Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Well, after waiting in a long queue for nearly 1.5 hours with no water or food, I was called to the booth to have my documents checked- only to have some indian looking guy push in front of me and take my place. Turns out he was in the wrong building! After another 10 mins delay, I was processed and went for my test. Lo and behold- computer problems. Then someone tried to take the test before they had been processed, so there was another delay whilst she was taken off the computer and sent to join the queue. Several people lost their tempers as staff went off to lunch, leaving only 2 people to process a whole room of increasingly annoyed applicants- and it was suprising how many just didn't do their forms correctly.

Anyway- once I finally got onto a working computer I whizzed through the test in under 3 mins- and got 100%

Then the computer failed to submit it. Cue more fiddling about, until they finally found the result on one system but not the other.

So, 2 of us down and just DD to go. They said get it in asap as there is a 6 month wait between inteview and ceremony.

Oh, and I got home to find an any invasion in the kitchen. Dang.
Congratulations on the test - knew you'd be fine
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Congratulations on the test - knew you'd be fine
Thanks- that should have read ant invasion, not any invasion- my brain is dead and my fingers swollen in the heat. Can't get my rings off!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks- that should have read ant invasion, not any invasion- my brain is dead and my fingers swollen in the heat. Can't get my rings off!
I sort of guessed the ants

How do you get rid of them?
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of guessed the ants

How do you get rid of them?
Spray them, use ant rid, and a borax and sugar mix to kill the nest. Trouble is, there are always more. One has just run over my arm while sitting here, so it is now squashed and I've got to go outside to find where they are coming from.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:55 am

Spray them, use ant rid, and a borax and sugar mix to kill the nest. Trouble is, there are always more. One has just run over my arm while sitting here, so it is now squashed and I've got to go outside to find where they are coming from.
Guess I'm gonna have to learn these things - don't really get ants round here
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:52 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on passing your test Caroline!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Caroline for passing your test.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OH came home with a bunch of lillies and, more importantly, a bag of Cadbury's mini eggs!

Today I have to take the car to have its wobbly brakes fixed and also for a service. Cost about $1000 and a whole day spent wandering around Warringah mall. Hey ho. Better get a wiggle on, as I've got to be there in 40 mins.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:41 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Delivery from Next with some work shoes and tops. Thought I'd ordered a pair of trousers too, but apparently not Need to return some items but didn't realise you have to pay the return postage

Late night for both LOs as DS is at Cubs till 8.30 and as ROMFT is on a jolly in Melbourne, DD has to stay up to come with me to pick DS up

Knocked a brand new bottle of soy sauce out of the larder, which smashed all over the floor

Was hoping to get a 2 day stay in Sydney next week with work, but now not happening

I've run out of chocolate

And wine

But there is beer
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:47 am

Choccies arriving in 6 weeks with the duty free

You'll have to have a jolly when ROMFT gets back and leave him in charge for a few days
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:33 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Choccies arriving in 6 weeks with the duty free

You'll have to have a jolly when ROMFT gets back and leave him in charge for a few days
6 weeks Where did that time go?

Been trying to do that for years

Am thinking a bus tour of the wineries might be in order though
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by rasen78
6 weeks Where did that time go?

Been trying to do that for years

Am thinking a bus tour of the wineries might be in order though
The wine tour sounds like a plan - we'll get the kids of all sizes (which includes ROMFT of course) to stay home and we'll enjoy the 'scenery'
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Last night I'd just gone to bed and was nearly asleep when there was a flash and a bang outside, and all the lights in the street went out. Some hoon had raced up our road straight into the power pole! Cue the emergency services to rescue trapped hoon from car, and an impromptu neighbourhood meeting by torchlight- in the rain of course. Got to go out in my nightie, boots and coat to sort out the pool macinery at 11pm when the power came back on 2 hours later. Whooppee!

Thumbs up to the firemen, SES and the electric guys for fixing it so quickly. This morning I've got to adjust all the clocks again!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 10:45 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Just changed my cricket bat grip thanks to YouTube and a plastic bag, my day is looking up.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:36 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic, still in Stone Roses heaven after the Riverstage gig last night, woke up with them still blasting in me head.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.