Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many emails before you take the hint?

How many emails before you take the hint?

Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:44 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many emails before you take the hint?

Originally Posted by Pants
Well I just wanted to say you don't have to live in Oz to be "forgotten".

We have been back from Oz for 3 years now and I think I get less contact now then when I lived in Oz. It seems people are just far too busy to call or chat nowadays...and that includes family !!!

Still if we ever come back to Oz I know I have no worries in leaving peeps behind.!!

Barrrrrrrrrr humbuggggggggg.....
'lo Pants... How's the babe?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:53 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Yes, but a little part of me is saying that we were the ones who took the steps to leave the country and therefore, our families and friends.
We do our best to keep up and accomodate them, but phoning Australia and emailing on top of normal life is harder than just getting together for dinner occasionally or meeting for a coffee....

I don't really blame people for not keeping in touch... I didn't have a huge amount of really close friends in the UK anyway, although a hell of a lot of acquaintences... only three close close friends... One keeps in touch, the other has moved to Germany and is taken up with all that entails and the third had her third child.
With all these people, I email occasionally yet I know that we had the sort of relationship where if we meet up again, it will be like it was when I lived over there.

People who you can catch up with in an instant and who you care more about than feeling miffed about emails... those are the sort of friends that are priceless imo.
I can dig where your jive is at sister but how hard is it to send an email? It doesn't take that long and it would mean the world to the recipient. I know because I do it for them.

I know what you're saying about coordinating time zones for a phone call but even that's not hard to do once you've got that little hurdle over with. Just sit yourself down with your favourite beverage and dial those extra few digits. The cost will probably be cheaper than a local call anyway.

For all my bluster about 'eff them and their laziness', I too don't really blame them. Life's too short. I will continue to churn out the links to my latest diary entry and latest snapshots.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:10 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The OH
Too right, not going to bother with some rellies next year and if it wasn't for my Gertie ringing her folks, then we may as well be in Timberflucktau[sp]

Then find out from my Daughter that my Father is spending Christmas in the Gloucester outback, fair enuff, thanks for letting me know NOT

You can choose your friends but.....

PHOOK IT!!!
Man its sad but bloody all too true.

Had an evening of consoling the missus.

which gives me an idea... for a thread
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:14 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
[FONT="Tahoma"]I can dig where your jive is at sister.....
Can you let me know where it's at? I misplaced it earlier today and haven't found it yet.

I will continue to churn out the links to my latest diary entry and latest snapshots.
And we will continue to read....
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:39 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
'lo Pants... How's the babe?
Maybe thats it eh hun, maybe I am just a moody mummy now suffering from sleepless nights still due to coughs, colds, teething...!!!one cough after another.....eeekkkkkkk but apart from that he is fine....just into EVERYTHING !!

I recently went into hospital to have a lump removed and my sister who knewabout this and all the worry I have been through, phoned to leave a message the day before I went in to tell me she would be too busy to call later and wish me luck, so she didn't even wish me luck on the message..!!

It then took her 3 days after my op to call and that was mainly due to the fact she wanted to know if her kids and her could come up for the day as her other half was doing the kitchen. !!
My so called best mate sent me an email asking me how it went...why didn't she call?? surely quicker..!! see I told you I am a moooooodyyyyy mother !! whinge whinge moan moan...I just think the art of chatting on the phone has been lost..!! boo booo.....
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe thats it eh hun, maybe I am just a moody mummy now suffering from sleepless nights still due to coughs, colds, teething...!!!one cough after another.....eeekkkkkkk but apart from that he is fine....just into EVERYTHING !!

I recently went into hospital to have a lump removed and my sister who knewabout this and all the worry I have been through, phoned to leave a message the day before I went in to tell me she would be too busy to call later and wish me luck, so she didn't even wish me luck on the message..!!

It then took her 3 days after my op to call and that was mainly due to the fact she wanted to know if her kids and her could come up for the day as her other half was doing the kitchen. !!
My so called best mate sent me an email asking me how it went...why didn't she call?? surely quicker..!! see I told you I am a moooooodyyyyy mother !! whinge whinge moan moan...I just think the art of chatting on the phone has been lost..!! boo booo.....

Shouldn't this post be in the MBTTUK forum ?

Hello P.

I hope your worries are just that.....only worries.
You're a lovely lady about that I am completely sure and it's those other people who are missing out. Sod em
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:02 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Hello P.

You're a lovely lady about that I am completely sure and it's those other people who are missing out. Sod em
hello you cheeky man...MBTTUK ???? not me...!!!

Yes all ok here Bixy babes, waiting for results from op.!!

I know I am just whinging Bix....I just feel a bit let down by the people I thought cared!!still not going to let that ruin my days !!

Hows u cheeky chappie? and the lovely Bix da boss??
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

hello you cheeky man...MBTTUK ???? not me...!!!

Yes all ok here Bixy babes, waiting for results from op.!!

I know I am just whinging Bix....I just feel a bit let down by the people I thought cared!!still not going to let that ruin my days !!

Hows u cheeky chappie? and the lovely Bix da boss??
Good luck for a positive outcome

Disappointments are largely caused by our own expectations both of how we would like things to be and of how others should act. Unfortunately things are not always that way and others see things differently. The answer of course is to set your expectation at a low level and be pleasantly surprised, or at least satisfied, when they do come through in a positive nature. If only we could all do that we would get less stressed and whingey. Call it self preservation.

For what it's worth I agree with you; complete arsehole behaviour.

Me and she are very well thanks.....living the life in Cairns.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Its actually good to know that we're not the only ones that always seem to do the emailing/writing or phoning the uk, sent loads of xmas cards back to the UK this year and got about 4 back. (miserable gits!)
Spoke to one of the few people that do keep in touch and even call us occasionally who said a number of ppl had asked for our address, as they're wanting to come for a holiday, looking forward to giving them a list of local hotels

Maria
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:35 pm
Live the moment

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
Its actually good to know that we're not the only ones that always seem to do the emailing/writing or phoning the uk, sent loads of xmas cards back to the UK this year and got about 4 back. (miserable gits!)
Spoke to one of the few people that do keep in touch and even call us occasionally who said a number of ppl had asked for our address, as they're wanting to come for a holiday, looking forward to giving them a list of local hotels

Maria
lol..nice one with the hotel idea..!!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:37 pm
Live the moment

Originally Posted by Bix
Good luck for a positive outcome

Disappointments are largely caused by our own expectations both of how we would like things to be and of how others should act. Unfortunately things are not always that way and others see things differently. The answer of course is to set your expectation at a low level and be pleasantly surprised, or at least satisfied, when they do come through in a positive nature. If only we could all do that we would get less stressed and whingey. Call it self preservation.

For what it's worth I agree with you; complete arsehole behaviour.

Me and she are very well thanks.....living the life in Cairns.

Ok wise one....yes I know I expect the same as what I would do so you are right I shouldn't have expectations..ho hum..!!

Glad you and BIx da boss are happy. I did read her update, very good post !

Chat soon

Grrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

x
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:01 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix

Hello P.

Hi Pants

I will second that, you are a FANTASTIC lady, miss seeing you at the school gate!! Sounds to me like you need to be moving back to Oz sooner rather than later!!

Love Suzie xx
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:08 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eddie007
I think I might turn into one of those people who sends a yearly christmas card from and that is it....

Face looks bovered?

yes
We moved to Adelaide Feb 2007, so not even a year ago, BUT this year i thought I would send cards back and do a sheet with photos of the kids on and "Our News" took me bloody hours to put it together, as not to speedy at things like that, anyway went to the post office, worked out I sent 48 cards and 2 very small parcels, nearly passed out when postie man told me cost of just under $70!!

Now I am a giver in life rather than a taker (no rude comments please!!) so I did expect a little more than just 5 bloody cards back!! Thats all we got, FIVE cards back, out of 48, JUST FIVE CARDS!!! Now as you can see I am not bitter about it, because next year, I will only be sending FIVE cards back to the UK!! So will save me a fortune!!

As for phone calls and replies to emails, dont even get me started on that!! Needless to say we have been extreamly lucky and met a fantastic bunch of new mates here in Oz, so I guess as they say its onwards and upwards for us!!

As for those sad buggers back in the UK, they can keep their bloody christmas cards and well I hope they are freezing cold, feeling grumpy and depressed as another year is about to kickin and their boring little lives are nothing compared to our great ones here in Oz!!

Right where is my glass of wine??
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:09 pm
A Returning Member!!

Originally Posted by seanandmaria

Maria
Think I will be doing the same to!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:23 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi a lot of our friends and family are like that, and we havent even moved yet If it wasnt for us ringing or visiting, we probably would nt see anyone. At least we will be prepared for when we do move. Ive now started to think phook em too

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.