Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by eddie007
How very topical... yesterday I nearly shuffled off this mortal coil... stood 2 meters away passenger side of my car in the car park, rifling through handbag to find lost keys when little old bloke slams foot on accelerator IN REVERSE half way across the park (from his disabled space) ...makes up enough speed to make the car that was parked next to mine slam SIDEWAYS into My drivers side... and end up just 1 meter away from me... impressive seeing as my car was slammed sideways UP a kerb and onto the path I'm standing on....

If I hadn't 'lost' my keys in my handbag and been hunting for them I would have been next to my car on the drivers side and taken the full impact ...

and probably be dead.

Poor little Getz, that's its SECOND vicious, nasty, unprovoked attack in the last 4 months...
That's just downright dangerous and the bloke shouldn't be driving....probably more a case of counting your lucky stars.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! Glad you are OK, even if your car isn't.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
That's just downright dangerous and the bloke shouldn't be driving....probably more a case of counting your lucky stars.
I don't think he will be driving again, his car is ****ed.... and his carer (when we took him home) said he had been unwell for a few days and she had told him not to drive... she has contacted the police and his GP and asked us to give statements .....

Don't like to see an old bloke loosing his independence... but then don't want to think of what would have happened if I were better organised and didn't have to search for my keys
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he will be driving again, his car is ****ed.... and his carer (when we took him home) said he had been unwell for a few days and she had told him not to drive... she has contacted the police and his GP and asked us to give statements .....

Don't like to see an old bloke loosing his independence... but then don't want to think of what would have happened if I were better organised and didn't have to search for my keys

Defintely done the right thing..... I dont reckon I'll get to that stage for another 20 years plus....but I'd still rather public transport .. or somewhere with courtesy buses.... I think there needs to be a mindset change amongst the over 70's for sure. I've heard of people commiting sucide at that point in life.... it's all about location imo.

To be honest I'd rather the wife just bump my or our cars around than worry about it all. Not that I'm anywhere near that, but honestly I'd rather sit there with a tinny in my hand whilst we get somewhere.

I'm fully aware of this issue at age 58 and it aint going to catch me out for sure.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 14th 2014 at 11:32 am.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:50 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

How very topical... yesterday I nearly shuffled off this mortal coil... stood 2 meters away passenger side of my car in the car park, rifling through handbag to find lost keys when little old bloke slams foot on accelerator IN REVERSE half way across the park (from his disabled space) ...makes up enough speed to make the car that was parked next to mine slam SIDEWAYS into My drivers side... and end up just 1 meter away from me... impressive seeing as my car was slammed sideways UP a kerb and onto the path I'm standing on....

If I hadn't 'lost' my keys in my handbag and been hunting for them I would have been next to my car on the drivers side and taken the full impact ...

and probably be dead.

Poor little Getz, that's its SECOND vicious, nasty, unprovoked attack in the last 4 months...
Grayling lives to drive another day
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Happy Birthday both of you - sorry it's a bit late but hope you both had wonderful days
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Happy belated birthdays lovely ladies. I've always said all the best babies were born in January.
Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yes, Happy Birthday ub40fan and irishbloo.
Originally Posted by paulry
Thank you guys.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:14 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Happy Belated birthday to you too.I had a lovely lazy weekend due to hot weather and birthday.
Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Happy birthday to both of you!!
Happy Birthday both of you - sorry it's a bit late but hope you both had wonderful days
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Happy belated birthdays lovely ladies. I've always said all the best babies were born in January.
Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yes, Happy Birthday ub40fan and irishbloo.
Originally Posted by paulry

And thank you from me too xx

and probably be dead.

Blimey, bit of a close call there. My youngest was involved in a car rollover on sat night - injuries were very slight - and it does make you a bit grateful for a near miss. So glad you are still with us Eddie
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon that the driving standards in Perth get even worse during a heatwave. A night or two of not sleeping well, plus getting dehydrated, hot and bothered during the day and you can end up with more grumpy and aggressive drivers than normal. Older people tend not to handle the heat as well, so if this bloke had been unwell too, he was a hazard behind the wheel.

A near-miss can really shake you up. Glad to hear that you escaped injury.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling nervous, got a call from GP the other evening saying my renal function is reduced - they dont know if its the AI disease or the immune-suppressants I am on but I have to have a load more tests.

Hope it's the drugs to be honest because if it's the illness then that is more of a worry.

I was so crook over xmas - tired/headache/nausea, weight loss - I just knew something wasn't right.

Oh well, I shall find out what is going on soon enough.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Feeling nervous, got a call from GP the other evening saying my renal function is reduced - they dont know if its the AI disease or the immune-suppressants I am on but I have to have a load more tests.

Hope it's the drugs to be honest because if it's the illness then that is more of a worry.

I was so crook over xmas - tired/headache/nausea, weight loss - I just knew something wasn't right.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for the extra tests - take care of yourself
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you don't have to wait too long for the extra tests - take care of yourself
thanks Sparkles, I am a bit nervous - the doctor called me at 7pm in the evening and asked if I could come in but I was down South in the bush and couldnt. But I have the hospital next week so they will do more extensive tests then.

Whilst I am pleased about the weight loss, I think we all know that weight loss whilst not trying is not healthy and not normal so I knew something was wrong.

But it does explain a whole heap of recent symptoms. If its the drugs, I am assuming it is reversible.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Sparkles, I am a bit nervous - the doctor called me at 7pm in the evening and asked if I could come in but I was down South in the bush and couldnt. But I have the hospital next week so they will do more extensive tests then.

Whilst I am pleased about the weight loss, I think we all know that weight loss whilst not trying is not healthy and not normal so I knew something was wrong.

But it does explain a whole heap of recent symptoms. If its the drugs, I am assuming it is reversible.
Nothing scarier than that sort of phone call, but they are waiting until hosp appt so try not to worry - easier said than done I know
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my fingers crossed for you. I had really bad blood problems from my drugs, but as soon as I stopped taking them, the white cell count crept out of the danger area. Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 5:30 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Take care Cheetah - keeping for you
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DD has just got her offer from Uni- BA Psychology at Macquarie starting in March.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.