Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Dec 17th 2013, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Hope it's either blindingly hot or pissing it down
Blindingly hot would suit me... MIL " doesn't do heat" and I am SURE none of our air conditioners work, apart from the one in her room
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Blindingly hot would suit me... MIL " doesn't do heat" and I am SURE none of our air conditioners work, apart from the one in her room
AND she wants to do the "Aussie thing" lol
Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
AND she wants to do the "Aussie thing" lol
Nope... its the Shitbags Mother who wants to do the aussie thing
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:25 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I have just spent the day trying to find a whoopee cushion.

No luck today... will try again tomorrow.

I taught a niece to show off food, half eaten in her mouth (I know it's disgusting but children like that kind of thing)... and now it's time to get a nephew a whoopee cushion.

I'm the naughty Aunt.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Brought the biggest turkey I have ever seen in Australia.... (only 11kg...butvthat ain't bad size for Oz)

Then I find out there will only be 10 of us for dinner ....

Could have got one of the usual "fun sized" turkeys.... Never mind, I have plenty of recipes for left over turkey ....

Done 1/3 of the present shopping, and none of thenothervfood shopping with only one day off before it's here...

And we can't find a despicable me 2 giant talking minion ANYWHERE south of the swan....

It's the Telly tubbies all over again!

DAMMIT!
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Brought the biggest turkey I have ever seen in Australia.... (only 11kg...butvthat ain't bad size for Oz)

Then I find out there will only be 10 of us for dinner ....

Could have got one of the usual "fun sized" turkeys.... Never mind, I have plenty of recipes for left over turkey ....

Done 1/3 of the present shopping, and none of thenothervfood shopping with only one day off before it's here...

And we can't find a despicable me 2 giant talking minion ANYWHERE south of the swan....

It's the Telly tubbies all over again!

DAMMIT!
Just saw some of them shopping in Adelaide CBD - not a lot of help to you though
Old Dec 21st 2013, 7:26 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to do my housework but feel so knackered its taking ages. Done the ensuite, done the dining room - got the other rooms to do and the vacuuming/mopping.

Dad has his scan today to see if his prostate cancer has spread to his pelvis so that is keeping my mind off the job as well but at least he has started his hormone treatment which is something and they hope it will shrink it.

Cancer appears to be chasing my family round the palm tree at the moment, just wish it would **** off and do one and they would find a cure for it.

Anyway, husband is working xmas day and we shall have our lunch in the early evening which suits me. I have my favourite Chris Lilley DVD for xmas plus two pairs of shoes I wanted but as long as my Dad is OK that would be the best present.

Best get on with this bloody housework.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 7:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I am trying to do my housework but feel so knackered its taking ages. Done the ensuite, done the dining room - got the other rooms to do and the vacuuming/mopping.

Dad has his scan today to see if his prostate cancer has spread to his pelvis so that is keeping my mind off the job as well but at least he has started his hormone treatment which is something and they hope it will shrink it.

Cancer appears to be chasing my family round the palm tree at the moment, just wish it would **** off and do one and they would find a cure for it.

Anyway, husband is working xmas day and we shall have our lunch in the early evening which suits me. I have my favourite Chris Lilley DVD for xmas plus two pairs of shoes I wanted but as long as my Dad is OK that would be the best present.

for good news - hope you don't have to wait too long to hear
Old Dec 21st 2013, 7:43 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7

Best of luck for your dad and hope you feel better soon
Old Dec 21st 2013, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Back from Tokyo to find a very overgrown garden, and a dead rabbit wedged in the fence. But at least it is warm compared to chilly UK and cold and wet Japan.
Done mountains of washing- 5 loads- but can't really face the ironing. OH has just gone to bed, so I'm on here.

Cheetah, hope it is good news for your dad.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 8:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
for good news - hope you don't have to wait too long to hear
I am so on edge, I am at this time of the year as it is the anniversary of losing Mum (Boxing Day 2005) and my sister was diagnosed Jan this year (she is in remission) so you can imagine how nervous this is for the whole family.

Originally Posted by rasen78
Best of luck for your dad and hope you feel better soon
Im just tired from medication but I am my own worse enemy with my housework and cant stand a messy house personally and with animals it's hard to keep on top of it.

Dad made me laugh, when they mentioned trying to lower his testosterone, he said to me 'Instead of a dirty old man, I will just be a dirty man' - he does like chatting up the ladies.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Back from Tokyo to find a very overgrown garden, and a dead rabbit wedged in the fence. But at least it is warm compared to chilly UK and cold and wet Japan.
Done mountains of washing- 5 loads- but can't really face the ironing. OH has just gone to bed, so I'm on here.

Cheetah, hope it is good news for your dad.
Thanks Caroline - It's not in his bones, we know that as he had his bone scan but hopefully the other scan will show its not spread.

Hope you are having a brilliant holiday Caroline xxx
Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bloody HELL...talk about the world getting smaller by the day... Found out that a kid I went to primary school with and I haven't seen in, I think, over 30 years is not only living in Australia, but just 10 minutes down the road from us....

Plan on Catching up on Friday for a few beers at our local...

Possibly one of the best Christmas presents I will get this year
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:24 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody HELL...talk about the world getting smaller by the day... Found out that a kid I went to primary school with and I haven't seen in, I think, over 30 years is not only living in Australia, but just 10 minutes down the road from us....

Plan on Catching up on Friday for a few beers at our local...

Possibly one of the best Christmas presents I will get this year
A few tinnies behind the bike shed then.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
A few tinnies behind the bike shed then.
Nope, behind the bike shed was my other expat faceache reunion.... Have more in common now than we did during our one and only snog aged 13 ... Sadly he isntnin WA...or maybe not sadly .... The reality of 33 years of living life would ruin the idealistic memories we both appear to have of each other.... The poignant what Ifs ... And sweet innocence of first love..

And we both happen to be happily married
Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Jet lagged, so have poured water over my hands rather than into the teapot. Also mangled them in a drawer as I forgot to take them out when closing it,(again) and sliced my thumb on the broken lid of the teapot while trying to clear the pieces up. Also made a hole in my silk bathrobe when ironing it at stupid o'clock last night.

OH is sick, so I'm dosing him with honey, and waiting for him to give me his bug in time for Christmas.

Meanwhile the tidying/washing continues, and I'm yet to start thinking about decorating the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.