Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

I did something really stupid and kind of expensive today. I'm booked to go to Europe in July and was getting all my paperwork in order this morning. I was printing off itineraries and e-tickets and found everything except my flight from Singapore to Perth. It wasn't on any of the websites of the various airlines I'm flying (qantas, Singapore, finnair) and I could not find it on the printouts I had. So...what do I do? I booked a ticket on Malaysian (non-refundable of course) from Singapore to Perth. Half an hour later I find a copy of the printout on my husband's desk showing a flight on Singapore airlines all booked and paid for. So now i have not one but 2 tickets from Singapore to Perth on 20 August. Looking at cancelling the second half of the SIA flight (I'm booked to fly from Sydney to Sin with them on the way tho Europe) and keeping the Malaysian will actually cost me more than just eating the cost of the second ticket!

So, it looks like I'm going to have to try to change the date on the second ticket and have a second holiday. On the plus side I'm going to try to convince a friend that we need a long long weekend in KL.

Oh, and the reverse cycle heating broke yesterday. Of course wee gave all the portable heaters to a friend when she moved into her house, so it's warmer outside than inside my house. Had I mentioned that I hate the cold?
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I did something really stupid and kind of expensive today. I'm booked to go to Europe in July and was getting all my paperwork in order this morning. I was printing off itineraries and e-tickets and found everything except my flight from Singapore to Perth. It wasn't on any of the websites of the various airlines I'm flying (qantas, Singapore, finnair) and I could not find it on the printouts I had. So...what do I do? I booked a ticket on Malaysian (non-refundable of course) from Singapore to Perth. Half an hour later I find a copy of the printout on my husband's desk showing a flight on Singapore airlines all booked and paid for. So now i have not one but 2 tickets from Singapore to Perth on 20 August. Looking at cancelling the second half of the SIA flight (I'm booked to fly from Sydney to Sin with them on the way tho Europe) and keeping the Malaysian will actually cost me more than just eating the cost of the second ticket!

So, it looks like I'm going to have to try to change the date on the second ticket and have a second holiday. On the plus side I'm going to try to convince a friend that we need a long long weekend in KL.

Oh, and the reverse cycle heating broke yesterday. Of course wee gave all the portable heaters to a friend when she moved into her house, so it's warmer outside than inside my house. Had I mentioned that I hate the cold?
I booked tickets with SIA today for my daughter, SIL and grandson to visit at christmas - but just checked credit card and charges are going through twice and sending me over my limit. Tried contacting credit card company and got the most useless blinking response going - ggggrrrr pants
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I was naffed off. Went to Big W and as we walked in we were given leaflets about NEXT online shopping. I hate NEXT, I didn't like it when I lived in the UK, it's still shite now and I don't want their poxy advertising in Big W. I'm sure half the members on here will now be rushing off to Big W though.
Only ever bought one thing from Next - fluffy grey flip-flops! Super soft on the toes, I love them! - so do my sister's cats!. One of my best ever purchases, still going strong after 5 years
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:47 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Today i've learned not to trust a wummin to book flights
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Today i've learned not to trust a wummin to book flights
Must've picked the wrong woman
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just about to head out and deliver the first batch of 2400 leaflets. It looks cold and grey, so don't know how well to wrap up. Don't want to get too hot walking up and downhill.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did it! 3.5 hours of walking, with breaks to rehydrate. The sun came out and I got quite hot and sweaty in the end. I know my heart will thank me for the exercise, but my hips are painful and shoulders ache from carrying two full bags of leaflets each time I started out.

Then when I got home there was a phone call from the hospital - DD had blood tests done recently due to her acne, and they have come back with an elevated male androgen. They want her to have an ultrasound of her ovaries to check for PCOS. (I had been worrying that she might have it, due to her being slightly too hairy and irregular periods which are very painful as well as the acne.) They want to put her back on the pill in the meantime, despite still having elevated cholesterol - it has come down off the pill from 7.8 to 5.9, but the LDL is 3.9 which is high.

If it is PCOS then at least they can do something about it. Don't laugh, but if it is, I blame her dad, as he is a classic male carrier - premature baldness and very hairy body, with bad acne as a teen. DD is ok with going back on the pill, as at least her periods are regular and less painful. She will have to have more regular blood tests though to keep a close eye on the cholesterol.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Well, I did it! 3.5 hours of walking, with breaks to rehydrate. The sun came out and I got quite hot and sweaty in the end. I know my heart will thank me for the exercise, but my hips are painful and shoulders ache from carrying two full bags of leaflets each time I started out.

Then when I got home there was a phone call from the hospital - DD had blood tests done recently due to her acne, and they have come back with an elevated male androgen. They want her to have an ultrasound of her ovaries to check for PCOS. (I had been worrying that she might have it, due to her being slightly too hairy and irregular periods which are very painful as well as the acne.) They want to put her back on the pill in the meantime, despite still having elevated cholesterol - it has come down off the pill from 7.8 to 5.9, but the LDL is 3.9 which is high.

If it is PCOS then at least they can do something about it. Don't laugh, but if it is, I blame her dad, as he is a classic male carrier - premature baldness and very hairy body, with bad acne as a teen. DD is ok with going back on the pill, as at least her periods are regular and less painful. She will have to have more regular blood tests though to keep a close eye on the cholesterol.
All the best Caroline and DD.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Had a flat battery & was running late to get to work, next door neighbour came out run to her if she was going as far as station to drop me off, she said dont worry I can drive you to work.
She then gave me her number that if the OH couldnt pick me up then she will come & get me @ 7.00pm when I finish.
Bad day turn into wonderful day thanks to my lovely neighbour.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 10:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Had a flat battery & was running late to get to work, next door neighbour came out run to her if she was going as far as station to drop me off, she said dont worry I can drive you to work.
She then gave me her number that if the OH couldnt pick me up then she will come & get me @ 7.00pm when I finish.
Bad day turn into wonderful day thanks to my lovely neighbour.
That was really nice.

I met my neighbour on one side yesterday when she set her burglar alarm off by accident - had a nice chat about the area and shes going to introduce us to some of the other neigbours

Today though went shopping and bought some new wardrobes and chest of drawers - now all I've got to do is build them
Old Jun 5th 2013, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

aww- it is good to have neighbours like that.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
That was really nice.

I met my neighbour on one side yesterday when she set her burglar alarm off by accident - had a nice chat about the area and shes going to introduce us to some of the other neigbours

Today though went shopping and bought some new wardrobes and chest of drawers - now all I've got to do is build them

Putting your draws together Will keep you out of mischief at least.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
aww- it is good to have neighbours like that.
She is lovely very lucky to have her next door to us.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Putting your draws together Will keep you out of mischief at least.
....for a long while- though it may leave you very frustrated!!! Hop over to my new thread and have a drink instead!!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still feeling the effects of the delivery round, so went for a swim.

Got home to find a letter from the roads lot requesting the medical check up so I can carry on driving. Danged MS - I've just spent a fortune at the docs getting DD her meds and injections (poor thing has a very sore arm) over $300 all told, so I don't need to fork out another set of fees for testing.

And all I get paid is approx. $38 per week!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.