreamt my OH was having it away with some slut and i walked in on them. I went nuts...got a knife and hacked off his knob, stuffed it down the sluts throat, chopped them both into pieces and put them in a plastic bag.
Then i woke up...

I think it means you are a potential "bunny boiler".
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livinginreality
You know what Em's,I seem to have a "detachment"from guys.Not sure how to explain it?My OH completely adores me,and I know he loves me very much,but,as much as I hate to say this,the feeling is not totally mutual.I just have this cut offish attitude that should anything happen to him,I'd find someone.I wish I could get into all that romance stuff,undying love and all that but nope just can't do it!
I think some people just feel it more, thats all. A partial reason for us divorcing was his inability to love me the same way that i loved him. Of course, there are a zillion other reasons that come into play, and they all hit the nail into the coffin. However, I think if he had adored me as much as i used to him, then we would have worked it out.

I did ask him once, when we were near the end, what did he consider about his lack of love for me.. he told me that he *did*love me, a hell of a lot in the beginning, but he it changed for him.. and that it moved into platonic, friendly feelings instead, he felt a love, but nothing much. Now call me a cynic, but I think if the love disappears then it probably wasnt there in the first place.. ie, I felt it, but it was unreciprocated.. and perhaps he felt flattered and maybe just went along with it hoping? Us humans can trick ourselves into believing anything aye?!

Ah! who knows?! Matters not a jot to me anyway, I currently have a very great guy that I have just started to see! which is going very swimmingly! haha!

Em x
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I think some people just feel it more, thats all. A partial reason for us divorcing was his inability to love me the same way that i loved him. Of course, there are a zillion other reasons that come into play, and they all hit the nail into the coffin. However, I think if he had adored me as much as i used to him, then we would have worked it out.

I did ask him once, when we were near the end, what did he consider about his lack of love for me.. he told me that he *did*love me, a hell of a lot in the beginning, but he it changed for him.. and that it moved into platonic, friendly feelings instead, he felt a love, but nothing much. Now call me a cynic, but I think if the love disappears then it probably wasnt there in the first place.. ie, I felt it, but it was unreciprocated.. and perhaps he felt flattered and maybe just went along with it hoping? Us humans can trick ourselves into believing anything aye?!

Ah! who knows?! Matters not a jot to me anyway, I currently have a very great guy that I have just started to see! which is going very swimmingly! haha!

Em x
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Ems!As I said I think I might have missed something when it comes to my own love life.Its never too late is it to find it?xx PS Glad you are very happy,you deserve to be xx
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andicee
Hmm, I knew a girl once form CB radio days, called Big H. And she was born in '68. From West London area! That you Shazza?
lmao nope
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:45 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Her: Well, I don't think they should make thermostats that can be broken by something little like a lamp.
laughed my head off at it all, but this line just about made me piss myself

oh and

ONCE and still there by a long shot
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigH68
lmao nope
shazzy lmao
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Serious answer:

The first dream you have in which your partner has left you and you feel absolutely desolate and in despair. And then you wake up and realise its not true.

JTL
What about the dream I had with first hubby when I dreamt I had killed him. Not only killed him, but dragged him downstairs and buried him, got in the shower and cleaned myself up, and got back in bed.

It WAS so REAL!

Imagine my horror when I woke up and he was still there next to me??? I actually thought that I had yet to drag him out and bury him so I began tugging at his feet and to my amazement he woke up and said 'what the F****ing hell are you doing woman' to which I replied, 'Oh I thought you was dead'!

True dream.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Serious answer:

JTL
Now that sounds like a heroin addict...
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Then i woke up...

No, that means you need to be certified!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by emelems
I did ask him once, when we were near the end, what did he consider about his lack of love for me.. he told me that he *did*love me, a hell of a lot in the beginning, but he it changed for him.. and that it moved into platonic, friendly feelings instead, he felt a love, but nothing much. Now call me a cynic, but I think if the love disappears then it probably wasnt there in the first place..
That happens in every relationship to everyone. That's the way humans are designed. It's only a matter of time.

Human are not meant to be with one person monogamously for their entire life. Human's don't pair bond for life.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm
That happens in every relationship to everyone. That's the way humans are designed. It's only a matter of time.

Human are not meant to be with one person monogamously for their entire life. Human's don't pair bond for life.
You say all this as if it were fact. A great many do bond for life, my parents for example, 67 years married.
Are humans meant to be cynical do you think?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kporte
You say all this as if it were fact. A great many do bond for life, my parents for example, 67 years married.
Are humans meant to be cynical do you think?
The reason why it's common for people of that generation to bond for life is because that is what society expected of them. It's social engineering or brainwashing for the masses.

Society expects different things of people nowadays and divorce is no longer frowned upon as it has been in the past. Ever wonder why so many people get divorced nowadays?

I prefer realist to cynic. It's more accurate and far better than being idealistic. Idealism is the land of the fairies. A bit like believing in God!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:34 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Hmm.

I thought I was with an ex-boyf. Now I know it wasn't love. Maybe it was half-love or something.

But now, I am in love - first time.

I know 100% sure that it is because I was nearly killed by some idiot guy almost 5 yrs ago and let no one in within that time. Then I met my now partner and within 3 weeks of us meeting we were beginning a relationship.

13 months later and everything is great, plans to marry, kids, the whole shehbang.

I'm not sure I could go through it all again if I had to for whatever reason. I'd rather just not think about it!!

lerato
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm
The reason why it's common for people of that generation to bond for life is because that is what society expected of them. It's social engineering or brainwashing for the masses.

Society expects different things of people nowadays and divorce is no longer frowned upon as it has been in the past. Ever wonder why so many people get divorced nowadays?

I prefer realist to cynic. It's more accurate and far better than being idealistic. Idealism is the land of the fairies. A bit like believing in God!
You suggest I am idealistic because I wish to find a life bond. Not idealistic, I just know what I want and what suits my personality. As for my parents, if you saw them together you would disregard the brainwashing bit.
The simple fact is you are trying to lump humans into neat pigeon holes but we are far more complex than that. You are broadly correct but not completely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.