British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   How has your day been? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/how-has-your-day-been-758202/)

Iwannabethere Aug 9th 2012 4:58 am

Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10217979)
Loathe anchovies. Loathe olives. Love olive oil. Yes I'm weird, what of it.

I know what you mean. Love raisins. Love peanuts. Love hazelnuts. Love chocolate. Hate fruit and nut chocolate with a passion. Go figure!

Scubaemma Aug 9th 2012 6:52 am

Back to hospital to discuss test results. Day surgery booked for 24th August, which is the day before my birthday.

Although I'll be spending my birthday at a wedding, where my husband will be wearing a skirt! (Skirt/kilt, same same... He's a groomsmen and the groom has decided they'll all wear kilts as his family is originally from Scotland :D)

Don't know why they're getting married on my birthday when clearly that day should be all about me :frown::lol:

Iwannabethere Aug 9th 2012 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Scubaemma (Post 10218097)
Don't know why they're getting married on my birthday when clearly that day should be all about me :frown::lol:

On the other hand they now have NO excuse for forgetting your birthday! :thumbsup:

Scubaemma Aug 9th 2012 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10218102)
On the other hand they now have NO excuse for forgetting your birthday! :thumbsup:

Should I expect candles on the cake when they cut it? :nod:

Dorothy Aug 9th 2012 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Scubaemma (Post 10218115)
Should I expect candles on the cake when they cut it? :nod:

Bring your own to stick in the cake in case the bride and groom forget. That way they're sure to remember in future. :lol:

Oh, and :fingerscrossed: for you on the 24th.

ukecadet Aug 9th 2012 7:26 am

Working on house this morning and the lady owner greeted me at the front door and proceeded to lead me through the passage with her skirt tucked into the top of her tights and arse exposed:eek:
I didn't point it out as not sure of the protocol.

Mummy3 Aug 9th 2012 8:08 am

Had a really positive day, shame it was soooooo cold!!!

Cheetah7 Aug 10th 2012 12:56 am

I did not want to get out of my bed this morning and I was in bed at 10pm but could happily have stayed snuggled down.

Sat at my desk, my colleagues are not in yet - I just get in earlier to get my parking spot. Looking forward to tomorrow as I am going out for a meal but as for today so far, I am knackered and still yearning for my bed.

Lovely day though, might go for a walk by the harbour at lunchtime.:) Whats everyone else got planned for the weekend?

itigo Aug 10th 2012 1:01 am

It's the youngest's birthday. First year he's been really excited. Very cute. Tomorrow DD has a state gym comp but only the top 3 will go through so she's going for the fun of it (they usually come in bottom 3). Loves all the drama etc. though, especially as she's been watching the Olympics.

Sunday will be a small party for the youngest with a few friends. So quite busy for us.

Just hoping I'm not too zombie like - I'm on a mixture of 3 drugs that make you drowsy/dizzy and steroids so for the busiest part of the day I don't make much sense! Headaches are abating a bit though so it should be worth it in a few months.......

Iwannabethere Aug 10th 2012 1:06 am

Crap. Just found out my friend died suddenly yesterday. Shell shocked.

Scubaemma Aug 10th 2012 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10219509)

Oh how awful! So sorry to hear that IWBT. <<hugs>>

Cheetah7 Aug 10th 2012 1:18 am

:(

Im sorry to read that.:thumbdown: That is crap news for you.

irishbloo Aug 10th 2012 1:33 am

That's tough for all concerned.:(

Iwannabethere Aug 10th 2012 1:58 am

She leaves a 14 yr old daughter. No father. Lovely, lovely kid. My heart just breaks for her :(

DeadVim Aug 10th 2012 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere (Post 10219560)
She leaves a 14 yr old daughter. No father. Lovely, lovely kid. My heart just breaks for her :(

I'm sorry to hear that. :(