Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight
Absolutely shite. I am sick of the teens and the shit they give me and I'm sick of the old man who never backs me up and thinks a bottle of wine has all the answers, for him not me. I could quite easily runaway and if I had somewhere to go I would. I just feel so defeated and miserable.

The teen years are bloody hard work. They can be Selfish, rude, angry and the way they think you are a idiot. Lovely.

Yep and my partner often didnt back me up, he wanted to look like the great guy while I had to deal with it.

In the end I joined a lovely gym, went to yoga, pilates 5 times a week. If they started up I would grab the yoga mat and leave them to it
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The teen years are bloody hard work. They can be Selfish, rude, angry and the way they think you are a idiot. Lovely.

Yep and my partner often didnt back me up, he wanted to look like the great guy while I had to deal with it.

In the end I joined a lovely gym, went to yoga, pilates 5 times a week. If they started up I would grab the yoga mat and leave them to it
Teens were/are a breeze. Early 20s? Not so much! Mind you mine didn't have terrible twos, more like feral fours
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:56 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Teens were/are a breeze. Early 20s? Not so much! Mind you mine didn't have terrible twos, more like feral fours
I hope you're joking.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 3:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I hope you're joking.
I wish! First Born has caused me more mental grief in the past two years than all the previous 20 years put together. However she was a fricking awesome baby/child/teen so that's not hard.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 3:22 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I wish! First Born has caused me more mental grief in the past two years than all the previous 20 years put together. However she was a fricking awesome baby/child/teen so that's not hard.
Wow, that's tough. Hang in there.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, thats exactly why I'm doing a red rodger ..... It'll probably cost me a flat deposit for my Youngest though....We'll be selling everything and going on the road for a year at least... Circa 3 to 6 years away now

Done our bit, parents without extended family relief for 32 years almost now.

Todays skirmish between the siblings was over headphone buds..... lots of screaming, and agro, with very little outcome.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 22nd 2014 at 4:27 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 4:34 am
Not actually a squirrel

Our trouble today is a smashed iphone screen and who is to blame and who should pay to replace.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Our trouble today is a smashed iphone screen and who is to blame and who should pay to replace.
I think we've had that one.... Just goes around and around doesn't it, All you can do is laugh at the end of the day.

I bet this Teen and older kid issue causes a hell of a lot of split ups. Even we have differences over this teen stuff. Still, thats why I came up with the carrot of hitting the road and a permanent holiday at end of teen years.

I'm orf to let steam off at the Melbourne Victory game.... I may be shouting a bit louder than ususal today, wifes out and I've dealt with the kids on my lonesome.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Eldest now 16 and we are entering our 3rd year of hell! I am hoping youngest is watching and learning how not to upset her mother!
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Youngest is now 17 1/2. We're into our 18th year of hell. (He was difficult as a baby and got more difficult every year) The last 5 years or so have been very difficult with the last 3 being the worst years of my life. Like Daisy I have a husband who has a difficult time being a bad guy so leaves the discipline and tough decisions to me then doesn't back them up.

Sorry you're still going through a tough time C.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:31 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Youngest is now 17 1/2. We're into our 18th year of hell. (He was difficult as a baby and got more difficult every year) The last 5 years or so have been very difficult with the last 3 being the worst years of my life. Like Daisy I have a husband who has a difficult time being a bad guy so leaves the discipline and tough decisions to me then doesn't back them up.

Sorry you're still going through a tough time C.
Did I read somewhere that you are headed to Canada or the Northern US this summer? Is a boot camp sign up too late?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Did I read somewhere that you are headed to Canada or the Northern US this summer? Is a boot camp sign up too late?
Yes and yes. My husband daughter and I are going. My son is not. He's not likely admissible to the US, so boot camp there is not possible. Besides, he doesn't live with us (chose his meth head friends and junkie girlfriend instead when he got out of prison last time).
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 11:22 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Nine year olds should not be drinking
Yeh but house rules.

I should and AM be drinking ... a camera memory card full of, er, memories and a load of happy kids asleep.

Don't get better despite my dodgy Egyptian costume.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 11:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yeh but house rules.

I should and AM be drinking ... a camera memory card full of, er, memories and a load of happy kids asleep.

Don't get better despite my dodgy Egyptian costume.
Where's the photos of that then?
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Eldest now 16 and we are entering our 3rd year of hell! I am hoping youngest is watching and learning how not to upset her mother!
Yep I'm with you there it's hard work!

I have my youngest in Germany on a school trip at the moment and I'm really missing him but not the rows he has with his brother.

What I want to know is when do they get easier?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.