Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 15th 2013, 1:56 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Neighbours across the road have erected the biggest, ugliest six-foot timber- panel fence across the front of their property. This is now our view from the lounge room window. So I said to husband, let's hope they don't paint it white or we'll have nothing but glare into the lounge room. So last night, at twilight, they start spray-painting the ugly fence. White. It is windy and they were spray painting... about 12 foot from our car. So we had to move the car. Today, I am waiting to see when the painting will resume. Apart from where to park, I am wondering which will be worse... the white glare or the artwork when the local graffiti gangs wake up to the new canvas.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Gutted as broke iPad today by slapping the screen a few times in frustration...childish I know. Now scrolls white and grey and won't boot. Anyone else had this issue.

Can't find much online to help. Someone crashed their car and theirs broke the window and embedded itself in the car behind and still worked and another had a softball whack it straight on and was fine. The screen isn't damaged, it's the display. So upset with myself.

Omg....saw on a site that for a similar issue tapping it on the back can help. Had one last try at that as it didn't work earlier and it flipping worked!!!!!!!! Need to back up now......oh my day is so much better now......

Last edited by itigo; Jun 15th 2013 at 10:43 am. Reason: miracles do happen
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Gutted as broke iPad today by slapping the screen a few times in frustration...childish I know. Now scrolls white and grey and won't boot. Anyone else had this issue.

Can't find much online to help. Someone crashed their car and theirs broke the window and embedded itself in the car behind and still worked and another had a softball whack it straight on and was fine. The screen isn't damaged, it's the display. So upset with myself.

Omg....saw on a site that for a similar issue tapping it on the back can help. Had one last try at that as it didn't work earlier and it flipping worked!!!!!!!! Need to back up now......oh my day is so much better now......
Theres a thing on google about resetting an ipad - hold down hold and home buttons - is that any good (sorry have Samsung Galaxy tab so don't know much)
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Bored again......rugby is on again so I'm banished from the front room. OH has watched Kiwis vs France and is now enjoying the Lions match. I've done the washing up, most of the ironing and been on the 'puter till my bum is numb.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 11:19 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Bored again......rugby is on again so I'm banished from the front room. OH has watched Kiwis vs France and is now enjoying the Lions match. I've done the washing up, most of the ironing and been on the 'puter till my bum is numb.
So who the hell is fetching his beer ?????? some OH you are
Old Jun 15th 2013, 12:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Isn't that why people have children?
Old Jun 15th 2013, 1:23 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Isn't that why people have children?
nope pause button on Foxtel works wonders the boy stopped fetching me beer years ago as it's "not good for you",
Old Jun 15th 2013, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant future

Looking into moving to Sussex, fancy getting a log cabin flat pack and buying a plot, so much cheaper than a conventional house!
Old Jun 15th 2013, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Been down the Rd at our good friends gaffe.... She cooked Beef and Guiness Pie as she is still getting over her trip to the UK and Ireland.... Great for us

She did a great job as well
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I gave him a glass of wine and then later cups of tea. He doesn't drink copious amounts of anything.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I gave him a glass of wine and then later cups of tea. He doesn't drink copious amounts of anything.
They were good matches both of them......and I'm a girl!! Hee hee.....
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by itigo
They were good matches both of them......and I'm a girl!! Hee hee.....
Mr Halfpenny did a good job. I could hear the whole thing whilst exiled.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 11:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Been down the Rd at our good friends gaffe.... She cooked Beef and Guiness Pie as she is still getting over her trip to the UK and Ireland.... Great for us

She did a great job as well
Yum! Now it's winter I'm loving all those comfort food type meals.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 1:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm officially living up to the old part of my name - by baby is not a baby anymore - the young spark is 18 today
Old Jun 16th 2013, 2:43 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm officially living up to the old part of my name - by baby is not a baby anymore - the young spark is 18 today
Come back and complain about being old when your baby turns 33 (mine does in October)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.