Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many emails before you take the hint?

How many emails before you take the hint?

Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:10 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many emails before you take the hint?

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Buggar! Never seem to get the `quote` thing right.
You cut the [ / quote ] off the end.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Also don`t forget as you move on in life different things happen and you have less in common with some friends and more in common perhaps with new friends .This would happen wherevere you are- and is all part of the rich tapestry of life!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
You cut the [ / quote ] off the end.
This may be better. Thanks.
I`ve been on here all day with the children & various friends racing half naked around garden with water baloons .Now OH is on way home so I`d better start to look as if i`ve been busy today and get dinner on!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:17 am

Also don`t forget as you move on in life different things happen and you have less in common with some friends and more in common perhaps with new friends .This would happen wherevere you are- and is all part of the rich tapestry of life!!!!!
The friend of 7 years was in Sydney for the cricket last Christmas too... Sent her a txt... nothing.
No contact whatsoever.

Nice, eh?

I imagine she'll email us when she wants accomodation. I shall have great pleasure saying no.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Cold turkey anyone? This`ll be the last turkey based meal `till Easter .Hooray!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:18 am

This may be better. Thanks.
I`ve been on here all day with the children & various friends racing half naked around garden with water baloons .Now OH is on way home so I`d better start to look as if i`ve been busy today and get dinner on!!!!!!!!!!!
Hop to it. I won't tell.

Nice chatting.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

The friend of 7 years was in Sydney for the cricket last Christmas too... Sent her a txt... nothing.
No contact whatsoever.

Nice, eh?

I imagine she'll email us when she wants accomodation. I shall have great pleasure saying no.
Absolutely!
I`m sure that we`ll be asked for accomodation many times now that we`re settled. I have strict criteria as to who may stay and who may fork out for hotel.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:24 am
skye

Cold turkey anyone? This`ll be the last turkey based meal `till Easter .Hooray!
Yes please...... now on day 3 on my own as OH working, great first christmas in Oz this has been! and on the note of the thread - sister called on xmas day and said 'call me back its too expensive to call you!' - and its free from oz isnt it!! NOT!

Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:26 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Pisses you off huh !!!PHUKEM
Too right, not going to bother with some rellies next year and if it wasn't for my Gertie ringing her folks, then we may as well be in Timberflucktau[sp]

Then find out from my Daughter that my Father is spending Christmas in the Gloucester outback, fair enuff, thanks for letting me know NOT

You can choose your friends but.....

PHOOK IT!!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:07 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My sister rang christmas morning and I told her about my eldest's diagnosis of epilepsy
Sorry to hear that Pen.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:10 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

People who you can catch up with in an instant and who you care more about than feeling miffed about emails... those are the sort of friends that are priceless imo.
That's how I feel about my brother and sister. My bro has called once and my sister not at all, but hey ho, they're still my family and I love them no less. I just wish they'd make a little more effort.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a text a few months back from very very good friend to say that her husband had been in Sydney on business for a week and how much he'd enjoyed it. Well thanks for telling us before hand, we might have been able to sort something out.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Sorry to hear that Pen.
Oh bugger.

Mind, I think it's like most things and comes in varying degrees so here's hoping it's slight for her Pen.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh bugger.

Mind, I think it's like most things and comes in varying degrees so here's hoping it's slight for her Pen.
She's on drugs for her foreseeable life so let's hope the seizures are non existent Hubby gets the joyful job of waking her at 6am every morning to take the first tablet of the day
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:31 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just wanted to say you don't have to live in Oz to be "forgotten".

We have been back from Oz for 3 years now and I think I get less contact now then when I lived in Oz. It seems people are just far too busy to call or chat nowadays...and that includes family !!!

Still if we ever come back to Oz I know I have no worries in leaving peeps behind.!!

Barrrrrrrrrr humbuggggggggg.....

Last edited by Pants; Dec 27th 2007 at 7:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.