Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
As yesterday was very nearly my last day in this life,today is a blessing and the air smells good
Mod Heaven ain't ready for you yet
Old Feb 12th 2013, 8:33 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
......so perhaps I'm not really a hypochodriac, just stupid?

That last question was definitely rhetorical.
D'oh! .... and I was all geared up to share my thoughts! Man I hate rhetorical questions

I am tired. Plenty of drama here, but doesn't directly involve me so that's a good thing but means for a change I get to be the person to listen and advise where I can, instead of being the big drip blubbing away.

Apart from that life plods on with a mixture of financial worries and lots of giggles with my girly and DestructoPup. The first bit I could do without, the second I could not.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:10 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag

Apart from that life plods on with a mixture of financial worries and lots of giggles with my girly and DestructoPup. The first bit I could do without, the second I could not.
Did you manage to resolve the situation with DestructoPup and your neighbours, SOB?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 4:53 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Did you manage to resolve the situation with DestructoPup and your neighbours, SOB?
What a fine memory you have! Yes the situation has been resolved and peace reigns supreme without dog or neighbour having been murdered!

A vet said that it sounded as if the dog was getting stressed at night with the responsibility of looking after the property. She suggested that we put her in a zippable covered in crate at night so that she would feel more secure and not feel as if she had any responsibility. That's what we've done and it seems to have worked! DestructoPup seems happy enough with the arrangement as she doesn't fight going into it at night and often sleeps in it during the day. The vet had just reminded me that dogs are den animals and so small fairly confined areas suit their nature. So all is well that ends well ....... for now anyway
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:21 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

We went out for a lovely Thai meal last night - came home to discover Skankcat had crapped on the sofa.

Again.

I've honestly never known a more disgustingly filthy cat in my entire life.

Mind you, the dogs love him - no having to root through the litter tray for tender morsels, he does it right there for them, sort of like having a home delivery of food.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:48 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

We went out for a lovely Thai meal last night - came home to discover Skankcat had crapped on the sofa.

Again.

Mind you, the dogs love him - no having to root through the litter tray for tender morsels, he does it right there for them, sort of like having a home delivery of food.
Thank you - it's cold and horrible here and you have just given me the biggest giggle
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Again.

Old Feb 17th 2013, 1:39 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Again.

Could be worse at least its not horse meat
Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Today I'm recovering from yesterday.....too much adrenaline and caffeine.
DD has swum her last 100m back and breaststroke races. The knee still wasn't right for breast stroke, and she was well off the pace, but at least the pain had gone. Her backstroke was the 3rd fastest she had swum it so the coach was pleased. He told her that she will get a swim at IGSSA- she has to fill several spots, so DD is pretty happy. Now she has to improve her basic legwork and get the strength back. School carnival on Thursday, where she will swim her last 100 free and 200 IM. The 50m form stroke races will indicate how well she may do for IGSSA, though she has another 2.5 weeks to get stronger.

And- OH hasn't had to work this weekend so the lawns have been mown, and now he is putting undercoat onto the study wall where the window was replaced with bricks last year, and onto the kitchen coving so it looks a bit better.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hungover.... Had a great day yesterday, up and down the Yarra on a booze cruise prior to the MV v WSW game. Great food, free flowing booze, lots of dancing and singing.... Now paying for it though. Very close to taking a sickie tonight.

Wondering if wife and I should drive to Gosford still.... We'll be the only ones out of our regular group going is our issue.

Great weather in Melbourne today, and the Garden is looking damn fantastic... even If I so so myself.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 7:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet
Old Feb 17th 2013, 7:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

It's only just started and I'm knackered - having trouble sleeping at the moment Think it's worry that I wont be organised enough when the removals arrive in 11 days time Might seem like enough time, but as I'm still working I only have a few days off left.

I'll be glad when that bits over
Old Feb 17th 2013, 7:58 am
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

Great day, went fishing in the afternoon to a great beach, collected bags and bags of seaweed for the garden, came home and fought off another ant invasion in the kitchen and just cooked crumbed fish, mashed potatoes, peas and garlic bread, now waiting for the sticky date pudding and cream to be ready.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:04 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It's only just started and I'm knackered - having trouble sleeping at the moment Think it's worry that I wont be organised enough when the removals arrive in 11 days time Might seem like enough time, but as I'm still working I only have a few days off left.

I'll be glad when that bits over
Are they doing all the packing? It does make it sooo much easier. Just make sure you securely lock away anything you don't want them to pack
Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by rasen78
Are they doing all the packing? It does make it sooo much easier. Just make sure you securely lock away anything you don't want them to pack
I have some bits to dismantle - the worst of which will be the young sparks bed :9

It looks really nice when it's all assembled but actually had nearly 100 pieces when I put it together

And although they are packing - trying to sort everything out and worrying if I've forgotten anything - roll on 2nd march And even better 6th April

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.