Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

I need to have a sit down with my boss tomorrow.... But I have SO much work on I can't see it happening...

Am thinking that I have to make the time to walk up stream and see who is pushing the barstards in.....
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I took DD out to a mother/daughter Y12 dinner at a Thai restaurant. She had a good time, but because I am GF, I ended up being left out as far as food was concerned- my order arrived after everyone else had finished their entrees, and it was really spicy, so I couldn't eat it. I was also unable to eat my vegetable main course- I tried to swallow a mushroom, but as it tasted really bad, I was forced to spit it out into my napkin. EEEEW- that is the first time I have ever done that, and I'm really embarrassed- I was sitting next to a teacher, who happened to notice. I thought I was going to be sick, but was stuck at the table.

No wonder I don't like going to restaurants much.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Voted for the first time today. OH went along to get himself a sausage, bacon and egg butty!!
Old Sep 7th 2013, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Is struggling today with my nephew and his girlfriend who are creating MASSIVE dramas.... We live a peaceful quiet life... And don't cope well with this kind of shit.....

Am getting to the stage where I dontbwantbto be in my own home ....

Any one got a bed for me? I'm house trained and will only be staying for 9 months....
Old Sep 7th 2013, 2:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Is struggling today with my nephew and his girlfriend who are creating MASSIVE dramas.... We live a peaceful quiet life... And don't cope well with this kind of shit.....

Any one got a bed for me? I'm house trained and will only be staying for 9 months....
You would be welcome here any time - but the journey to work would be a bit of a nightmare
Old Sep 7th 2013, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You would be welcome here any time - but the journey to work would be a bit of a nightmare
Can I send him instead please?

Little shit left himself logged onto FB on my youngest compute... So when HE asked me at 1215 PM to stop tapping on the iPad keeping him awake I went and used mumbles I saw EXACTLY what shit he has been saying about me, his cousins, his grandparents...

If he comes back here he is going to have a seriously hard time explaining.... But I've done the decent thing and told him I've read it ..... So he has the heads up to get on the next flight out of here...
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Little shit left himself logged onto FB on my youngest compute... So when HE asked me at 1215 PM to stop tapping on the iPad keeping him awake I went and used mumbles I saw EXACTLY what shit he has been saying about me, his cousins, his grandparents...

If he comes back here he is going to have a seriously hard time explaining.... But I've done the decent thing and told him I've read it ..... So he has the heads up to get on the next flight out of here...
Good topic for a thread this. My wife does this to our teenagers and it causes all sorts of, in my opinion, unecessary angst and problems. My reasoning is that kids change a lot at that age and what they feel strongly one month may well change the next. Plus personally I dont like intruding.... Maybe it's a mum thing ?

I even go as far, as quietly advising my 15YO Son to make sure he logs out of facebook. Which I will admit could be the wrong thing to do. Still Teenagers probably carried on about their parents and family before facebook and their parents wouldnt have had a clue.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 10:26 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You can send him this way - but that's a funny route back to the UK
Old Sep 7th 2013, 11:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Good topic for a thread this. My wife does this to our teenagers and it causes all sorts of, in my opinion, unecessary angst and problems. My reasoning is that kids change a lot at that age and what they feel strongly one month may well change the next. Plus personally I dont like intruding.... Maybe it's a mum thing ?

I even go as far, as quietly advising my 15YO Son to make sure he logs out of facebook. Which I will admit could be the wrong thing to do. Still Teenagers probably carried on about their parents and family before facebook and their parents wouldnt have had a clue.
The difference though is that the nephew is a guest in eddie's home. Teenagers are usually not guests in their parents' homes. Yes, parents can expect a certain amount of complaining from their kids, but to come all the way from UK to be an unpaying, ungrateful asshat is unacceptable.

Ed, you need to tell him you've had enough and it's time for him to use the "working" part of his working holiday visa. Or, time to use the travel portion of it and bugger off with his uninvited girlfriend to do some backpacking in other parts of the country.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The difference though is that the nephew is a guest in eddie's home. Teenagers are usually not guests in their parents' homes. Yes, parents can expect a certain amount of complaining from their kids, but to come all the way from UK to be an unpaying, ungrateful asshat is unacceptable.

Ed, you need to tell him you've had enough and it's time for him to use the "working" part of his working holiday visa. Or, time to use the travel portion of it and bugger off with his uninvited girlfriend to do some backpacking in other parts of the country.
On occasions Dotty, I could Kiss you. And it would involve tongues......

He knew he had left himself logged on as his "girlfriend" read his posts on Thursday when this all kicked off..... So what does he do? Log back on, talk more shit about us and leave it open AGAIN on my sons computer and posses off for the weekend with out her.....

I can only surmise that this was entirely intentional, he wanted it to be read and he wanted the effect it has had...

Emirates will be one passenger heavier this week
Old Sep 8th 2013, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm seriously pissed off with my sister. I got an e-mail from one of my dad's friends, and the lovely lady whose house I got married from after my parents got divorced, to say that her husband, a good friend of my dear dad, had lost his battle with cancer on 28th August. She said my sister had sent a card, and thought she would have told me.

Well no, my sister didn't tell me, and I'm really rather upset. But then she didn't send a birthday card or a silver wedding card either. Right at this moment I want to slap her very hard. My mother wouldn't tell me either, though she only writes a few letters a year, and hates the woman as she thought she was having an affair with my dad. She also hates all Welsh people since the woman is Welsh, though she grudgingly forgave my OH for being Welsh when he married me.

I really don't want to see her when I go back to the UK for a visit, because I may not be able to hold my tongue- and I'm certainly not going to her house, which is stinky- she smokes and has at least a dozen ferrets which she lets run over the house and crap everywhere. The last thing I want is to have an argument- I'd rather not have anything to do with her if that is going to be her attitude towards me. However, I feel obligated to let DD see her only aunt.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Sep 8th 2013 at 5:59 am.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Riot act read....

Then went to Freo for a pint of little creatures..... Nothing like a ride on a sunny day to clear the mind and blow the cobwebs away....

Though I prefer the old bike.... Back to pegs, no nice plates.... No sissy bar... Not even any grabs.... Good job I've got a big fat arse to keep me on it eh?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:26 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

On occasions Dotty, I could Kiss you. And it would involve tongues......

He knew he had left himself logged on as his "girlfriend" read his posts on Thursday when this all kicked off..... So what does he do? Log back on, talk more shit about us and leave it open AGAIN on my sons computer and posses off for the weekend with out her.....

I can only surmise that this was entirely intentional, he wanted it to be read and he wanted the effect it has had...

Emirates will be one passenger heavier this week
Riot act read....

Then went to Freo for a pint of little creatures..... Nothing like a ride on a sunny day to clear the mind and blow the cobwebs away....

Though I prefer the old bike.... Back to pegs, no nice plates.... No sissy bar... Not even any grabs.... Good job I've got a big fat arse to keep me on it eh?
OMG!!! I can so relate to this.

My brother, his wife and their 17 year old have been staying with us since Jan 21st. Son is a smart mouthed little shit. I have been dealing with it by spending most weekends "renovating" at a place we bought in
July for investment

We also had his girlfriend for 2 months to the end of August, not asked first would we mind? but told oh she's booked her ticket and is coming, is that ok? Well no its not, but its too late now!

He and my 17 yr old daughter have had more than their fair share of arguments, and have been told to sort it out themselves.

This weekend we decided to stay an extra day and had a lovely time, until lunchtime when my daughter phoned in tears to ask when we were coming home. It takes us 2 hours to get back as the place is only accessible by boat

Got home, asked his mother for her version as she was here, she reckoned it was all a lot of fuss over nothing, my daughter went for him over something stupid he said and that was it.

Daughter says she went for him (stupid) and he pushed her head into the microwave, pushed her to the ground and held her down.

He was out at the time, but when he came back he fronted up to my husband and was really rude and reckoned he did nothing wrong.

Now I know that she was the instigator and shouldn't have done it, but neither he nor his mother see anything wrong in what he did. I don't think any situation warrants a male pushing a female around.

Am I wrong?

Anyway upshot it, is all got a little (lot) heated, he would not shut up long enough for anyone to speak, was generally rude and very disrespectful. So I told him to leave, which he did, he has gone to his brothers (who lived with us for 18 months and was not a bit of bother). We have told his parents he can come back if he adjusts his attitude, but they don't think he will.

Apparently he has also said he is going to leave Australia, and his mother just sat there and said if he does I will be going too. This woman used to be my best mate from school.

I am devastated that I might lose my family over this, and I have really laid into my daughter over this as she should not have gone for him in the first place. just because he has been giving her grief over the past 7.5 months does not mean physical violence is acceptable at all.

Brother and wife have now gone to talk to him and I know they wont come back until we are in bed, so nothing will really get resolved tonight.

What the hell do I do now??
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan

What the hell do I do now??
Tell them that 9.5 months is plenty of time for them to have found their own place. Give them until the end of the month to get out of your home and let your daughter know that it is NOT her fault that a houseguest has treated her that way.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:43 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Tell them that 9.5 months is plenty of time for them to have found their own place. Give them until the end of the month to get out of your home and let your daughter know that it is NOT her fault that a houseguest has treated her that way.
Dorothy, I too could kiss you (but no tongues from me )

I am stressed out about this, and starting to doubt myself and think I was over reacting, time to have a glass of wine and collect myself I think x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.