Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Brazil
71.43%
Australia
17.86%
Draw
10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:26 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many goals will Brazil thrash Australia by?

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
A few quotes from the article - Headline - Viduka targeting upset of Brazil

"There're not superheroes or anything like that. They're people like us."

"You're not going to go into a game thinking you're going to lose. You're going to go in thinking you're going to win it, and that's how we are going to start."

Which story were you reading?
I read it no differently. Of course they're going to go in thinking they'll win - or what would be the point - that doesn't mean they expect to. What would be the point of playing at all. "Ah hello, is that Mr Parreira - yes, it's Gus Hiddink here - we've actually decided that, what with you being the favourites to win the whole tournament - we're not going to play the match at all. Ah yes, best of luck to your Mr Parreira - and if you're ever in Sydney... "

Ah well - roll on the last 16.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:28 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Socceroos......Soccerwho?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:31 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I read it no differently. Of course they're going to go in thinking they'll win - or what would be the point - that doesn't mean they expect to. What would be the point of playing at all. "Ah hello, is that Mr Parreira - yes, it's Gus Hiddink here - we've actually decided that, what with you being the favourites to win the whole tournament - we're not going to play the match at all. Ah yes, best of luck to your Mr Parreira - and if you're ever in Sydney... "

Ah well - roll on the last 16.
LOL best of British to you.

By the way, I thank you for pointing out the benefits of IE7 a few days ago.
I have downloaded and installed the beast and it is a goer in my books.
I am no tech head but it seems a lot like Fire fox but easier to use.
Cheers.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:44 am

LOL best of British to you.

By the way, I thank you for pointing out the benefits of IE7 a few days ago.
I have downloaded and installed the beast and it is a goer in my books.
I am no tech head but it seems a lot like Fire fox but easier to use.
Cheers.
Is that the beta version mate?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:47 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Is that the beta version mate?
Aye. Go on tell me about all the vulnerabilities and possibilities of attack or imminent death to all those who use it. :scared:
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:52 am

Aye. Go on tell me about all the vulnerabilities and possibilities of attack or imminent death to all those who use it. :scared:
Well as it happens....

I was just interested that's all.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

WEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Bert'n'Stella]Bert says Scotland could have had them in '98 (Brazil that is). Socceroos have a chance - really they have nothing to lose and will only benefit from the experience of playing Brazil. Good luck to them

Scotland did give Brazil a run for their money in 98' and they are shite! With Guus Hiddink managing and the team as underdogs I think they will take ay least a point from the game. I would much rather listen to the Aussie bang on about winning than I would the English...1966 wasn't it!!??
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:13 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBBS
I would much rather listen to the Aussie bang on about winning than I would the English...1966 wasn't it!!??
It's funny - that whole '66' thing is the one and only reason I'd like England to win the tournament - so they can bury that wretched frigging black and white 'they think it's all over' footage for once and for all and move on.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:24 am
Banned

It's funny - that whole '66' thing is the one and only reason I'd like England to win the tournament - so they can bury that wretched frigging black and white 'they think it's all over' footage for once and for all and move on.
Same here with the whole 74 thing. Wasn't that the tournament in which Australia last qualified, finished fourth out of four in their group and did not score a single goal?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:50 am
Australia's Doorman

Same here with the whole 74 thing. Wasn't that the tournament in which Australia last qualified, finished fourth out of four in their group and did not score a single goal?
How many tournaments have England won since 1966?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:05 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Australia 1-0.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:06 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Socceroos......Soccerwho?
Its something to do with a round ball i think

From someone who thought it had been played already I reckon the Aussies are gonna get stuffed. From someone who knows nothing about soccer and is sick of enthusiastic Aussies asking me who i'm supporting, errrm arn't Japan like a crap team anyway and if so why are the Aussies being so smug?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:09 am
Banned

How many tournaments have England won since 1966?
The same amount of tournaments as the rest of the footballing world, including your beloved Australia.
I am not counting wins against the Solomon Islands here though!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:20 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

The same amount of tournaments as the rest of the footballing world, including your beloved Australia.
I am not counting wins against the Solomon Islands here though!
hiddink will get chipperfield or grella to sit on kaka (literally i reckon) - then theres just the other 9 to worry about....and noones really mentioned robhino who is top top player!

personally i would love it it aus win 2-1 or 1-0, but be well chuffed if they get a draw
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:21 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

And full time Australia 1 Brazil 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.