Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Sep 18th 2013, 8:02 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Don't know what's going on yet mate.... Will know more after they have run some tests.... It's wait watch and see....

But I bloody miss him already...

Don't think even my back catalogue of real housewives will be enough to distract me....
Hope everything goes well and they get your OH sorted out quickly. Keep your chin up and try not to run yourself ragged while you keep the work/life balance thing going.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hope they get to the bottom of it soon, big hugs to you x
How's things with you? Have they settled down a bit now?
Old Sep 18th 2013, 11:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So, yesterday was a bit of an up and down day.

I've started working a 9 day fortnight, so I start work at 6:45 am and go home at 3:45 which is great. I can catch the 4:02 train and be home by 5. However, I realised at 2:30 that I had a meeting from 3:30 to 4:30 in Executive so couldn't get out of it. The meeting wrapped up at 4, so I could actually catch the 4:23 and got home at about 5:20.

I got home and found that the cleaners had left the front door unlocked - AGAIN! Third week in a row that I've had to remind them to check the door on their way out. I think this may need to tell them not to come back if it happens again. They do a good job, though so it was really nice to come home to a clean house.

At 5:30 my husband rang to say "don't worry, I'm ok but I've been in an accident and I need you to come get me". He was riding his motorcycle up Marmion and it had just started raining so the roads were slick. There was a trainee cop who decided to turn on her lights and siren at the corner of Hepburn and go through the red light westbound just as my husband came to the light going north - the supervisor who was in the car admitted it was a training exercise and the driver should have put her siren on sooner and slowed/stopped to make sure there was no traffic before going through the light. The woman in the car in front of him slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting the police car. My husband tried to stop but he skidded on the wet road into the back of the car in front of him and slid partway under. There's nothing on him that's broken but there's quite a bit of cosmetic damage to his bike. Nothing too major, as he was able to drive it home, although it will have to go in to the shop today for repair.

So...I went to pick him up and parked on the verge for a couple of minutes to make sure he was ok and to follow him home. While my car was sitting under a tree a giant freakin huntsman decided that my car looked like a nice place to sit. As we started driving up Marmion - me following a very shaky husband - said huntsman started crawling down the driver's side window. Nice and slow giving me the evil eye.

On the plus side we got home around 7 and my lovely daughter had made dinner for us. She's a good girl that daughter of mine. Obviously doesn't take after her mother
Old Sep 19th 2013, 12:10 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

I've started working a 9 day fortnight, so I start work at 6:45 am and go home at 3:45 which is great. I can catch the 4:02 train and be home by 5. However, I realised at 2:30 that I had a meeting from 3:30 to 4:30 in Executive so couldn't get out of it. The meeting wrapped up at 4, so I could actually catch the 4:23 and got home at about 5:20.

I got home and found that the cleaners had left the front door unlocked - AGAIN! Third week in a row that I've had to remind them to check the door on their way out. I think this may need to tell them not to come back if it happens again. They do a good job, though so it was really nice to come home to a clean house.

At 5:30 my husband rang to say "don't worry, I'm ok but I've been in an accident and I need you to come get me". He was riding his motorcycle up Marmion and it had just started raining so the roads were slick. There was a trainee cop who decided to turn on her lights and siren at the corner of Hepburn and go through the red light westbound just as my husband came to the light going north - the supervisor who was in the car admitted it was a training exercise and the driver should have put her siren on sooner and slowed/stopped to make sure there was no traffic before going through the light. The woman in the car in front of him slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting the police car. My husband tried to stop but he skidded on the wet road into the back of the car in front of him and slid partway under. There's nothing on him that's broken but there's quite a bit of cosmetic damage to his bike. Nothing too major, as he was able to drive it home, although it will have to go in to the shop today for repair.

So...I went to pick him up and parked on the verge for a couple of minutes to make sure he was ok and to follow him home. While my car was sitting under a tree a giant freakin huntsman decided that my car looked like a nice place to sit. As we started driving up Marmion - me following a very shaky husband - said huntsman started crawling down the driver's side window. Nice and slow giving me the evil eye.

On the plus side we got home around 7 and my lovely daughter had made dinner for us. She's a good girl that daughter of mine. Obviously doesn't take after her mother
Just a nice quiet day then?

(Hope Mr Dorothy isn't too sore this morning now the adrenaline's worn off)
Old Sep 19th 2013, 12:55 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh blimey Dorothy, I hope you have both recovered from this

My husband also rides a bike most days into the city, and I absolutely dread this sort of call. it's not the bike riders, it's the bloody car drivers who don't consider the bikes when they do stuff on the roads.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

Wow you sound full of energy. Send me some.

I've had a pretty strange day, about to get quite dramatic:

Prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow, have been on a dreadful "white" diet for the last couple of days: white bread, rice, pasta, steamed fish, potatoes, and no food at all today, just "approved" clear liquids.

Took the first sachet of PicoPrep twenty minutes ago and some rumblings already on the horizon

Just a "screening" thing as they think I have diverticulae like a lot of people nowadays.

Anyone for some photos? Called in at Aldi and got a pack of flushable wipes, too much information I know.

Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger! Glad he's ok, pleased the bike isn't badly damaged. Sounds like the police need to find off road with random drivers for that sort of training. As for the last but one bit - lalalalalalalalalala. Awesome daughter!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 6:59 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad OH is okay and no major damage but I must say your spider description has just made me
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:08 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm glad OH is okay and no major damage but I must say your spider description has just made me
Yeah, you just wait until you look up and one's giving you the stink eye.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:11 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad he's ok. The OH, not the spider
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Night number three without HIM... I DONT DO SLEEPING ON MY OWN

I have turned my clean socks inside out three times already and have no idea where the rest are kept... the cats are circling hungrily ... and the children are running wild...

I need him home
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you just wait until you look up and one's giving you the stink eye.
We had one that hung around the laundry for a few days, just sitting on the wall above the door way - one of his legs looked funny so that's what we called him

Now cockroaches nasty things
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:25 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Night number three without HIM... I DONT DO SLEEPING ON MY OWN

I have turned my clean socks inside out three times already and have no idea where the rest are kept... the cats are circling hungrily ... and the children are running wild...

I need him home
Some crap going on at the moment for you. Have they figured out what's wrong yet?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
We had one that hung around the laundry for a few days, just sitting on the wall above the door way - one of his legs looked funny so that's what we called him

Now cockroaches nasty things
I have no idea how anyone can live in a house that has a spider living in it. They have to die and die fast. The spiders not the people. Although there are some peo......
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:42 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I have no idea how anyone can live in a house that has a spider living in it. They have to die and die fast. The spiders not the people. Although there are some peo......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.