Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many loads of washing a day do you do.

Wikiposts

How many loads of washing a day do you do.

Old May 14th 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many loads of washing a day do you do.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
OK so I'm a dirty cow OR we're remarkably undirty people. one dark and one light load per week of clothing for two adults, two teen girls. One towel and two beddings a week. All on a Saturday and no fricking ironing at all, sod that.
Getting into freshly washed (with Ariel from Brit shop) with everything ironed bed is one of highlights of my week (I don't get out much) Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Old May 14th 2012, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
British originally. Have you heard of Port Sunlight on the Wirral, the town built for the workers at the soap factory?
http://www.portsunlightvillage.com/p...geid=gardenvil
Partner has decided to use the sunlight soap in the shower now Reckons it reminds him of his childhood and his gran doing the laundry in the tub out the back. Outside loo, and a metal bath tub
Old May 14th 2012, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Penny45
Getting into freshly washed (with Ariel from Brit shop) with everything ironed bed is one of highlights of my week (I don't get out much) Don't knock it until you've tried it!

No sex tonight I have just ironed the sheets

I dont iron mine, but do wash them every 3 days or so, like my towels I like them baked in the sun, something very calming about fresh, stiff, line fresh sheets.

In winter I go flanelette, baked in the sun they go really stiff like old fashioned starched ones. Ohhh the joy

I might try washing in sunlight too, partner might be onto something there.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Penny45
Strange as it may seem (obviously coming across as some sort of pleb) I've had plenty of nights in freshly laundered (most definitely not with Ariel which smells awful to my nose) and pressed bedding. I simply have way more interesting things to do with my life than iron fitted sheets and duvet covers simply for them to be unpressed after a night's sleep. However if you're offering to come up and do them for me, you're more than welcome.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Partner has decided to use the sunlight soap in the shower now Reckons it reminds him of his childhood and his gran doing the laundry in the tub out the back. Outside loo, and a metal bath tub
Strange what makes some people happy
Still. it's cheap and harmless.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Strange what makes some people happy
Still. it's cheap and harmless.

Its probably very weird wanting to smell like your grans wash day
Old May 14th 2012, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Strange as it may seem (obviously coming across as some sort of pleb) I've had plenty of nights in freshly laundered (most definitely not with Ariel which smells awful to my nose) and pressed bedding. I simply have way more interesting things to do with my life than iron fitted sheets and duvet covers simply for them to be unpressed after a night's sleep. However if you're offering to come up and do them for me, you're more than welcome.
I follow exactly the same philosophy. I remember Ariel first arriving on the scene and using it to fade things by soaking overnight (student thing). How anyone can waste time ironing is totally beyond me.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:10 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't haver a set washing day. I just do it when I feel like it, when I need to or when it's a good day to hang the lot out to dry.

What I can't do anymore is put the machine on and go to bed because this one has a flipping alarm on it and when it's finished it bleeps intermittently for 5 whole minutes. Haven't figured out if there is a way to stop the alarm.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:11 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I iron clothing only. Bollox to ironing bedding, hell I only wash the damn stuff when I can't see the pattern because of the dog hair
Old May 14th 2012, 11:20 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I only iron the clothes i absolutely have to most stuff gets hung straight up and doesnt require ironing!

life contains many boring things and ironing is one of them!
Old May 14th 2012, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

OK so I'm a dirty cow OR we're remarkably undirty people. one dark and one light load per week of clothing for two adults, two teen girls. One towel and two beddings a week. All on a Saturday and no fricking ironing at all, sod that.
If you lived closer and I could bring my super steamer Tefal iron I probably would! In fact, one of my pals suggested I take in ironing to make some cash as I seemed to like it. I just take laptop with downloaded TV into utility and do it - doesn't bother me and I like the end result.

Now what I would call a waste of time is washing my car. Had it for 18 months and washed it never - the inside looks like a shed - haven't smoked in it for 2 months and yet still empty fag packs on the floor. Couldn't give a flying f what my car looks like as long as it runs. I bet that would strike horror into some like mixing up washing does to me
Old May 14th 2012, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
No sex tonight I have just ironed the sheets

I dont iron mine, but do wash them every 3 days or so, like my towels I like them baked in the sun, something very calming about fresh, stiff, line fresh sheets.

In winter I go flanelette, baked in the sun they go really stiff like old fashioned starched ones. Ohhh the joy
Once the sheets are sticky against your back you know it's time to do something. When my wife goes away, (and even when we all go away) we have a neigbour who comes around and change the sheets - as a favour. She's like that - likes to look after us.

We (my family, my old dear etc) have never used softener. I reckon it wears your clothes out and it's just another thing to buy.

I follow exactly the same philosophy. I remember Ariel first arriving on the scene and using it to fade things by soaking overnight (student thing). How anyone can waste time ironing is totally beyond me.
I quite like ironing, to be honest. I do all my shirts. I find easy-care clothing looks a bit nasty and I just can't do it.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I iron my work clothes for the week, I do iron all mu clothes but I never ever iron bedding or underwear.

I wash my car though, not as often as I should - it got a nice wash at its service yesterday. The inside is clean as well, it still smells new. (until my dog gets in and farts in it)
Old May 15th 2012, 3:45 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably averages out about 2 washes a day 2 adults and 2 primary age kids. The machine is on most nights, and at the weekends, because ROMFT brings stuff home, there can be 2-3 loads on the saturday and sunday. I can't let it build up cos we haven't got enough clothes to last. One friend has a HUGE ironing pile cos she hates irioning. If she needs something, she just goes and buys it

Bit haphazard with the bedding. Cos I'm on my own most weeks, I don't see the point in changing the sheets every week (I'm a clean ladee). Towels get done about twice a week. And according to ROMFT, the ironing only gets done at the weekend when he is home
Old May 15th 2012, 3:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
the ironing only gets done at the weekend when he is home
That way, it's done proper like

Last edited by Pollyana; May 15th 2012 at 8:35 am. Reason: fixing the quote, you keep losing your ] ;)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.