Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:24 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Why don't you experiment????

Not sure I've seen dark choc maltesers.
OK, so you should get the maltesers, roll them in melted dark chocolate, then roll them in ground hazelnut meal, then let that set. Then, roll them in more melted dark chocolate (this layer of chocolate mixed with cherry brandy) then you roll them in chunkier bits of hazelnut to stick to the cherry brandy flavoured choc coating. Possibly you then serve these with brandy balloons filled with good red wine and a side plate of cheese... maybe a triple cream brie and a nice creamy blue.

I hate dieting.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Air con? Luxury item for the overly pampered.

Unless in a car, then essential ....

Been keeping our LG going for 7 years but it's been an on-going battle (PCB, door handle/sensor, main gasket, etc).

Water economy big on our priorities too, Samsung is favourite if the latest fix is short-lived. Got Appliances Online bookmarked and actually waiting on a (non-washing machine) order right now ...

Energy efficiency savings interesting ... 5 star machine costs megabucks but the actual yearly $ saving is not that great as far as I can make out ...

Off-topic much?
I learned to my cost last weekend that air con is now officially 'my enemy' and will not be used this summer unless absolutely desperate. Dries me out drier than a dry thing.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
OK, so you should get the maltesers, roll them in melted dark chocolate, then roll them in ground hazelnut meal, then let that set. Then, roll them in more melted dark chocolate (this layer of chocolate mixed with cherry brandy) then you roll them in chunkier bits of hazelnut to stick to the cherry brandy flavoured choc coating. Possibly you then serve these with brandy balloons filled with good red wine and a side plate of cheese... maybe a triple cream brie and a nice creamy blue.

I hate dieting.
Drooooooooool!

Sigh. I can't eat maltesers as they have gluten in them.
Haven't had cherry brandy for many years.....
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Drooooooooool!

Sigh. I can't eat maltesers as they have gluten in them.
Haven't had cherry brandy for many years.....
I must say that I do have the odd bit of chocolate - gluten or not, its bread and pasta, cereals that sort of stuff I avoid. Today Mr PP has packed me a home made gluten free chocolate brownie to have with morning coffee.

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I must say that I do have the odd bit of chocolate - gluten or not, its bread and pasta, cereals that sort of stuff I avoid. Today Mr PP has packed me a home made gluten free chocolate brownie to have with morning coffee.

nom nom nom!

I have one slice of my banana and walnut bread left, which I'll take out of the freezer so I can have some with a cuppa in a few hour's time. After that it is no treats until 8th Dec. when my oven will be working again- I hope.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:18 am

Just had the lady from my agency call into my office with my boss and someone from HR, I thought I was in trouble initially (writing my stories in my lunch break ) but they said I have won the 'temp of the month' award for my hard work and good feedback from the boss and I got a big bunch of flowers.

So pleased, it made my day.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:55 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had the lady from my agency call into my office with my boss and someone from HR, I thought I was in trouble initially (writing my stories in my lunch break ) but they said I have won the 'temp of the month' award for my hard work and good feedback from the boss and I got a big bunch of flowers.

So pleased, it made my day.
Aww that's lovely Cheetah. Nice when your hard work gets recognised
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How lovely- what a great suprise!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Took an early mark from work, coz I was beyond knackered then sent home from the gym by my sports therapist coz I'm not good enough ..... Back to the hydrotherapy tomorrow and no more gym til further notice....

And I got bitten by a bloody ant on the train home.... Where the fluck did THAT come from?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
Took an early mark from work, coz I was beyond knackered then sent home from the gym by my sports therapist coz I'm not good enough ..... Back to the hydrotherapy tomorrow and no more gym til further notice....

And I got bitten by a bloody ant on the train home.... Where the fluck did THAT come from?
Are you still OK to go to work?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

just had first viewing on house after sale stalled. Went back on market on Tuesdayy on the websites, viewing booked yesterday so pretty quick

Just keeping that they like it enough
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:04 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind Eddie,who's going to counsel the Ant
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

The job is the only thing keeping me going ......

Its great, i love it, I love the people.... And the alternative doesnt bare thinking about.... I would internally combust again without it....
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
The job is the only thing keeping me going ......

Its great, i love it, I love the people.... And the alternative doesnt bare thinking about.... I would internally combust again without it....
But physio couldnt make you give it up or go off sick - do you get the overall decision?

I dont blame you, having a job you love - you have to protect it at all costs. Some days I have to force myself out of bed as I feel so shite and it takes a couple of hours to feel better but just something I push myself to do.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Really good actually.... got my bamboo today, (33 x 1.2 meter gracillis which will provide me a green living wall here in central Melbourne... circa 2K's worth just for juniors) this may not seem like much to people on here, but how can I describe it properly. About 6 years back I realised that too live where I live in the perfect manner, I had to rid myself (ourselves) of the vista of the flats next door. It's actually cost me over 200K to bring my house up to scratch to enable us to have a place to be proud off... we've done a full reno... from restumping, reroofing, extension, new bloody everything... Now I can put the Bamboo in... Oh we landscaped as well LOL... It's icing on the cake time.

So looks like I'm about to swap one addiction for another... I did enjoy mytime on the net, on these bulletin boards, but I've a feeling my Garden is about to be my new addiction... I'm actually having to force myself inside infront of the computer these last few weeks... and I'm so damn happy about that.

So lets see how powerful this new addiction is... I reckon a garden is a damn site more positive than sitting infront of a computer screen... espcially when it's the symbolises the fruition of circa 30 years of hard work in Australia.

Hopefully you wont be seeing as much as me around now.

Aurevoir all.... Here's to the future

I'll be popping in on the A league thread... as thats a summation of going out and about.

I'm going back outside to sit in my own inner urban paradise... night all

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 22nd 2012 at 12:03 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.