Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Got the all clear from the colonoscopy - next one in 5 years due to family history.

Great news Sam.xxx
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Oh Fari, I'm so sorry to hear all of that. It is very hard on the whole family at times like this. I hope that both your daughter can get the help she needs - teenage years are the most difficult. Is there anywhere you can turn to for support for both of you?

Wendy x
Tnx Wendy, it's having Easter holiday bang in the middle doesn't help to get all the help we need sooner.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Fari, if you need to chat, please call. (((((hugs))))

Cheetah, glad the colonoscopy was clear.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:46 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Almost in the final week

Last shift at work tomorrow night so better get the cakes in.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:56 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Cheetah

Farideh, I really hope you are able to get the help for your daughter as soon as possible ((()))

Sparkles....not long now. Looking forward to meeting you properly
Old Mar 29th 2013, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Sparkles...better get your cheek muscles in training- when we arrived I couldn't stop smiling, and after a while it really hurt!!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 10:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Good news for you Sam.

OS, I'll have to make sure to meet up with you next time I'm in Adelaide. I think Rasen can vouch for the fact I'm not some weird fat bloke hiding behind a middle aged lady's persona on the 'net.

And Farideh, I really wish you the best of luck getting the help your daughter needs. It's a very scary and lonely road dealing with a teen with mental health issues, but there is help out there. Keep pushing and don't let the professionals fob you off. Your daughter and just as importantly you need help dealing with all of this. You can ask for counselling sessions from your GP for yourself to help you deal with what's going on as well - IIRC you are entitled to 6 sessions covered by Medicare, then more if the GP feels you need more. Your daughter is also entitled to the same. Please take advantage of the opportunity.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:15 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Good news for you Sam.

OS, I'll have to make sure to meet up with you next time I'm in Adelaide. I think Rasen can vouch for the fact I'm not some weird fat bloke hiding behind a middle aged lady's persona on the 'net.

And Farideh, I really wish you the best of luck getting the help your daughter needs. It's a very scary and lonely road dealing with a teen with mental health issues, but there is help out there. Keep pushing and don't let the professionals fob you off. Your daughter and just as importantly you need help dealing with all of this. You can ask for counselling sessions from your GP for yourself to help you deal with what's going on as well - IIRC you are entitled to 6 sessions covered by Medicare, then more if the GP feels you need more. Your daughter is also entitled to the same. Please take advantage of the opportunity.
What's it worth
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There's a coincidence....

Prominent Australian Entertainer arrested.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226608965017
Old Mar 30th 2013, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
There's a coincidence....

Prominent Australian Entertainer arrested.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226608965017
Kinda feel people are being sucked in to media strategy of making a story before there is one.

Until they are convicted I would rather not know. They have every right to a fair trial. We all have family and its just wrong in my moral book to pre judge.

And its Easter

We should all be thinking about health clubs after this weekend
Old Mar 30th 2013, 6:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Kinda feel people are being sucked in to media strategy of making a story before there is one.

Until they are convicted I would rather not know. They have every right to a fair trial. We all have family and its just wrong in my moral book to pre judge.

And its Easter

We should all be thinking about health clubs after this weekend
I agree.

I am also thinking about health clubs as I have just scoffed two Cadbury's Creme eggs and have a Freddo Easter egg to nosh on tomorrow.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the Easter Bunny's letter is well and truly soggy out in the garden. Better go and get it in a bit.......and then try to explain that he decided to leave them in the house this year as it was wet out.

I object to adopting this ritual. In the UK, we might hide some for fun then give bigger eggs but for the sake of my daughter's classmates we adopted it so she wouldn't blab too much (not known for her tact).

And to top it off. We've been very very restrained this year as we're trying not to spend and my husband has just banned me from the bedroom so I don't see mine. Oh dear. Fail on my part. Although he's a major health freak so my excuse is that he wouldn't want one anyway.........don't think it'll wash though........:-(
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:46 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Well, the Easter Bunny's letter is well and truly soggy out in the garden. Better go and get it in a bit.......and then try to explain that he decided to leave them in the house this year as it was wet out.

I object to adopting this ritual. In the UK, we might hide some for fun then give bigger eggs but for the sake of my daughter's classmates we adopted it so she wouldn't blab too much (not known for her tact).

And to top it off. We've been very very restrained this year as we're trying not to spend and my husband has just banned me from the bedroom so I don't see mine. Oh dear. Fail on my part. Although he's a major health freak so my excuse is that he wouldn't want one anyway.........don't think it'll wash though........:-(
Am wondering how to keep the kids occupied in the morning while the <ahem> Easter Bunny goes and hides the little eggs in the garden and other places. In the UK I would have done it the night before fairly confident they would remain intact. Here, ants, magpies and possibly a possum or two may claim them overnight

Am contemplating testing mine. I bought a little set of 3 eggs with mint, chilli and orange...
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Am wondering how to keep the kids occupied in the morning while the <ahem> Easter Bunny goes and hides the little eggs in the garden and other places. In the UK I would have done it the night before fairly confident they would remain intact. Here, ants, magpies and possibly a possum or two may claim them overnight

Am contemplating testing mine. I bought a little set of 3 eggs with mint, chilli and orange...
Are you planning to fill them up on chocolate now, so they don't eat the arriving UK choccies and there's more for you

We don't do easter eggs as neither of us eat them (which is bad woking in a choccy factory ). The young spark has a new game to keep him happy and my little Haribo has a big easter bunny teddy

Shall spend the day with my daughter tomorrow car booting, and we have Harry's first birthday this week too
Old Mar 30th 2013, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Good news for you Sam.

Tnx for the info Dorothy, Tuseday will be very busy day for her, but today went without any incident, I think all that walking in the city made her very tired, I'm so tired can't move any more, two more days to plan full days away from the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.