Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:32 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Flights booked for Sat night. Had an update from the brother; along with the rest of the shit she has cancer of the bladder and somewhere else. Not prepared to operate and she could last three months, could be three days. *****. She'd better last till we get there or I'll be really pissed.
I can just imagine she'd deliberately kark it just before you get there, just to teach you a lesson.

Safe trip back, Penny, hope you make it in time - and if you don't, at least you'll be there to get and give support and help to your brother and other family x x x
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Had the call. Looks like a short and not too sweet trip back to the UK is happening in the next week. The mother, who's been in perfect mental and physical health in the past 88 years now has heart and liver failure, possibly has Pancreatitis and has gone downhill fricking fast in the past 48 hours. She's not my favourite person by any stretch of the imagination but she is the mother so there is some love hidden somewhere.
Hugs to you my dear, safe trip xx
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:44 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs MP Xx
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Flights booked for Sat night. Had an update from the brother; along with the rest of the shit she has cancer of the bladder and somewhere else. Not prepared to operate and she could last three months, could be three days. *****. She'd better last till we get there or I'll be really pissed.
Have a safe trip back, Penny.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Everything okay?
nope the story goes that 3 years ago when my daughter (14) complained about her acne & they were bad & at that age girls are we are aware their self image we took her to our GP, who refer her to the dermatologist dept at RBH, over there they told us that there is this new drug which totally brilliant which has helped millions of teenagers around the world to get rid of their acne's & we know all its side effects & we keep an eye on her so everything is monitor.
so they put her on these drugs called Roacant, she was on it only for a few weeks when the side effects started which we knew like dry skin & lips & hand also her acnes started to improve drastically so we were happy that things were working for her.
then 2 months after taking this drug she started to get violent headaches took her back to the GP who send her for blood test the result was normal, GP said its not this drug we never been told you get bad headaches.
So off I took her to the optician & while he was examining her eyes he said he cant find anything wrong with her vision but her optic disc so swollen up & he doesn't know why he is going to refer her to the eye hospital at RB.
now cut the long story short they found out that the tablet for acne has cause her to have Intracranial Hypertension & there is no cure.
so every few months she goes to eye hospital to measure the pressure on her optic disc & the neurologist is the one who prescribe the drugs to help her lower the pressure.
so 6 months ago her medication was changed because the last one wasnt helping her with the headaches, so they told us even thought she doesn't suffer from epilepsy, she needs to go on this drug to help her with the pressure.
well recently she was very depress & had outburst always very angry but we put it to her doing year 12 pressure & of course her headaches, hormones and more acnes, never ever thought its the bloody drugs has cause her to be so depress, after one her huge arguments last weekend she told us how much she hates everything & she is trying to kill herself & been self harming herself , she was send to the mental unit at the local hospital & was on Suicide watch, she has been send home, because the hospital only keep teenagers for 48 hours & they cant even prescribe any antidepressant tablets unless its all been checked by the neurologist, we don't know wether we should stop giving her this medications, we have had to suddenly lock away everything that can cause her to kill herself, we have found that she goes to the site called tmbler or something where all these teenagers been comparing notes how to self harm yourself how to fake smile wtf, in her draw we found sandwich bag with at least 50 or 60 paracetamol & Stanley knife where she is using to cut herself, the doctor at the hospital said its all on upper legs where you wouldn't see it as parents, that's what my last few days been like shit.
I feel how we didn't see the extant of her depression, where do we go from here I don't know.

Last edited by chris and farideh; Mar 29th 2013 at 3:23 am.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 6:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
nope the story goes that 3 years ago when my daughter (14) complained about her acne & they were bad & at that age girls are we are aware their self image we took her to our GP, who refer her to the dermatologist dept at RBH, over there they told us that there is this new drug which totally brilliant which has helped millions of teenagers around the world to get rid of their acne's & we know all its side effects & we keep an eye on her so everything is monitor.
so they put her on these drugs called Roacant, she was on it only for a few weeks when the side effects started which we knew like dry skin & lips & hand also her acnes started to improve drastically so we were happy that things were working for her.
then 2 months after taking this drug she started to get violent headaches took her back to the GP who send her for blood test the result was normal, GP said its not this drug we never been told you get bad headaches.
So off I took her to the optician & while he was examining her eyes he said he cant find anything wrong with her vision but her optic disc so swollen up & he doesn't know why he is going to refer her to the eye hospital at RB.
now cut the long story short they found out that the tablet for acne has cause her to have Intracranial Hypertension & there is no cure.
so every few months she goes to eye hospital to measure the pressure on her optic disc & the neurologist is the one who prescribe the drugs to help her lower the pressure.
so 6 months ago her medication was changed because the last one wasnt helping her with the headaches, so they told us even thought she doesn't suffer from epilepsy, she needs to go on this drug to help her with the pressure.
well recently she was very depress & had outburst always very angry but we put it to her doing year 12 pressure & of course her headaches, hormones and more acnes, never ever thought its the bloody drugs has cause her to be so depress, after one her huge arguments last weekend she told us how much she hates everything & she is trying to kill herself & been self harming herself , she was send to the mental unit at the local hospital & was on Suicide watch, she has been send home, because the hospital only keep teenagers for 48 hours & they cant even prescribe any antidepressant tablets unless its all been checked by the neurologist, we don't know wether we should stop giving her this medications, we have had to suddenly lock away everything that can cause her to kill herself, we have found that she goes to the site called tmbler or something where all these teenagers been comparing notes how to self harm yourself how to fake smile wtf, in her draw we found sandwich bag with at least 50 or 60 paracetamol & Stanley knife where she is using to cut herself, the doctor at the hospital said its all on upper legs where you wouldn't see it as parents, that's what my last few days been like shit.
I feel how we didn't see the extant of her depression, where do we go from here I don't know.
Oh Fari, I'm so sorry to hear all of that. It is very hard on the whole family at times like this. I hope that both your daughter can get the help she needs - teenage years are the most difficult. Is there anywhere you can turn to for support for both of you?

Wendy x
Old Mar 29th 2013, 6:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this Farideh. It is a massive problem amongst teenage girls and I have had a lot of exposure to this over the last 12 months. Kids are very good at hiding things when they want to. I hate Tumblr website, it is disgusting and the things I have seen on there are despicable, and all can be done anonymously which is heartbreaking for these kids.

Firstly although she has been to the hospital I would take her to see your family GP, together. Explain what has happened and ask for a psych referral.

http://www.lifeline.org.au is an excellent organisation which offers support for the whole family.

My thoughts are with you all.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:20 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Fari, I'm so sorry to read this.

I used to mod teen boards in the UK and had to deal with teens suffering from depression and who saw cutting as their only release. There were lots of organisations there that could help both with teen depression and self harming (I wish I still had all those links) - I'm sure there are similar organisations here in Australia who can give you and your family the support you need.

Here are some websites which will give you links to help:

What is self harm

Self Harm Help

Teen Depression (this is an American site so the numbers aren't relevant but the information is)

There is information here for both you and your daughter if she's willing to read it. Please don't blame yourself, however easy that may seem.

Good luck to you all.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:32 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Got the all clear from the colonoscopy - next one in 5 years due to family history.

Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
So sorry to hear this Farideh. It is a massive problem amongst teenage girls and I have had a lot of exposure to this over the last 12 months. Kids are very good at hiding things when they want to. I hate Tumblr website, it is disgusting and the things I have seen on there are despicable, and all can be done anonymously which is heartbreaking for these kids.

Firstly although she has been to the hospital I would take her to see your family GP, together. Explain what has happened and ask for a psych referral.

http://www.lifeline.org.au is an excellent organisation which offers support for the whole family.

Ive heard of Tumblr but never been on it, is it like Facebook? I remember you saying one of your girls was getting bullied via that website.

It seems to me that teens go through much harder times than in 'our day', or was it just talked about I wonder. Mind you, the access to computers, mobile phones/videos/internet can make bullying seem a lot worse.

Either way it is so sad when a kid feels that bad about themselves they want to end their life.

Thinking of you Farideh. xxx
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Got the all clear from the colonoscopy - next one in 5 years due to family history.

Amidst the sad news from other posters, I'm glad to hear you got the all-clear.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:14 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird

The GP was very supportive it was the very first time we saw her as her regular GP was away, she was the one who refer us to the hospital initially, it was from there that we got see the psychologist where they gave us the list of who we need to get invlove in her case, like school councillor as my daughter would need to have a safety net if things get too much for her where she could go to in case having to hurt herself.
on Tuseday she is seeing private pyschologist, where I have to pick her referral letter & case history from the GP.
We also send an email to her neurologist at lunch time today to inform him of the medication he has put her on has cause her to have all whats been happening to her.
He called us today saying he never had any patient having that's sort of side effect from this drug, but the side effect are what this medication could do & thats my DD is experiencing is exact to what happening to her, he said he is happy for us to stop the medication, but our problem is the pressure level if it goes up behind her optic disc & not controlled unfortantally it can burst, what a mess, to stop her from killing herself or stop the medication that could kill her without it.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ive heard of Tumblr but never been on it, is it like Facebook? I remember you saying one of your girls was getting bullied via that website.

It seems to me that teens go through much harder times than in 'our day', or was it just talked about I wonder. Mind you, the access to computers, mobile phones/videos/internet can make bullying seem a lot worse.

Either way it is so sad when a kid feels that bad about themselves they want to end their life.

Thinking of you Farideh. xxx

I didn't know either OMG what scary place that tmbler is specially some of the links she looked at, or they calling it Blogs, but its not what we thought it meant. it made me wanted to kill myself too, it was too graphic & disturbing I don't why these websites don't have any kind of policing we have police to protect us against others who can harm us in real life, why can't there be such thing for Internet websites, but as the councillor at the hospital was telling us, this is just a tip of iceberg there are so many sites that they don't even know of, he said it even make their jobs harder to help young people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.