Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:46 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Had a 'wonderful' day yesterday,believe it or not.A baby i was looking after was to have his life support removed and the parents were obviously upset,not because the baby was going to die as such but that he would never have seen the sky or experienced fresh air(in London mmm),so i decided that we would take the baby to a private roof top garden we have,remove his breathing tube there and leave him alone with his parents n family to pass.It was so nice and peaceful,away from other parents,staff,and the constant pinging of machines and alarms etc,that's the proper way for a child to leave this earth,it certainly made my day a lot easier n the parents were so 'happy' he went like that.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Had a 'wonderful' day yesterday,believe it or not.A baby i was looking after was to have his life support removed and the parents were obviously upset,not because the baby was going to die as such but that he would never have seen the sky or experienced fresh air(in London mmm),so i decided that we would take the baby to a private roof top garden we have,remove his breathing tube there and leave him alone with his parents n family to pass.It was so nice and peaceful,away from other parents,staff,and the constant pinging of machines and alarms etc,that's the proper way for a child to leave this earth,it certainly made my day a lot easier n the parents were so 'happy' he went like that.
That's a helluva story

Respect
Old Feb 6th 2014, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of puts everything into perspective really!Takes a certain kind of person to do a job like that !
thank god we have people like you

Nicky
Old Feb 8th 2014, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Bernie you are amazing.

Today I was supposed to go to the beach with a friend for a swim, so of course the MS kicks in and I am wobbly and dizzy. Can't go like that, so I've had a day at home, and DD has been helping to water, do the washing and pick the veggies. OH has also helped with shopping and getting the loads onto and off the line. I did manage to cook salmon, quinoa pilau, wilted spinach and snow peas for tea. Off to bed soon as I'm exhausted by that.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:14 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Bernie you are amazing.

Today I was supposed to go to the beach with a friend for a swim, so of course the MS kicks in and I am wobbly and dizzy. Can't go like that, so I've had a day at home, and DD has been helping to water, do the washing and pick the veggies. OH has also helped with shopping and getting the loads onto and off the line. I did manage to cook salmon, quinoa pilau, wilted spinach and snow peas for tea. Off to bed soon as I'm exhausted by that.
Take it easy Caroline,rest as much as you can,without being a lazy sod of course
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:19 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

**** sake. RIP wee dude.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Take it easy Caroline,rest as much as you can,without being a lazy sod of course
Thanks Bernie- lazy sod just isn't me, though I feel quite lazy if I do stop. BUT sometimes the body just says "hold it a moment, you ARE going to do nothing" and then forces you to be horizontal.

Today I have a leaflet round to do- it is wet again!! 3 hours of walking about with bags of junk mail which will be paper-mache by the end of it!!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Thanks Bernie- lazy sod just isn't me, though I feel quite lazy if I do stop. BUT sometimes the body just says "hold it a moment, you ARE going to do nothing" and then forces you to be horizontal.

Today I have a leaflet round to do- it is wet again!! 3 hours of walking about with bags of junk mail which will be paper-mache by the end of it!!
Me n Kari will be in Syd march 10th til 13th if yer about for a coffee.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Me n Kari will be in Syd march 10th til 13th if yer about for a coffee.
Would love to!! pm me details when you know your movements.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:16 pm
FREE TIBET

Would love to!! pm me details when you know your movements.
MY MOVEMENTS,i beg yer pardon
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:17 pm
FREE TIBET

Caroline,will do,we are staying near darling harbour,def flexible so see ya for a coffee )
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MY MOVEMENTS,i beg yer pardon

Should have known you'd take it like that! (My OH would too.)
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Caroline,will do,we are staying near darling harbour,def flexible so see ya for a coffee )
Righto- NOT Tuesday, as I do my leaflet round (1/3rd of the way through and thankfully not too soggy as yet), probably Thursday (or Monday) would be best for me.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Righto- NOT Tuesday, as I do my leaflet round (1/3rd of the way through and thankfully not too soggy as yet), probably Thursday (or Monday) would be best for me.
We fly in monday n out thurs,so weds be good.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We fly in monday n out thurs,so weds be good.
Ok- hopefully I won't be too knackered if I've got my round done on Tuesday. I'll definitely need caffeine though!! (1/2 done now.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.