Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Tell them that 9.5 months is plenty of time for them to have found their own place. Give them until the end of the month to get out of your home and let your daughter know that it is NOT her fault that a houseguest has treated her that way.
They have outstayed their welcome.It is time to go.Your relationship has been ruined by this.They have to go.Its a shame but you cant live like this.Ask them to go before something serious happens.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Dorothy, I too could kiss you (but no tongues from me )

I am stressed out about this, and starting to doubt myself and think I was over reacting, time to have a glass of wine and collect myself I think x
When you're done snogging Dotty...

We sat down "as a family" and presented a united front .. Discussed openly and calmly ALL the issues and asked him what he wanted to do about it... Actually felt for the kid... he has not had too much stability in his life TBH... And not a lot of unconditional love.... I still believe there is a good kid somewhere in there...

He has another chance to make a go of things... "Girlfriend" goes home the end of the week... She is a nice girl... But shouldn't have come....

So watch this space.... And keep yer fingers crossed for me eh?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:09 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Most people in their right minds would feel bad enough asking to stay at someones for two weeks -but to stay, with family members, beyond this is taking the piss and it's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Be calm and give them their marching orders they've had long enough.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:52 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
When you're done snogging Dotty...

We sat down "as a family" and presented a united front .. Discussed openly and calmly ALL the issues and asked him what he wanted to do about it... Actually felt for the kid... he has not had too much stability in his life TBH... And not a lot of unconditional love.... I still believe there is a good kid somewhere in there...

He has another chance to make a go of things... "Girlfriend" goes home the end of the week... She is a nice girl... But shouldn't have come....

So watch this space.... And keep yer fingers crossed for me eh?
Eddie, it sounds like you handled things a whole lot better than I/we did.

I just wanted to slap him in the face and knock the attitude problem right out of him.

Thing is, my boys would never have dreamed of speaking to someone like he spoke to me, especially if they were living under their roof.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but I reckon it will be fine
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:58 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to slap him in the face and knock the attitude problem right out of him.

Thing is, my boys would never have dreamed of speaking to someone like he spoke to me, especially if they were living under their roof.

I'm with you - my boys also wouldn't speak like that, plus they would know better than to lay hands on a girl no matter what the provocation.

I hope you manage to get things sorted
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

If one of my kids did that they would have been eating carpet too
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:13 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
If one of my kids did that they would have been eating carpet too
You have carpet
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you all with family problems. Violence is wrong, whether it comes form a male or a female. I can understand people snapping under pressure, but once it is done, there is no going back, and it becomes easier to do it again. Remove the parties from the situation asap.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your problems S, hope you get them sorted out soon with as little damage to the family as possible.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I once called my father in law a cu next tuesday, threatened to knock him out, and told his missus to eff off out of my house as she was no longer welcome. I charge $60 for initial consultation and $50 per threat, you can find me on www.englishmediationservices.com.au
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I once called my father in law a cu next tuesday, threatened to knock him out, and told his missus to eff off out of my house as she was no longer welcome. I charge $60 for initial consultation and $50 per threat, you can find me on www.englishmediationservices.com.au
Violence is not the answer,you need to reeellllaaax and visit Berniethebuddhist.co.tibet

Last edited by Bernieboy; Sep 10th 2013 at 9:03 am.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:50 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, that went really badly!

His father (my brother) thinks it is acceptable for his son to scratch my daughter as he grabbed her by the neck, put her on the ground and hold her there because she went for him. And he (my brother) assured me if I went for him he would do the same.

That is something I cannot come to terms with at all.

A lot more screaming and shouting was done.

Apparently the nephew fronting up to Steve, goading him to hit him and screaming and shouting at me was to protect his mother!

They are currently moving out - get this though - moving in with their 22 year old who is on his own because they guy he shares with is overseas - that guy is my 22 year old son!!!

No-one is speaking to me at all - so I am holed up in the bedroom out of the way while they pack. My daughter and I are being made to feel this is our fault, her for starting it and me for standing up for her.

And I have no wine in here and I so need a drink!

Time to take a deep breath and say, thanks for listening guys x

Tomorrow is another day.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

His father (my brother) thinks it is acceptable for his son to scratch my daughter as he grabbed her by the neck, put her on the ground and hold her there because she went for him. And he (my brother) assured me if I went for him he would do the same.

Apparently the nephew fronting up to Steve, goading him to hit him and screaming and shouting at me was to protect his mother!

They are currently moving out - get this though - moving in with their 22 year old who is on his own because they guy he shares with is overseas - that guy is my 22 year old son!!!

No-one is speaking to me at all - so I am holed up in the bedroom out of the way while they pack. My daughter and I are being made to feel this is our fault, her for starting it and me for standing up for her.

Tomorrow is another day.
So sorry for you - ((((hugs))))

Hopefully a bit of time and space will help everyone
Old Sep 10th 2013, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tomorrow is another day.
And once they are gone you can start to rebuild your life.... See it as the blessing it is that they are going.... And move onwards and upwards from here.

Never does a Good turn go unpunished!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Have a virtual wine, and hugs from me. ((()))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.